Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

• Please log in to reply
8178 replies to this topic

#1951 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

Medal of Honor is HORRIBLE.

#1952 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

I don't think MoH is horrible by any means. It's nothing that special, but the single player campaign kept my interest at least. Don't bother with the multiplayer though.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1953 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

I thought the campaign was OK, especially if you can get it for $7.50 or so...decent graphics, and weapons; the scenery could get a little repetitive, though. Never did manage to check out the MP, though...heard it was kind of a camp-fest.

#1954 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

The multiplayer is basically a beta for Battlefield Bad Company 2.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1955 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

C'mon, it wasn't that bad. I actually enjoyed the campaign. Not great or anything, but definitely enjoyable and worth $10-$20.

#1956 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

There probably isn't much left for me to pick up. I feel like this B1G1 sale is too soon since the last one. We need more time for stuff to sit and drop a bit.

#1957 derspiess

derspiess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

I'm playing through my $20 CE version of SWTFUII and really enjoying it - even for the $20...

I've only had time to get through the first part, but ditto. I like it enough that I'll probably get the 360 version just to have it for both systems.

#1958 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

I'll be picking up SWTFUII as well. It's a game I've been wanting for a while and waiting for it to drop to the 15$ price mark. And now, I can get a free game with it. Not a bad deal. I hope Mafia II drops to 15$ though as that's the price I wanted for that one as well. Maybe I can get both for only 15$ if it does drop. Here's hoping..

#1959 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

So....any nice, helpful folks on the east coast gonna try their store at 10 a.m. tomorrow just to see if the sale starts early and report back to the rest of us? :)

#1960 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:07 PM

The multiplayer is basically a beta for Battlefield Bad Company 2.

It was not nearly that good....it's no good, but I guess for 7.50 it don't matter.

#1961 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:45 AM

I scoped out a couple BBVs tonight to see what they had in their inventory. I was surprised to see some pretty good games in stock today like God of War Collection, Uncharted 2, Ninety Nine Nights 2, Cod 4 (Wii), Mario Strikers (Wii), Lego Harry Potter, Mafia II, Star Wars FU II all for $14.99. Also saw command and conquer 3 for $6.99.

Actually, Mafia II (360) was marked $19.99, but I believe this is one of the $14.99 titles Hawaiiboy posted.

I also checked out the prices on the previously viewed blu rays, but I didn't uncover much more than the drops Hawaiiboy already posted. I noticed Twilight (original) was $9.99 now. Hoosiers dropped to $6.99 (maybe it was already this price, idk). I couldn't find any of those disney blu rays (sleeping beauty, snow white, beauty and the beast) that we all $16.99 during the last sale.

I asked employees that know me at all the stores if "there's a B1G1 videogame sale coming up" and none of them knew anything about it. :-P

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#1962 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:53 AM

Can't wait for Friday! I wish my closest BB's would've not closed down, though, because I'd love to go do a little advanced recon on the selection of some stores. But it would be a HUGE PITA, time-wise, to make the trip twice in a week, with my young son in tow, no less...:-k

#1963 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

How is Medal of Honor?

I think I'm gonna head to my BBV to see what's available.

Couldn't disagree more. I won't say that it is amazing, but HORRIBLE, no. SP is fun, there is a better variety in scenery than I thought there would be. You've got desert, small towns, arid, mountainside snow, caves. I found the campaign to be pretty intense due to the singular focus of one area of battle fought over a day or so as opposed to CoD's movie like jumping all over the globe (I like CoD too just for the record), but even on Hard, the initial hardest difficulty, I hardly died and wasn't challenged too much except for a few tough spots. Haven't played much MP, got killed alot since I didn't know the map and there did seem to be more camping, but unfortunately what mp doesn't have alot nowadays. I have several friends who play the mp as a break from CoD or Halo and they like it enough. It's definitely worth 7.50 although a new LE copy gets you a BF3 beta pass.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#1964 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:56 AM

All this Medal of Honor talk made me want to play the single player. Since I bought it and played a few hours online. And it's not too bad. The online wasn't that bad either, I just rarely play online games so I never got into it.

Definitely worth $7.50

I bought everything I wanted. Maybe I'll look for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II and something else.

Now Playing:

:ps3: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix // Grand Theft Auto V

:ps4: Killzone Shadow Fall

#1965 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

I'm always amazed that some don't play MP online. I've put in endless hours into MW2, BFBC2, Blops, Resistance 2 and only put about a half an hour into the single player for resistance and MW2. MP is the best part.

