Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

• Please log in to reply
8178 replies to this topic

#2071 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

Mvc3 for $34.99? Decisions decisions...

You can Get mvc 3 used at family video's site for 19.99
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#2072 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

Please get Mafia 2 if you were at all interested in the first one or you like those kind of games/films. I got it from the Amazon holiday sale last year for $12.50 and I just got around to playing it a few days ago. Took me about 14 hours to beat it but it was completely worth it. Without revealing any spoilers, great storyline, pretty good gameplay, and a pretty awesome environment. Definitely worth atleast $15 but you will probably end up getting it cheaper than that. Hope I convinced you!! :D

I'm a huge sucker for Mafia movies and I really liked the first game so when I found out this was finally coming out 8 YEARS after the first game I got kind of excited. I played the demo and everything on my 360 and it seems solid, but last year when it came out I decided to hold out on it since I had school and everything. Now though from the looks of it the reviews are all pointing to a really short game. I don't mind this so much as long as the experience is awesome, but it has to be at the right price.

I've always told myself these kinds of short (but awesome) games are only worth about 15$ and under but seeing as how I can get a 15$ game with it, it kind of intrigues me. I'll see what my BBVs have in stock this weekend and maybe I can get away with a copy.

#2073 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

I'm waiting for a cheap used platinum hits copy of mafia 2 for 360 since the platinum/greatest hits version of mafia 2 for both consoles comes with the dlc. Can Whoever has played the ps3 version tell me if that version is as butchered as the reviews say ? Cause if not, I can get that one if I can't find a 360 one
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#2074 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

So I guess we don't have a cohesive list of what's dropped since the last sale? Or a list of some of the newer games that are just over $15 (like DR 2)?

If so sorry, if not somebody get crackin! (j/k...well sort of)

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#2075 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hmmm... I want to flip two copies of SMG2 to Amazon for $30 each, keeping the two $14.99 games that I would get free on each transaction. But the condition of Wii games from BBV is hit or miss, and Amazon is fairly strict, so I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.

I'll lock in my price now though.

#2076 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hmmm... I want to flip two copies of SMG2 to Amazon for $30 each, keeping the two $14.99 games that I would get free on each transaction. But the condition of Wii games from BBV is hit or miss, and Amazon is fairly strict, so I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.

I'll lock in my price now though.

You stole my idea lol, but insteed I'm going to flip both galaxy copys and two force unleashed 2 copys for a total of 88 $ ! That's a preorder and a half basically.
Currently playing

690739.png

#2077 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

So I guess we don't have a cohesive list of what's dropped since the last sale? Or a list of some of the newer games that are just over $15 (like DR 2)?

If so sorry, if not somebody get crackin! (j/k...well sort of)

It's been done. Read back a few pages or a few more.

#2078 daminion

daminion

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

You stole my idea lol, but insteed I'm going to flip both galaxy copys and two force unleashed 2 copys for a total of 88 $ ! That's a preorder and a half basically.

Barely worth the effort.

Worse if Amazon says your "good" condition mario's are actually "acceptable" and you only get $21 / copy.

Now you're going to be lucky to break even.

#2079 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

Barely worth the effort.

Worse if Amazon says your "good" condition mario's are actually "acceptable" and you only get $21 / copy.

Now you're going to be lucky to break even.

$88 for $50 or so isn't shabby.

#2080 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

The selection at my local BBV sucks. It's never been this bad. But I did get a free movie rental...

#2081 daminion

daminion

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

$88 for $50 or so isn't shabby.

Your forgetting tax. Plus the chance that your good condition games may only be accepted as acceptable and if that's the case ( which for rentals of smg2 is likely) your just breaking even.

#2082 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:17 AM

I dont see why a used game will be deemed as acceptable if you include the manual and cover art along with a working disc. Amazon is messing around with accessories and consoles but its unlikely they'll mess around with used games. Even with tax it will make it say $88 for ~$53, which isnt great but not bad at all.

#2083 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:20 AM

Your forgetting tax. Plus the chance that your good condition games may only be accepted as acceptable and if that's the case ( which for rentals of smg2 is likely) your just breaking even.

