36 replies to this topic

#1 edh1017

edh1017

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

Sold by Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B000E991PC/

Edited by edh1017, 24 May 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#2 rivals

rivals

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for this, just ordered.

#3 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Good deal. Better than the Wii version (though you wouldn't think so at first).

#4 wasurenai

wasurenai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Glorious.

#5 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

buy this game!

#6 Tsukinikawatte

Tsukinikawatte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

I wonder if it's GH or not. I have it on wii, but i liked it alot.
Items from the other man in Japan! dv8CAG.com
Posted Image

#7 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

Okami is in Greatest Hits, and it's sold by Amazon (so newer stock), so, yes, expect a big red label.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_Hits_%28budget_range%29

Better than the Wii version (though you wouldn't think so at first).

That's the eternal debate; I don't have an opinion. :D

PS2: More "water colored" look, use buttons for attacking instead of Wiimote waggle.
Wii: More saturated/brighter colors, 16x9/480p video, Wiimote painting (good idea, but buggy), all cutscenes skippable.

I was thinking not even an hour ago "I need to play through my copy of Okami". Creepy. :D

cagSig.png515886.png

#8 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

gamesradar has been yelling at me for years to play this game. so I think I'll finally get it.

#9 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

Paid full price for the PS2 version of this amazing game, and don't regret a penny of it--I had 40+ hours into it by the time I was done, and I was sad when it was over. So pathetic that so many gamers have never touched this one, despite the fact that it's in the same genre as Zelda, but better.

Oh, and to throw my two cents in on the PS2 vs. Wii version mini debate: yes, the Wii port looks slightly better and has 480p support, but the paint-brush mechanic feels and works much better on the PS2's analog stick, and that alone is worth the slightly inferior visuals.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again: Gamers don't let other gamers miss out on Okami. Get it.

R.I.P. Clover Studios, you'll go down as one of the best Japanese developers ever.

#10 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

I'm still hoping they release an HD version for the PS3/360. I know Capcom said they wouldn't rule it out and it depended on the success of okamiden.

#11 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

In for one. Thanks OP.
----
Posted Image

#12 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

I liked the wii version, seems like it was made for that control scheme over a dualshock
Posted Image

#13 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

Okami is in Greatest Hits, and it's sold by Amazon (so newer stock), so, yes, expect a big red label.

http://en.wikipedia...._(budget_range)

That's the eternal debate; I don't have an opinion. :D

PS2: More "water colored" look, use buttons for attacking instead of Wiimote waggle.
Wii: More saturated/brighter colors, 16x9/480p video, Wiimote painting (good idea, but buggy), all cutscenes skippable.

I was thinking not even an hour ago "I need to play through my copy of Okami". Creepy. :D

is the wii version TRUE 16:9? I know a lot of ps2 games that claim to be 16:9 really just crop the image. Is the wii 16:9 actually 16:9 or just cropped junk?

i loved this game btw, and did buy the wii version too, but havent opened it. If the attacks really are wiimote waggle controlled then that really sucks =( i hate that junk

#14 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

Thanks so much OP! Seriously right in time. Ordered this yesterday for around 20. Was in shipping soon phase. Was able to get onto live chat right now and get a price adjustment.

Just traded in my Wii version last week for 10 bucks to trade for this and now I essentially made the trade for 99 cents. =]

#15 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

Capcom needs to release this game on XBL and PS3. Let us skip movies, update game for HD resolution TVs, and add in optional PS Move and Kinect support :lol:

#16 Tsukinikawatte

Tsukinikawatte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

is the wii version TRUE 16:9? I know a lot of ps2 games that claim to be 16:9 really just crop the image. Is the wii 16:9 actually 16:9 or just cropped junk?

i loved this game btw, and did buy the wii version too, but havent opened it. If the attacks really are wiimote waggle controlled then that really sucks =( i hate that junk

The one i had does 16:9 in options, but then depending on the tv or computer monitor you have to change that. Like on my computer monitor i had it hooked up with component cables and had to do fit to screen.
Items from the other man in Japan! dv8CAG.com
Posted Image

#17 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

It is almost a near certainty that it will be a greatest hits version....I bought it from amazon about month ago when it was around $15 and I got a greatest hits version.

#18 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

I played the Wii version last year and loved it. Ended up being my second favorite game of last year.

Wii controls are a better fit for the painting mechanic, but it can be quite finicky. Jerking the navigation controller around to roll is near useless too. Luckily, it isn't really necessary for this game.

#19 VALikimlav

VALikimlav

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

I was looking at this the other day and almost bought it. Glad I waited.

#20 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

The Wii version is vibrant and beautiful in all it's 16:9 480p glory. The controls can be finicky at times, but I'd say the world and story presented is more suited for the vibrant color on the Wii vs. the washed out look of the original.

That being said, it's Okami, you can't go wrong with either version.

BTW, I read through a bunch of the lower reviews on Amazon and I have to say... :lol: People are stupid.

#21 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

Too bad this is greatest hits. Would be awesome if it was the original!

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#22 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:52 PM

wish i had a ps2, or the wii version would go to $10. never got to complete it cuz i sold my ps2. haven't bought it again cuz i was 40+ hours into it & don't want to replay all that (i play games at a snails pace, so probably half way through it).

great find, OP.

#23 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:42 AM

No Wii game is true 16:9 because no Wii outputs a 16:9 signal. It expands the visibility, yes, but it's outputting a smooshed 4:3 signal and relying on you to use your TV's "Stretch Mode" to fill the screen. It's a shame, because you don't gain any resolution, it actually creates an even blurrier image (which was already blurry, being 480p).

#24 SleepDebt

SleepDebt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

greatest hits or not, I always wanted this game but can't find any around. In for one, thanks op.

#25 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:05 AM

I'm playing it on Wii right now. This game is steadily racing into my top 10 of all time. Everything about it is simply "fantastic".

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#26 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:26 AM

I loved this game when it first came out. Clover team did great work with this title and viewtiful Joe. Now they are called platinum games and still not getting the recognition sales wise they deserve.

#27 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:44 AM

At least Viewtiful Joe and Okami got love in MvC3! : D Maybe some of the more mainstream gamers will pick up either series now.

Also, I have the PS2 version and I love it, really hate the sound of the forced Wiimote waggle (though you would think paintbrushing would be more suited to the Wiimote, it's a shame this can't use the Motion+), so I would recommend the PS2 version until it comes out on PSN/XBLA (which'll make it look prettier like the Wii version with the addition of PSMove support?!?!?!?).

I can't even imagine this game working with Kinect, rofl.

#28 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:45 AM

I remember playing this game and about a few hours in realizing
Spoiler
the anger that ensued...omg. honestly the game looks beautiful and is an amazing concept, but in actuality, playing it. tedious and annoying.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#29 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

One of my favorite games on the PS2.

#30 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

I'm a huge Wii fanboy, but I would recomend the PS2 version. The IR controls work great for the painting sequences, but the combat takes a severe blow, playing with the sword was near impossible for me so I had to use the beads for the entire game. I like motion controls, but I think they did a poor job at implementing them in this game, the Wii version felt like a rushed port. This would have worked perfect for the Wii's control scheme, but the motion controls are too loose, get the PS2 version.