#1966 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:35 AM

I am going to scout out soon and hopefully find somewhere with Uncharted 2 and SWFUII, $15 for both is a steal.

#1967 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:41 AM

I personally wouldn't even pay $7.50 for Force Unleashed 2. Thought the game was just a garbage, clearly did it for the money sequel.

Another B1G1 so soon seems kind of crazy, but I know what I'll be doing Friday before work.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1968 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

I personally wouldn't even pay $7.50 for Force Unleashed 2. Thought the game was just a garbage, clearly did it for the money sequel.

Another B1G1 so soon seems kind of crazy, but I know what I'll be doing Friday before work.

I somewhat feel the same, not that it was complete garbage, but moreso that $7.50 is a bit steep for how sohrt and shallow it is.

However I would gladly pay $15 for Uncharted 2. So I just look at it as like pay $13 for Uncharted 2, get Force Unleashed II for only $3! (because of tax, not that I do not know math)

#1969 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:57 AM

I scoped out a couple BBVs tonight to see what they had in their inventory. I was surprised to see some pretty good games in stock today like God of War Collection, Uncharted 2, Ninety Nine Nights 2, Cod 4 (Wii), Mario Strikers (Wii), Lego Harry Potter, Mafia II, Star Wars FU II all for $14.99. Also saw command and conquer 3 for $6.99.

Actually, Mafia II (360) was marked $19.99, but I believe this is one of the $14.99 titles Hawaiiboy posted.

I also checked out the prices on the previously viewed blu rays, but I didn't uncover much more than the drops Hawaiiboy already posted. I noticed Twilight (original) was $9.99 now. Hoosiers dropped to $6.99 (maybe it was already this price, idk). I couldn't find any of those disney blu rays (sleeping beauty, snow white, beauty and the beast) that we all $16.99 during the last sale.

I asked employees that know me at all the stores if "there's a B1G1 videogame sale coming up" and none of them knew anything about it. :-P

Actually last time he posted price drops Mafia II was hanging in there at 19.99$ :bs: but here's hoping I'm wrong. I would love to get a copy and since I'm gonna go for SWTFUII I might as well pick up Mafia II for free if I can.

Kind of odd that no employee knew about it. Must be trying to keep this hush hush :-$ so they can snag all the good stuff.

I think looking at it in terms of 7.50 is a poor decision. It's 15$ for 2 games of your choosing. One game can outweigh another. If you buy SWTFUII with a game that's worth 10$, you technically only spent 5$ on it ;)

Personally I think it's a good game, at least from what I've seen of it. I loved the first game and I'm dying to get my hands on this one. I'm hoping there will be a copy there when I walk into the store.

PS: When do you go to work? I think BBVs open at 10am if I'm not mistaken so unless you go in late that's gonna be a little tough.

#1970 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:33 AM

I'm always amazed that some don't play MP online. I've put in endless hours into MW2, BFBC2, Blops, Resistance 2 and only put about a half an hour into the single player for resistance and MW2. MP is the best part.

I get motion sickness from most FPS. And I also suck at them. I'm the guy that at the end of the round has 3 kills and like 12 deaths. But I will go online once in a while.

I got the first one during the last B1G1 and I really liked it, so I don't mind spending $7.50 on the sequel. I also like to try really bad games.

Now Playing:

#1971 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:41 AM

I get motion sickness from most FPS. And I also suck at them. I'm the guy that at the end of the round has 3 kills and like 12 deaths. But I will go online once in a while.

But don't you see, us people that go 20-5 or 30-5 NEED guys like you who are willing to take all those deaths ;)

I for one love online FPS games, but I do think a game needs to have a damn good single player experience. I admit I put a lot more hours into Blops/MW2/MW1 in the online aspect but I do appreciate when I can turn the online part of it off and enjoy some bad guy killing on my own and not have to listen to 12 year olds shriek in my ear because I shanked em from behind once or twice and they naturally assume I'm camping/haxxorz-ing/a douche. :roll:

I often have to mute my TV as you can already tell lol.

#1972 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

But don't you see, us people that go 20-5 or 30-5 NEED guys like you who are willing to take all those deaths ;)

I for one love online FPS games, but I do think a game needs to have a damn good single player experience. I admit I put a lot more hours into Blops/MW2/MW1 in the online aspect but I do appreciate when I can turn the online part of it off and enjoy some bad guy killing on my own and not have to listen to 12 year olds shriek in my ear because I shanked em from behind once or twice and they naturally assume I'm camping/haxxorz-ing/a douche. :roll:

I often have to mute my TV as you can already tell lol.