All the games I've traded in have been excepted as good condition for max value, I make Sure of that. The thing with my idea is that I'm turning my game preorder money into amazon gift card money to keep it separate from my debit card ( don't wanna end up spending my preorder money on something else so that's why I'm separating it ) I was going to buy a 50 dollar amazon card on Thursday but I saw this deal and decided to use the 50 dollars on the galaxy games to get 88 insteed of just sticking with the 50, instant profit for me
Currently playing

690739.png

#2084 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:20 AM

I dont see why a used game will be deemed as acceptable if you include the manual and cover art along with a working disc. Amazon is messing around with accessories and consoles but its unlikely they'll mess around with used games. Even with tax it will make it say $88 for ~$53, which isnt great but not bad at all.

I wish you luck.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#2085 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

For those interested, these are the price drops since the last sale:

DS:
call of duty 4: modern warfare $9.99
chaotic $4.99
kingdom hearts re coded $14.99
legend of zelda phantom hourglass $9.99
simanimals $6.99
zubo $4.99

PS3:
bond quantum of solace $9.99
enemy territory $9.99
iron man 2 $9.99
lair $6.99
LBP $14.99
medal of honor $14.99
mlb 2k9 $6.99
motor storm $6.99
nhl 2k9 $4.99
skate $6.99
SWFU II $14.99
SSF IV $14.99
uncharted 2 $14.99
wanted $9.99

Xbox 360:
ben 10 alien force $6.99
command and conquer 3 $6.99
ff XIII $14.99
golden axe $6.99
guitar hero 3 $4.99
guitar hero 5 $9.99
guitar hero world tour $4.99
lego harry potter yrs 1-4 $14.99
lost planet $6.99
medal of honor $14.99
ninety nine nights 2 $14.99
overlord 2 $6.99
prince of persia $6.99
rockband $4.99
rockband 2 $6.99
star ocean last hope $6.99
SWFU II $14.99
super street fighter $14.99
transformers revenge $9.99
wwe smackdown 10 $9.99

Wii:
all star cheer squad $4.99
animal crossing city $9.99
battalion wars2 $9.99
bigs $6.99
blazing angels squadron $9.99
boom blox bash party $6.99
carnival games mini golf $6.99
crash mind over mutant $9.99
destroy all humans $6.99
drawn to life $6.99
guitar hero metallica $6.99
medal of honor vanguard $9.99
metroid prime 3 corruption $9.99
monopoly $14.99
prince of persia rival swords $9.99
rabbids go home $9.99
rayman raving rabbids $6.99
scooby doo first frights $6.99
star wars clone wars $6.99
star wars force unleashed $6.99
top spin 3 $4.99
wii music $6.99

Ah there we go! Got lost in all the people speculating/arguing over what the new promo terms meant! Although I think we can add Transformers WFC, right?

233526.png

#2086 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

...You might want to check the official Amazon trade-in thread. I imagine if you start from the beginning (or anywhere before the last 5-10 pages or so), you will see a lot of examples of when the trade-in service decides to be very picky.

#2087 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:36 AM

...You might want to check the official Amazon trade-in thread. I imagine if you start from the beginning (or anywhere before the last 5-10 pages or so), you will see a lot of examples of when the trade-in service decides to be very picky.

I wish you luck.

haha.I wont be flipping anything this holiday. As I said earlier a majority of the Amazon complaints have been on controllers, consoles TIV's. There have been a few disc cracked complaints but I think it is rare that they'll say your game is "acceptable" if you submit cover art, manual + working disc. Anyway, all I was saying is a potential $35 profit on $50 odd spent isnt bad.

#2088 kingsnuff

kingsnuff

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:48 AM

You can Get mvc 3 used at family video's site for 19.99

thnx dude
121056.png
Preorders: :xb1: Destiny :xb1: Forza Horizon 2 :xb1: The Evil Within :xb1: Farcry 4 :xb1: The Division[/size]

Anyone know a sure-fire way to exploit this? Should I simply make more Kongregate accounts using different emails to get more codes or should I delete and re-download the app as well?

