Photo
- - - - -

GGT #114 Can't Wait For The Flood Of New Kinect Games at E3!!

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#421 SinOfHeart

SinOfHeart

Teddie's #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

This is all true, but none of it is particularly relevant when you're actually recruiting her. That's all stuff you pick up after the fact. The only thing you know when you get her is that she seems crazy.

Spoiler

I don't know that I would say I thought she was crazy, perhaps extremely pious, but having visions in a game that is in a setting with magic, doesn't seem all that far fetched to me. Plus, again it was interesting for me to find out why she believed she had been given a vision from the Maker.

Uh, Zevran
Spoiler

662978.pngTeddie_Swimsuit_Sig.jpg
sig.gif

#422 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

Crotch, if life was Dragon Age and that was a speech then you just got yourself a permanent position in my party.

D'aww. <3. I guess I need to start min/maxing now. Shame I didn't do any of that in the first 21 years of my life. I'm... kinda spec'ed to be a blood mage right now, maybe? Strength's not bad, but it's not a stand-out stat, so I should stay away from two-handers. My dex is definitely be too low to be a rogue, and willpower and endurance are quite funny - see, I've always

WARNING: CROTCH IS ABOUT TO TALK ABOUT HOW STATS RELATE TO CHARACTER AND PERSONALITY IN RPGS. THIS IS A REALLY FUCKING BORING WALL OF TEXT. DIVERT HIS ATTENTION. DIVERT HIS ATTENTION. DIVE

I hate both Kaiden and Ashley, though. I also don't think Morrigan was ever a mean person, it seemed more like she was just brought up that way, but deep down she really did love your character and just wanted to be nice. It was Flemeth's teachings and her lonely upbringing that made her realllly distrustful of all people (authority figures, especially) but after you let her know that her mother was wrong she really establishes that she's a nice person.

Well, I read her like this: much like I have "always plays protoss in Starcraft" as part of my identity, Morrigan has "does not want friends" as part of her identity, built up over many years. And just as I occasionally wonder what playing terran would be like, she too thinks about friendship - but decides against it, because ultimately, she really doesn't want it. When (if) you come along and challenge that, she reacts with her usual hostility, a defence mechanism she created unconsciously to help her resist temptation (I should get around to creating a defence mechanism to keep me from playing terran). Temptation becomes too great, defence mechanism fails, self-image changes, self changes.

I will never play terran, though.

I don't know that I would say I thought she was crazy, perhaps extremely pious, but having visions in a game that is in a setting with magic, doesn't seem all that far fetched to me. Plus, again it was interesting for me to find out why she believed she had been given a vision from the Maker.

Eh... I dunno. It's an established part of lore that the Maker doesn't talk to people. Like, that's what the entire church is built around. The one time the Maker talked to someone. Leliana's claim that the Maker talked to her... well, it's about equivalent to claiming to be the Messiah. I would not bring someone claiming to be the Messiah with me if I was trying to save the world from an unspeakable abomination.

Spoiler

Uh, Zevran

Spoiler

Spoiler

So, to ihadFG: yes.

Posted Image

#423 SinOfHeart

SinOfHeart

Teddie's #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

Eh... I dunno. It's an established part of lore that the Maker doesn't talk to people. Like, that's what the entire church is built around. The one time the Maker talked to someone. Leliana's claim that the Maker talked to her... well, it's about equivalent to claiming to be the Messiah. I would not bring someone claiming to be the Messiah with me if I was trying to save the world from an unspeakable abomination.

By your previous admission about how you don't know much about Leliana at that point in the game you probably don't know much about the church either. Also, if you happen to have Leliana in your party for the Urn of Sacred Ashes part of the game you would have learned:
Spoiler

Again it comes down to whether she really saw something or not, but she seems very convinced she did, which is what leads me to believe perhaps what she saw wasn't the Maker but something in the Fade giving her a vision.

sig.gif

#424 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

Oh silly me, I'd forgotten all about that. I'm glad to know it's still on your mind though.

I tend to remember people who run from a challenge.

#425 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

How long have you played DKCR? Because at first it seemed a bit weird, but I got used to the controls after playing it a bit.

I'm on the 4th world. I'm starting to get used to it, but the shake=attack still isn't clicking.

#426 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

By your previous admission about how you don't know much about Leliana at that point in the game you probably don't know much about the church either.

But your character does (Origin story dependant, naturally - if they even believe in the Maker.).

And you can too, if you read the right codex entries (I think. It's been a little while, but I believe you get a decent run-down of the church in the noble and mage origins, at the very least.).

(This post has a lot of parenthesis.)

Spoiler

EDIT: And now it has an "EDIT:".

Again it comes down to whether she really saw something or not, but she seems very convinced she did, which is what leads me to believe perhaps what she saw wasn't the Maker but something in the Fade giving her a vision.

That's even worse! She's got a fucking pride demon after her!

Posted Image

#427 SinOfHeart

SinOfHeart

Teddie's #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:32 PM

Admittedly I've never opened the Codex once in ME or DA. I went with what my gut told me, and that was that she wasn't crazy.

sig.gif

#428 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

I can not blame you for DAO, at least.

Horrible, horrible codex.

Posted Image

#429 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:36 PM

I can't quite put my finger on it, but the controls in DKCR don't feel right.

I couldn't stand it. If they just let you use a classic controller, I think I would have loved the game.

