RULES - Please Read Before Posting/Participating

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Black Ops

Mr. Black Ops

Keep it Lowkey!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

If i had a lowball and certain ppl received an invoice but didnt end up paying for the item is it ok to leave bad feedback?

#32 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

If i had a lowball and certain ppl received an invoice but didnt end up paying for the item is it ok to leave bad feedback?

Quoting a response that I had made earlier in the thread that may be related as I do not know the process you have already gone through to this point.

Without a timeframe in your lowball, you will have to PM them. Give them a fair amount of time in order to respond, say 4-5 days. If you do not hear from them, you can send a "final warning" PM and, again, give them a fair amount of time to respond before taking action.

Basically, as long as the other party has had plenty of time and opportunity in order to fulfill their commitment, then yes, a negative is an option.

#33 Meremare

Meremare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

Why do lowbal auctions use red colors (and grey as well as purple) on a black background in the opening post? Any other color would make it easier to read what's being offered.

#34 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

Why do lowbal auctions use red colors (and grey as well as purple) on a black background in the opening post? Any other color would make it easier to read what's being offered.

Are you referring to the rules and such? As far as I know, there is no way to change the default of red under the spoilers. Am I wrong about that?

EDIT: Learn something new everyday! Turns out that you can edit the colors after it has been spoilered. It's only with no color specified that it defaults to red.
Thanks for the question! Looks like my lowballs will be a bit easier to read in the future.

#35 bitterbuffalo

bitterbuffalo

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

just posted my first lowball and have a quick query. Would i be allowed to cancel my lowball if it appears no one is interested after a few days? or would i have to wait until it ends?

#36 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

just posted my first lowball and have a quick query. Would i be allowed to cancel my lowball if it appears no one is interested after a few days? or would i have to wait until it ends?

If you have begun accepting bids, you need to continue.
If you have not received any bids, you can end it by cancelling the lowball and locking the thread.

Keep in mind that a slow start doesn't mean you won't have a good finish.

#37 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

What's a good shipping charge for my lowball? I'm not sure whats good shipping costs to charge someone...I don't want to lose too much cost of the shipping but I don't want to overcharge people either. If for one game or if someone won a handful of games..whats the cheapest and best way to ship them? Thanks.

These are the shipping costs I have running right now:

Shipping/Payment:
Normal games will be $3.50, $3.00 for each additional game. The steelbooks will be $4.00. Guides will be shipped via Media Mail to save money, so it will be $4.00. Due to the various sizes of some of these CE, it will be dependent on the size of the item. The system will be shipped in a padded priority box at $12.35, same as the Max Payne statue. I will also reimburse any extra shipping costs if I am over on my estimate to you. Sorry, only U.S. shipping. Payment should be made within the week (until March 3rd) of the lowball unless discussed about it private.

Edited by mr.Dobalina, 23 February 2013 - 06:10 AM.

If you got anything Metal Gear Solid related, shoot me a PM!

#38 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Shipping isn't a huge issue as long as it's posted clearly, which it is. You also state you will pay back overages, so I don't see any problem at all.

#39 Legendary Gokou

Legendary Gokou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

Wasn't sure where to ask this so I went with here. Is there a way to move lowballs that are finished/in the shipping phase so its easier to see which ones are currently ongoing? Really enjoy it but having to keep tabs on different ones is a bit tasking for me. Not complaining, just asking.

#40 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Wasn't sure where to ask this so I went with here. Is there a way to move lowballs that are finished/in the shipping phase so its easier to see which ones are currently ongoing? Really enjoy it but having to keep tabs on different ones is a bit tasking for me. Not complaining, just asking.

I don't imagine the mods would look forward to managing a subforum of a subforum. :lol:

People can, if they choose, lock a thread after they have shipped everything, but many leave them open until they are 100% complete.
Personally, I will typically lock m own after a majority of people have received, but the easiest way to keep track is just for people to have a title that makes it at least fairly clear if it is open, pending or over.

It's really up to the lowball owner though.

#41 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

I don't imagine the mods would look forward to managing a subforum of a subforum. :lol:

People can, if they choose, lock a thread after they have shipped everything, but many leave them open until they are 100% complete.
Personally, I will typically lock m own after a majority of people have received, but the easiest way to keep track is just for people to have a title that makes it at least fairly clear if it is open, pending or over.