The moment I realized CAG was entirely different monster than it was in 2011

#2089 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:52 AM

I hope none of you folks hoping to flip games are anywhere near my area lol I actually wanna buy some of these games to play em and not to make a profit off them.

#2090 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:55 AM

I hope none of you folks hoping to flip games are anywhere near my area lol I actually wanna buy some of these games to play em and not to make a profit off them.

I feel none of these games are really worth the effort to flip currently.

I will personally be going out for Uncharted 2 and SWFUII. Also, here is to hoping that Dead Rising 2 drops so I can get myself and a friend to co-op with a copy of the game!

#2091 io

io

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:07 AM

If you can't find something Friday don't instantly blame flippers though. For example, I know (via computer stock check) that Uncharted 2 is already OOS (or more likely never in stock) at every BBV near me.

#2092 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

If you can't find something Friday don't instantly blame flippers though. For example, I know (via computer stock check) that Uncharted 2 is already OOS (or more likely never in stock) at every BBV near me.

No, I know not to instantly blame anyone, I just know from what people have posted in the past that some of us here (most likely lurkers) go in and grab whatever's worth anything and leave the stock completely depleted. I'm not expecting much during the sale but I do have a few games in mind that I wouldn't mind having in my possession and if I walk into a BBV and find absolutely nothing there I think we can all guess what happened.

I feel none of these games are really worth the effort to flip currently.

I will personally be going out for Uncharted 2 and SWFUII. Also, here is to hoping that Dead Rising 2 drops so I can get myself and a friend to co-op with a copy of the game!

Same here on SWTFUII, and since the 20$ games work with the sale I'll grab it with a copy of Dead Rising 2 or Mafia II depending on what they have. I'm not expecting much but I hope there's at least a couple of good games to have.

I don't think anything's worth flipping either. GS won't give you anything for your games and Best Buy's trade in values are pretty much on par with breaking even if you trade these games in. Given that tax is included in the sale I think most of us would lose out if we tried to flip. The only people hoping to flip here are the guys that are 1. getting MANY copies (which is why I hope there aren't any hoarders in my area) and 2. going the online route, which is much harder to sell games that way.

I think the best thing for all of us here is to just grab what we want to actually play at a decent price and stop worrying about making a buck off this. We're not running businesses here, we're just gamers lol.

#2093 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

has castlevania ecclesia (ds) dropped to $14.99 or lower since these sales began? it is not in the op but i know these sales have been going on for quite a bit longer.

#2094 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:12 AM

It'd be nice if BBV's website was a little friendlier in checking their used game prices or whether the games are in stock at certain stores. Anyone know if this is possible?

#2095 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

It'd be nice if BBV's website was a little friendlier in checking their used game prices or whether the games are in stock at certain stores. Anyone know if this is possible?

BBV employees can check the stock and prices at their computer. Additionally, they can see the stock for a limited number of nearby stores. Spend some time with your friendly BBV employees.

#2096 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

haha.I wont be flipping anything this holiday. As I said earlier a majority of the Amazon complaints have been on controllers, consoles TIV's. There have been a few disc cracked complaints but I think it is rare that they'll say your game is "acceptable" if you submit cover art, manual + working disc. Anyway, all I was saying is a potential $35 profit on $50 odd spent isnt bad.

Before the two different condition tiers I've had games completely denied because the cover art was sun-faded, and because another game had some numbers written on the back that I forgot to scrub off (yes, two BBV purchases). Dig a little deeper and you'll find tons of similar stories. They are probably more lenient now with the two tiers but don't be surprised when you don't get full credit or even a return.

233526.png

#2097 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

I'm not expecting much during the sale but I do have a few games in mind that I wouldn't mind having in my possession and if I walk into a BBV and find absolutely nothing there I think we can all guess what happened.

Yeah - the store probably didn't have shit in the first place - like my store which has 3 copies of Rock Revolution that I traded in and 50 copies of Fallout:NV... Oh - you meant flippers... Yeah. Keep believing that.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#2098 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

Is a B1G1 confirmed for Friday???
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#2099 daminion

daminion

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

Is a B1G1 confirmed for Friday???

no

#2100 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

Hawaii Boy kept us updated on these things back in the day.
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!