#430 SinOfHeart

SinOfHeart

Teddie's #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

That's even worse! She's got a fucking pride demon after her!

Not everything in the Fade is a demon, see Wynne.

sig.gif

#431 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:41 PM

Non-demons reaching out to mortals is an extreme rarity. So says Wynne (who, if she's smart, should be very worried that she's got a nasty case of pride demon abomination all up ins). And the codex. And Justice, a Fade creature who isn't a demon. They just don't give a Fuck about us (Wynne excluded, for unknown reasons).

It's feasible, much in the same way Tempest beating Flash in a best-of-seven if feasible (or feasible like anyone but kainzero and Darren understanding that reference is feasible).

Posted Image

#432 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

Jesus christ what the Fuck are you all talking about now
Posted Image

where scoob

#433 SinOfHeart

SinOfHeart

Teddie's #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:46 PM

Jesus christ what the Fuck are you all talking about now

Adult things, we'll explain them to you when you're older.

sig.gif

#434 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:52 PM

Shit man, I've had, like, two and a half pages to go on about this shit. What a baller way to close out a GGT.

Posted Image

#435 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

For me, my dislike of Leliana came from a lot of things she said. The "Maker talked to me" bit was only part of it. She just seemed loopy to me, and not in a cute way. I was also not a fan of the Chantry at all, seeing as how they commited acts I considered to be evil, so Leliana being part of the Chantry didn't add anything to my opinion of her.

I tend to remember people who run from a challenge.

It's nice to know I'll be in your thoughts. This one has gotten more mileage than I expected.

#436 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:06 AM

It's nice to know I'll be in your thoughts. This one has gotten more mileage than I expected.

It just may not be in the way you expected.

#437 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:36 AM

Some douche just posted LA Noire spoilers in the deals forum as a post titled "LA Noire 19.99 at Best Buy not YMMV"

#438 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

Some douche just posted LA Noire spoilers in the deals forum as a post titled "LA Noire 19.99 at Best Buy not YMMV"

Did he get banned?

#439 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

Did he get banned?

Right after he posted the ending as the topic title for a new topic. Glad I wasn't interested in that game at all.

#440 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

and this is why I barely spend any time in the deals section anymore

#441 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

Glad I didn't see it. I'm on the last few cases now.

#442 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:16 AM

Glad I didn't see it. I'm on the last few cases now.

Oh really? Better beat it soon then.

Spoiler

#443 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:37 AM

Dead Space Extraction is getting boring only three chapters left though I guess. Pretty damn close to the end of Persona 3 too.
Posted Image

where scoob

#444 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:51 AM

Anyone want to play some Reach or :ps3: Mortal Kombat? I can't seem to play more than a level or two at a time in Lara Croft: Guardian of Light

#445 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

Well, I read her like this: much like I have "always plays protoss in Starcraft" as part of my identity, Morrigan has "does not want friends" as part of her identity, built up over many years. And just as I occasionally wonder what playing terran would be like, she too thinks about friendship - but decides against it, because ultimately, she really doesn't want it. When (if) you come along and challenge that, she reacts with her usual hostility, a defence mechanism she created unconsciously to help her resist temptation (I should get around to creating a defence mechanism to keep me from playing terran). Temptation becomes too great, defence mechanism fails, self-image changes, self changes.

I will never play terran, though.

Spoiler

I guess I could see Morrigan like that, except in our romance she clearly DID NOT want to spend more time with me after I
Spoiler
She took a major stand on that, every time I went to her and was like, "Honey, Let's spend some time together" She was like "Nope, Flo's in town biiiiitch and it's high tide". If she really never wanted friends or wanted to stay mean, I'm sure she would have. Just like she wouldn't have let me in
Spoiler

I agree with what you said about Zevran. I don't know how anyone got him to not like them though. Dude was sweet on me bad, I even accidently fucked him.

Non-demons reaching out to mortals is an extreme rarity. So says Wynne (who, if she's smart, should be very worried that she's got a nasty case of pride demon abomination all up ins). And the codex. And Justice, a Fade creature who isn't a demon. They just don't give a Fuck about us (Wynne excluded, for unknown reasons).

It's feasible, much in the same way Tempest beating Flash in a best-of-seven if feasible (or feasible like anyone but kainzero and Darren understanding that reference is feasible).

Though I pretended to be nice to Wynne, I really wanted the demon to take over her so I could kill her. She always disagree with my shit.

Huh, I wonder if it was the same dude that spoiled Heavy Rain? I know Cheapy supposedly IP banned him, but that's a similar tactic to what that guy used.

#446 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:03 AM

Wynne was like bizarro-Kreia from Knights of the Old Republic 2. Always going on about some philosophical bullshit and wanting me to be all, "Wow, old person, you're so wise!"

Had some good banter with Alistair, though.

Posted Image

#447 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:09 AM

This can't be a real thread SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
Posted Image

where scoob

#448 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:18 AM

This can't be a real thread SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

What you don't play video games?

#449 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:31 AM

Wynne was like bizarro-Kreia from Knights of the Old Republic 2. Always going on about some philosophical bullshit and wanting me to be all, "Wow, old person, you're so wise!"

Had some good banter with Alistair, though.

YES! Man, they really had me cracking up when she kept telling Alistair she wanted to
Spoiler
and he was all like, ewwwww.

#450 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:50 AM

HAHAHAHA Uraizen is a funny man.

Posted Image

WTF is itunes dlc on Steam?