What about adding either Live or Over in brackets at the beginning of the title to make it easier to distinguish?  Something like:

[LIVE] Most awesomest lowball evar!!11!

or 

[OVER] Invoices sent, shipping out, etc.

I'm also thinking of starting a lowball since I'm moving at the beginning of August and want to sell off some stuff.  Would people mind if I only updated 2-3 times a day?  I don't know how often I would be able to check the bids while at work so I would probably only check maybe once in the morning and twice after I got home.  

fs_overall.pngiZSbQwp.gif

#42 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

What about adding either Live or Over in brackets at the beginning of the title to make it easier to distinguish?  Something like:

or 

I'm also thinking of starting a lowball since I'm moving at the beginning of August and want to sell off some stuff.  Would people mind if I only updated 2-3 times a day?  I don't know how often I would be able to check the bids while at work so I would probably only check maybe once in the morning and twice after I got home.  

Hey there. The only problem with that is it still leaves us pretty much exactly where we are. If people don't remove the "[LIVE]" from their title, it would be even worse though.

At this point, we just have to hope people are a little better at managing their thread titles during and after an auction.

As for updating 2-3 times a day, I would say that the majority do about that. The constant updating isn't really a big issue outside the last day in most cases anyway.

#43 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

or 

That's a good suggestion. I will try it on my next lowball and see how it pans out.  Thanks! 

My Current Lowball Sale is CLOSED.  Rest easy and salivate for my follow-up next time! 

animePSP2.jpg

#44 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

Couldn't we get some moderator to manage the [LIVE] and [ENDED]/[OVER] prefixes? Honestly, this would make this forum so much more organized and would like help increase bids. It's very easy to miss lowballs in this clutter.

Also, I think [PENDING] would be a good prefix for lowballs under construction.

To be honest, I've missed out on bidding on some things just because it's such a mess. Is the point of this sub-forum not to help manage the lowballs? It's messy as hell right now. Let's get it organized!

#45 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

To touch on August point, I just was wondering if there could be an addition to the Lowball Rules that would include suggested lowball etiquette and other finer points concerning formating and potential keys to a successful lowball.

just thinking (dangergous at this point in the day) that some of these things might make those who haven't thrown one be able to keep it cleaner and efficient for buyer and seller alike (along with other people who are hosting at the same time).

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#46 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:12 AM

To touch on August point, I just was wondering if there could be an addition to the Lowball Rules that would include suggested lowball etiquette and other finer points concerning formating and potential keys to a successful lowball.

just thinking (dangergous at this point in the day) that some of these things might make those who haven't thrown one be able to keep it cleaner and efficient for buyer and seller alike (along with other people who are hosting at the same time).

What constitutes as a "sucessful" lowball is totally subjective to the individual host (and the respective bidders), and any etiquettes provided does not guaranteed a better turn-out.  I think the general rules and recommendations listed in the OP is suitable guidance and no further restrictions should be infringed.  As long as the host makes the rules clear and follow through with the sale, there should be no complaints.  I personally favor a consensus to properly label lowball headers as [LIVE] or [DEAD]  :rofl: , but this is just a suggestion to help clear the clutter. 

My Current Lowball Sale is CLOSED.  Rest easy and salivate for my follow-up next time! 

animePSP2.jpg

#47 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

What constitutes as a "sucessful" lowball is totally subjective to the individual host (and the respective bidders), and any etiquettes provided does not guaranteed a better turn-out.  I think the general rules and recommendations listed in the OP is suitable guidance and no further restrictions should be infringed.  As long as the host makes the rules clear and follow through with the sale, there should be no complaints.  I personally favor a consensus to properly label lowball headers as [LIVE] or [DEAD]  :rofl: , but this is just a suggestion to help clear the clutter. 

oh, I am not talking about restrictions or anything like that. In terms of successful I was implying without major problems for everyone involved. but it was just an idea. I look at a few of the ones going on right now, and its kind of a mess. why should a lowball topic encompass 2-3pages of group members figuring out what they need to do?

its whatever though, and as I said restrictions are not what I was getting at, merely suggestions to aid those who might want some advice. Its not an issue for all, but then again those who might benefit from it probably don't read the lowball rules section anyway.

the header idea, yea that should help out a bit though!

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#48 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

I concur. Group lowballs are a pain in the cheap@ss to organize and I'm sure not every participant will read the ground rules in the OP.  Hopefully, they will heed your suggestions.

animePSP2.jpg

#49 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

Can i get some help here, please.