:lol: People used to do that all the time to me in GTA(screaming at me saying I'm hacking or something), but that's cuz my connection sucks so I would likely be lagging although I wasn't doing it intentionally.

Although some of my other tactics in game(priming grenades while running at people, using attack choppers to chop up other players, etc) were intentional and worked well MANY times.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1973 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

:lol: People used to do that all the time to me in GTA(screaming at me saying I'm hacking or something), but that's cuz my connection sucks so I would likely be lagging although I wasn't doing it intentionally.

Although some of my other tactics in game(priming grenades while running at people, using attack choppers to chop up other players, etc) were intentional and worked well MANY times.;)

lol cooking grenades is so much fun especially in some maps in Blops or whatever when I see guys camping in small room areas or towers it's so easy to just walk up to it while holding RB and then throw it and it blows up within 2 seconds. They have no time to counter or run or anything and they don't even realize I'm there to begin with. It's very rare to see people in the post-match screen who have a nice laugh about it and say "good game" lol most of the time it's 12 year olds using questionable language.

#1974 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

:lol: That's why I rarely use my headset anymore.

Just tonight I had someone from Japan griefing me in a free mode in GTA Episodes and as soon as I got my hands on a chopper to turn the tables and downed their chopper they rage quit. :rofl:

Then they messaged me for 20-30 minutes calling me a loser and so on.:lol:

Posted Image

#1975 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

Speaking of Episodes, how is that? I think it should be 15$ or 10$ (can't remember) I definitely wanted this game since I beat GTAIV a long time ago. I hope I can snag a copy.

#1976 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

Speaking of Episodes, how is that? I think it should be 15$ or 10$ (can't remember) I definitely wanted this game since I beat GTAIV a long time ago. I hope I can snag a copy.

It's pretty good. I liked the storylines in the game a lot more than I did the one in GTA IV. Mind you, as soon as I was done with the storylines in Episodes I started playing multiplayer and I haven't stopped since.

A few friends and I will routinely play for 3-4 hours a night and try to find glitches to mess around with. Probably the most interesting one is a certain building in Alderney where you can slam a chopper into the roof and take it underneath the map....and fire up from under the map at other people.:lol:

Posted Image

#1977 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

All I remember from GTAIV online was the swing glitch LOL! Me and my buddy would take a bunch of random cars and stuff there and make em fly all over the map or he would stand on top of the car and go flying and splatter into a building. Hilarious stuff, but it would get boring after a while. I hope the multiplayer modes other than free roam can hold my interest.

#1978 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

A few friends and I will routinely play for 3-4 hours a night and try to find glitches to mess around with. Probably the most interesting one is a certain building in Alderney where you can slam a chopper into the roof and take it underneath the map....and fire up from under the map at other people.:lol:

Made me laugh just imagining it!
There was a glitch in resistance 2 MP where guys would somehow get into buliding you normally can't and shot gun your ass as you went around the busy corner. It used to piss me off... but I would've laughed my ass off if I was in there!

#1979 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:39 AM

All I remember from GTAIV online was the swing glitch LOL! Me and my buddy would take a bunch of random cars and stuff there and make em fly all over the map or he would stand on top of the car and go flying and splatter into a building. Hilarious stuff, but it would get boring after a while. I hope the multiplayer modes other than free roam can hold my interest.

In Episodes you have a reloadable/reusable parachute(like in Just Cause 2, if you've ever played that game), so you can now base jump from whatever high buildings you see in the game. If you can get to the top of the building, you can base jump off of it.;)

That also makes for more fun when doing the swingset glitch, since now you can bail out of your flying car and parachute to safety.:D

Made me laugh just imagining it!
There was a glitch in resistance 2 MP where guys would somehow get into buliding you normally can't and shot gun your ass as you went around the busy corner. It used to piss me off... but I would've laughed my ass off if I was in there!

I've learned how to fly a chopper under the map now and I can get up inside buildings you normally can't in the game. I sat in the one building the one night for like 45 minutes waiting for some random griefer to come by trying to shoot me while I was inside the building.

So one finally comes by and starts trying to shoot me with a shotgun. I whip out my RPG and blast him to kingdom come and sit there laughing for the next couple of minutes.;)

Posted Image

#1980 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

I'll remember that next time I play. I really don't care about K/D ratio. I just wanna run around a shoot things.

Now Playing: