Portal 2 @ Amazon $39.99

[quote name='nohbdy']last week's deal when it was $29.99 was better.[/quote]

must have missed it. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been $40 at Amazon for a few weeks already. They never raised the price back to $60 after they put it on sale. Been like 4 threads about it over the past few weeks.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']It's been $52 or more for the last couple weeks and before that it was only dropped to this price for a temporary sale. What you been smokin?
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Portal-2-Xbox-360/product/B002I0J9M0[/QUOTE]

I been smoking some decent stuff. But I do frequent Amazon (like daily) and have seen that price consistently. No need to defend your thread, you just didn't know. Have a
great day!

Edit: Nice tool @ your link, could be very useful.

[quote name='icarusmight']I been smoking some decent stuff. But I do frequent Amazon (like daily) and have seen that price consistently. No need to defend your thread, you just didn't know. Have a
great day!

Edit: Nice tool @ your link, could be very useful.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I hope this helps people who needed it like me. Got my Amazon credit to spend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this is a deal relative to recent prices. I already have the game, but my hope is these quick price drops rub off on some other titles. LA Noire and Dirt 3 would be nice. :)

Uninformed people pissing on a thread that doesn't matter to them upsets me. Plus, I haven't had my vicodin yet. :cry:

Sorry if I have been too harsh. I probably have been. Sorry guys.

This is probably the most polished well thought out game I've ever played. I thoroughly enjoyed it and hated for it to end. I can't wait to play through the co-op part with a friend.

When was Portal 2 $30?

Portal 2 is more or less $40 everywhere, but that's still a good deal, imo.
TIV to GameStop is $20 (+50% for coupon/PUR bonus -> $30) so... even if you didn't like it, you only lose $10.

Also, I've heard the DLC will all be free (even for 360 : O), so there's that.

i think $30 was for the pc version, but I've seen $40 for consoles pretty much everywhere. heard the game was great, but i think i should wait

[quote name='juanawoman']Through the whole thread, I pictured Captain Picard talking angrily. :lol:[/QUOTE]

This guy kept showing up.

eralaaeawrtlbig.jpg

Portal on Amazon has been $39.99 or so for 3rd party sellers and NOT amazon. I have been looking everyday for this to drop. So the $39.99 that is being offered from Amazon is new since the last time they had it at this price.

As for the $29.99, that was for the PC version and not the 360, or PS3. I want this game but $29.99 is what I want to spend.

[quote name='S1LENT K1ILLA']Portal on Amazon has been $39.99 or so for 3rd party sellers and NOT amazon. I have been looking everyday for this to drop. So the $39.99 that is being offered from Amazon is new since the last time they had it at this price.

As for the $29.99, that was for the PC version and not the 360, or PS3. I want this game but $29.99 is what I want to spend.[/QUOTE]

Guess you didn't wanna bite for $35 @ K-mart the other week? :p

Considering the quality of this game, and how recently it was released (I'm sure they sold so many that they could afford a pre-emptive MSRP price-drop to $40), I don't expect it to hit $30 for another few months.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Guess you didn't wanna bite for $35 @ K-mart the other week? :p

Considering the quality of this game, and how recently it was released (I'm sure they sold so many that they could afford a pre-emptive MSRP price-drop to $40), I don't expect it to hit $30 for another few months.[/QUOTE]

I am disabled and cannot walk in stores like Kmart or Walmart so I am stuck with Amazon or trading to get my deals. Plus I am not an fan of Kmart in general so I usually will avoid them even if they offer free shipping

As for the price drop, Not in an huge hurry to get it since my backlog is huge so I can wait for an couple months.

[quote name='S1LENT K1ILLA']I am disabled and cannot walk in stores like Kmart or Walmart so I am stuck with Amazon or trading to get my deals. Plus I am not an fan of Kmart in general so I usually will avoid them even if they offer free shipping

As for the price drop, Not in an huge hurry to get it since my backlog is huge so I can wait for an couple months.[/QUOTE]

Your post made me sad. I suppose I won't even bother discussing alternatives, but you hate on K-mart despite the work Josh's done?

That's fair, I wonder if Portal 2 would hit $20 around Black Friday this year.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Your post made me sad. I suppose I won't even bother discussing alternatives, but you hate on K-mart despite the work Josh's done?

That's fair, I wonder if Portal 2 would hit $20 around Black Friday this year.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, Josh has done a great job making Kmart a real contender with all the other big boys but the reason I dislike Kmart is because the Employees/Managers that work at the few in my area are completely worthless and very rude. So I don't want to support an store if they don't care about any of their customers. Now this might not be all Kmarts but for me ALL of them in my area are horrible

I am hoping that it would be around that price for Black Friday. Starting in September I usually stop spending money and save for the deals so heres to hoping it will be as good as last year
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='S1LENT K1ILLA']Don't get me wrong, Josh has done a great job making Kmart a real contender with all the other big boys but the reason I dislike Kmart is because the Employees/Managers that work at the few in my area are completely worthless and very rude. So I don't want to support an store if they don't care about any of their customers. Now this might not be all Kmarts but for me ALL of them in my area are horrible

I am hoping that it would be around that price for Black Friday. Starting in September I usually stop spending money and save for the deals so heres to hoping it will be as good as last year
icon_smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

That's funny, I'm saving during the summer. >_>; But as much as I wanna jump all over all the great stuff coming out this winter, I'll probably wait 'till BF too. You're definitely right about most K-mart employees/managers, but the one I've always gone too has been rather friendly, I've even discussed deals with an employee I've seen a couple of times. I guess it's YMMV like everything else.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Just yesterday this was about $52 or $53 on Amazon. Great deal for those that haven't picked it up yet.[/QUOTE]

1244871700281.jpg

..What? Was that a reference to the It clown in their avatar? Or just some sort of knocking on their price-tracking?

Also Dave, I just noticed your sig's call to united Amazon price-matching, love it.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']..What? Was that a reference to the It clown in their avatar? Or just some sort of knocking on their price-tracking?

Also Dave, I just noticed your sig's call to united Amazon price-matching, love it.[/QUOTE]

Lol I tease smiley with that pic all the time. And thanks man!

[quote name='HeSaveDave']So get it now with no tax [/QUOTE]

I wish you'd stop saying that. Someone of us live in Washington state and pay 9% tax.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I wish you'd stop saying that. Someone of us live in Washington state and pay 9% tax.[/QUOTE]

....Or New York and pay over 8% tax

bread's done
Back