To make it short: I'm being denied exact shipping in Gog's Lowball. I was promise in the OP if i were to win multiple items i would be entitle to exact shipping. Well, i won multiple items, to be more exact i won 9 items. However, Mr Gogeta, is going back on his word, he says, " The exact shipping is only for items that had exact shipping next to the item..." Which is true, but in the OP says this:

Shipping:

If you win one item, shipping is $3. Each additional item will be $1.50

*Multiple wins will cost Exact Shipping

No where under the rule it says only the items marked "exact shipping" will get exact shipping. It says what it says "Multiple items will cost exact shipping." So why am i being denied here my right of exact shipping.

You know i have no problem paying for shipping; however, if i'm being promise something i want it to be fulfill. 

Can i please get some feedback here. Am i wrong or right, here? 

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#50 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

Can i get some help here, please.

To make it short: I'm being denied exact shipping in Gog's Lowball. I was promise in the OP if i were to win multiple items i would be entitle to exact shipping. Well, i won multiple items, to be more exact i won 9 items. However, Mr Gogeta, is going back on his word, he says, " The exact shipping is only for items that had exact shipping next to the item..." Which is true, but in the OP says this:

No where under the rule it says only the items marked "exact shipping" will get exact shipping. It says what it says "Multiple items will cost exact shipping." So why am i being denied here my right of exact shipping.

You know i have no problem paying for shipping; however, if i'm being promise something i want it to be fulfill. 

Can i please get some feedback here. Am i wrong or right, here? 

the OP (created by gogunator {spelling?}) does state "multiple wins will be exact shipping"   however   gogeta does have several items specifically marked "exact shipping" whereas the majority of his items do not have this indication.

I see you both as having a valid point, considering the fact that the OP was created by a third party.

This is why shipping, and all other terms need to be clearly stated.

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#51 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

the OP (created by gogunator {spelling?}) does state "multiple wins will be exact shipping"   however   gogeta does have several items specifically marked "exact shipping" whereas the majority of his items do not have this indication.

I see you both as having a valid point, considering the fact that the OP was created by a third party.

This is why shipping, and all other terms need to be clearly stated.

The template for lowballs definitely doesn't say "*Multiple wins will cost Exact Shipping" so that was added by the OP, not a 3rd party unless he grabbed them from another lowball.

In any case, I had a look through the lowball and at first I thought maybe he had meant to say something about bundled lots being sold as a single unit will be exact shipping (i.e.the Game Gear) but then I see some individual items with exact shipping stated next to them as well.

If I were coming into the lowball for the first time, I would think those items could be purchased indivudally at exact shipping and, if I won more than one thing, I could also request exact shipping. It's a little misleading though with the "Each additional items will be..." posted as well.

I would recommend that both parties work together a little loner to come to a mutual agreement. I can't imagine that shipping on 9 items at $15 is going to be a huge difference compared to actual shipping, but you two should talk about that. 

#52 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

The template for lowballs definitely doesn't say "*Multiple wins will cost Exact Shipping" so that was added by the OP, not a 3rd party unless he grabbed them from another lowball.

In any case, I had a look through the lowball and at first I thought maybe he had meant to say something about bundled lots being sold as a single unit will be exact shipping (i.e.the Game Gear) but then I see some individual items with exact shipping stated next to them as well.

If I were coming into the lowball for the first time, I would think those items could be purchased indivudally at exact shipping and, if I won more than one thing, I could also request exact shipping. It's a little misleading though with the "Each additional items will be..." posted as well.

I would recommend that both parties work together a little loner to come to a mutual agreement. I can't imagine that shipping on 9 items at $15 is going to be a huge difference compared to actual shipping, but you two should talk about that. 

I believe I may need to explain my post a little as follows:

3rd party refered to Gogunator  the OP , runner of the lowball, Party C (he is not directly related to the transaction {the exchange of goods and / or services} )

Gogeta (the seller) and Noel Vermillion (the buyer) are the initial (party A and party B if you would like)

I believe the misunderstanding of my post comes from Noel saying Gog's lowball,      both party A and party C  could be referred to as "Gog"

color coded post in an attempt to bypass any possible confusion.

Edited by Kovorkian, 01 August 2013 - 02:03 AM.

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji