Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

• Please log in to reply
8178 replies to this topic

#7681 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hey Daz I tried the my landlord won't allow dishes card but I guess dishes are only banned if you have a patio area or something. The manager tried to get me a letter from the FCC or something so it's like man I don't wanna go through this again. I'll just be blunt next time and say I don't want Dish. All that trouble just to swap out movies and games.

#7682 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

Went in to my local BBV and man is it depressing, not even any good Blu's :(

#7683 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Went in to my local BBV and man is it depressing, not even any good Blu's :(

I hear ya man. At least they used to drop blu's pretty fast down to $9.99 so they would qualify for the 4 for $20 sales. They haven't dropped anything down to $9.99 in a very very very very long time. Everything is stuck at $12.99 or $16.99 for their 2 for $20 promotion.

It's ridiculous when Best Buy is having such amazing bluray deals and BBV wants $16.99 for used, opened, rental versions with no special features, no traditional bluray case, no DVD copy, and no Digital/ultraviolet copy. Last I checked, blurays like Red Riding Hood, Transformers 3, and True Grit are still stuck at $12.99 and $16.99 unless the employees at my store haven't labeled movies correctly down to $9.99.

I think it would be fun to create a CAG poll on who has seen a recent BBV price drop Vs. who has seen Kinect Adventures tagged $34.99 or higher. I think the latter would win.

#7684 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

One of the BBV employees was using their phone inside the store. I hope she was on break lol

Survive long enough so I can rent out Sleeping Dogs!

#7685 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Haven't had any issues so far. This month I've gotten:

Rise of Nightmares
Re-animator
Fightville
The Grey (will arrive Saturday)

#7686 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

Attn all south Orange County (CA) CAGs, one of the last remaining Blockbusters in the area is closing. In Laguna Niguel, at Alicia and Pacific Park.
Used games are only at 20% off their retail price, so don't rush out or anything. I only looked in the PS3 section, there were a few relatively new titles, and a lot of overpriced old junk. I saw
Dragon's Dogma
Spec Ops the Line
Prototype 2
marked $50, so 40 bucks after discount. But if you wanted those games, you could've gotten them for 40 new by now.
All previously viewed Blu Rays were $7.99, I got Megamind, Real Steel, and the Three Stooges. I have boys.
And with that, I lay a wreath upon this thread and commit it to eternal slumber.

#7687 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

I was at a store today and they had a flyer for a Memorial Day sale. 50% off used movies and 75% off framed art. It didnt say if it stacked with the 4 for $20. No video games mentioned.

#7688 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

The store here in Tampa almost has more used games than games for rental right now. For some reason they converted all 3 of their copies of Skyward Sword for the Wii ( seems like something people would still rent).

538822.png

#7689 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

I was at a store today and they had a flyer for a Memorial Day sale. 50% off used movies and 75% off framed art. It didnt say if it stacked with the 4 for $20. No video games mentioned.

You mean Labor Day OC?

#7690 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

You mean Labor Day OC?

Sure, whatever the holiday at the end of the month is called.

#7691 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Sure, whatever the holiday at the end of the month is called.

You mean at the beginning of the month OC?

#7692 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

So is the sale going on now or it was advertised for Labor Day weekend?

#7693 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Awesome. Does anyone know what day it starts? Maybe august 28th because sales at BBV usually start on Tuesdays?

#7694 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

Yessss my Blockbuster had Sleeping Dogs in stock, installing it now.

#7695 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

You mean at the beginning of the month OC?

I'll grab a flyer when I stop in today and double check, but I think it starts the 31st

#7696 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'll grab a flyer when I stop in today and double check, but I think it starts the 31st

You want me to buy you a calendar OC? Lol.

#7697 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

You want me to buy you a calendar OC? Lol.

No, just continue to correct any mistakes I make here.

#7698 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Any word on a supposed Labor Day sale?

#7699 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Just let this thread fade into the darkness...

#7700 smashngrab77

smashngrab77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

This thread has nine lives I swear. HB if you still monitor these posts. I hope things are doing well for you and your family.
NEW LOWBALL AUCTION LIVE 1/9/13 THROUGH 1/13/13 OVER 150 ITEMS TAKE A LOOK!!!http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=316289

#7701 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Any word on a supposed Labor Day sale?

Their Facebook page says "Get 50% off all previously viewed movies, plus save 75% on framed art and posters!" 8/28-9/3

#7702 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Just let this thread fade into the darkness...

Let it fade into our hearts and memories...

#7703 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

Let it fade into our hearts and memories...

#7704 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

When I think of all of the games I've picked up at the various sales versus the level of sucktitude that was that last sale that equaled out to a B1G1 50% sale I get sad.

Although if Dish had not bought out the remnants of Blockbuster, then this thread might be a long forgotten memory by now or at the most we would be talking about how horrible the discounts are at the national liquidation sales as the entire chain gets closed down.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7705 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:06 AM

blockbuster.com is fail, the games section says Dishonored is available to rent in store but the game was delayed until October lolol

Movie selection for the sale is okay but nothing I want. I did get an Iron Giant poster for $2.69 since I'm a really big fan of the film. And my Madden 13 rental came with an unused online pass, woo hoo!

I'd like to try out Darksiders 2 or P4 Arena before I play Borderlands 2 though.

Edited by TheHelix, 30 August 2012 - 04:20 AM.

#7706 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

With the death of this thread (and HWV before it) I find myself on CAG a lot less. It is so much harder to find decent, newish games for ~$5 these days.

#7707 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

I stopped into my nearby BBV on the way home today to check and see if they knew anything about a potential game sale coming up for Labor Day.

The only sale they're having right now is a 50% off pre-owned movies deal for this weekend apparently. But since most of them are $9.99 apiece that means they're $5 each.:roll:

I also noticed that Dish jacked up the formerly $.99 movies(The Informant, Sex & The City 2, etc) to $2 apiece. You can tell they were the former $1 ones cuz of the white stickers over the UPC's on the back.

About the only thing that some of you may want to check out is the 75% off on framed artwork/posters for this weekend.

While there I checked their game selection and honestly there's not much in the way of games that would qualify for the old BOGO's or even that 3/$15 or 5/$25 like they had last fall. Not to mention Dish must not pay any attention to gaming news, since pre-owned copies of Uncharted 3 were still marked $29.99.:lol:

Not only that but they had ZERO copies of most of the newer releases. Although, as expected they had almost a full row of fuckin' Madden.:roll: Oh and it's $2.99 for the first night with some 'blue carpet' rental bs I guess they're promoting now.:-#

Oh well. RIP Blockbuster. And Dish can suck the big one as far as I'm concerned.

Posted Image

#7708 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

it's $2.99 for the first night with some 'blue carpet' rental bs I guess they're promoting now.:-#.

Combo pass ftw

Well until my local BBV closes down lol

#7709 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

Combo pass ftw

Well until my local BBV closes down lol

That's great if you rent stuff regularly. But there's not many games or movies I really want to play or watch nowadays that I don't just wait until they hit their absolute lowest price I've seen and then pick them up.

If I've gone to even Redbox and rented a movie more than 3x since they really got wide distribution(and they're oversaturated around here imo), then it's a miracle.:D

Posted Image

#7710 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

Combo pass is nice, but they only get 3-4 copies of each game. By the time I get off work all copies are gone which nobody returns till month later. I'm stuck with Gamefly playing old games as I never get new releases.