Photo
- - - - -

CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - SSFIV AE Games with Gold in June, Skullgirls Encore (free update) Out Now!

Street Fighter Marvel vs Capcom Mortal Kombat Injustice Blazblue King of Fighters

• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

#31 Kensei

Kensei

Modern Day Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:36 AM

I agree that you should be strong with all 3 of your characters. I used Haggar for a while but once your other teammates are down he's pretty useless. Akuma is a great assist and one of the best anchors in the game. I suggest trying some other characters and look for good DHC options. Team synergy is very important in this game.
Posted Image[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ciframe%20src=%22http://gamercard.xbox.com/Kurayami%20Kensei.card%22%20scrolling=%22no%22%20frameBorder=%220%22%20height=%22140%22%20width=%22204%22%3EKurayami%20Kensei.%3C/iframe%3E[/IMG]

#32 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:00 AM

Peeps should play vanilla SFIV with me, imbaness is so fun. Also, everyone playing now bought this game because like "lol 10 bucks sweet" and they never block.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#33 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:19 AM

I signed up on the spreadsheet. I'll be back in fighting shape by next week.

#34 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

I hope there was something that made sense in that rambling block of text.

EDIT: Eh, I hope that didn't come off as too preachy. I didn't mean it to be. Just my initial impressions.

I agree that you should be strong with all 3 of your characters. I used Haggar for a while but once your other teammates are down he's pretty useless. Akuma is a great assist and one of the best anchors in the game. I suggest trying some other characters and look for good DHC options. Team synergy is very important in this game.

I get everything you're saying Guardian. I think the reason I'm wanting to drop Doom is because I largely picked him up for the assist. He's a really solid character, but he just doesn't fit for me. I'm not very mobile with him and I can't Doom loop consistently. Like Kensei is saying, when it's down to Doom I just don't feel like I can do anything.

As far as mobility and rushing in, I do feel the most comfortable with Wolverine. I'm not quite there with Wesker yet as I feel I can do better with his mixups. Part of the reason I was leaning towards Akuma as a 3rd is he helps both characters, his tatsu assist can perform a similar function to what I was using Doom's beam for (cross-ups, make strings safe, pressure, etc.) with the added benefit of being able to extent combos for the other character. He can also do decent damage without the help of an assist, and most times when it's down to him - he has a decent amount of meter and has lots of ways to efficiently use it.

The only other option I'm considering is keeping the Wolv/Akuma pair and possibly putting Taskmaster in the middle. His horizontal arrow shot might be a better option to cover Wolverine getting in. I'll have to do some messing around in training to see what works.

#35 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

GGs last night to Shinobi, Guardian, Kensei, Old Rasputin, & Sinfulfate. Both in Marvel & BBCS. I think the new team in MVC3 is working out a lot better. I still need some adjusting, and I might still fine-tune it a little bit.

The highlight of the night was every single trolling attempt leading to a guaranteed loss by that person - Guardian & I being the main offenders. I'm so pissed I didn't save that BlazBlue replay.

Also...
Spoiler

#36 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

GGs last night to Shinobi, Guardian, Kensei, Old Rasputin, & Sinfulfate. Both in Marvel & BBCS. I think the new team in MVC3 is working out a lot better. I still need some adjusting, and I might still fine-tune it a little bit.

The highlight of the night was every single trolling attempt leading to a guaranteed loss by that person - Guardian & I being the main offenders. I'm so pissed I didn't save that BlazBlue replay.

Muuuhahaaahaaa. It never happened. ;)

Good games to everyone last night.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#37 Kensei

Kensei

Modern Day Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

Good games guys. I finally picked up the new BlazBlue. Don't know if it's a good idea learning another fighting game though. My Marvel play was so terrible yesterday after such a long lay off.
Posted Image[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ciframe%20src=%22http://gamercard.xbox.com/Kurayami%20Kensei.card%22%20scrolling=%22no%22%20frameBorder=%220%22%20height=%22140%22%20width=%22204%22%3EKurayami%20Kensei.%3C/iframe%3E[/IMG]

#38 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

GGs to Action Kazimer earlier today. Great Tron, she's really a problem lol.

Only a few more days until SSF4AE, get hype!

#39 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

Added myself to the list. I've been playing SSIV a lot recently in anticipation of AE, and I'm trying to work towards the C to Shining C achievement. I'm doing Makoto right now, but I fucking suck with her.

I also love Mortal Kombat and Marvel 3, and I have a ton of other fighting games as well. If you see me on and you want to play something, just shoot me a message!

#40 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

GGs to you too, Tom! Definitely stoked to play more with you guys.

I pulled 9th at that tourney I went to. Awful, but not nearly as bad as I'd feared. Got cheesed to death by an Astral Vision Morrigan spamming soulfists.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#41 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

Third Strike trailer...HYYYYPEEEE

GGPO Enabled
HD Filters
Youtube Uploads
Arcade perfect (whatever da Fuck that means)

#42 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

Damnit Joe, you beat me to it.

Comes out this summer, which is a lot sooner than I expected. I'm pretty stoked because while I've played it, I never really learned 3rd Strike. Day 1 purchase for me.

I added 3rd Strike Online to the CAG Fighter directory.
-----

So, SSF4AE session this Wednesday?

#43 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

Prep patch is up for AE. It says AE is available to buy, but this is obviously not the case. Will prolly be waking up at 3 am est to start dling it.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#44 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

is the lack of a psn logo meaningful? or am i overreacting?

UjCoyFa.png

#45 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:27 PM

is the lack of a psn logo meaningful? or am i overreacting?

I wouldn't worry. It's already been confirmed for PSN as well. The trailer that leaked was likely specifically for Microsoft's use.

#46 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:59 AM

Boxart

Posted Image

#47 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:35 AM

Boxart

Is it really boxart if it doesn't go on a box? :P

#48 AlphaPanda

AlphaPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:37 AM

Looooove me some Third Strike, even if I'm just plain balls at it. Any idea how much it'll cost?
Posted Image

Feel free to add me, CAGs. Could always use another bud to play something with.

#49 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:38 AM

Looooove me some Third Strike, even if I'm just plain balls at it. Any idea how much it'll cost?

I'd guess $15 bucks/1200 msp.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#50 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:22 AM

I'd guess $15 bucks/1200 msp.

Yep. Confirmed at this price.

#51 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:04 AM

Well, AE isn't up yet... :(
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#52 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

King of Fighters XIII has been confirmed for console release on October 25, 2011. Published by Atlus. Pretty sweet news, since there was a lot of speculation that SNK wouldn't be able to bring it over due to financial issues. I'll be getting it.

#53 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

King of Fighters XIII has been confirmed for console release on October 25, 2011. Published by Atlus. Pretty sweet news, since there was a lot of speculation that SNK wouldn't be able to bring it over due to financial issues. I'll be getting it.

. Do you have kofxii? I thought I've seen you playing on of the xbla titles.

#54 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

. Do you have kofxii? I thought I've seen you playing on of the xbla titles.

I played KoFXII briefly. It was a crude, unfinished mess. It didn't even have team fighting, and the two console exclusive characters were missing parts of their moveset. KoFXIII is going to be what KoFXII was supposed to be, so I have no issue with buying that.

I have KoF2002 Unlimited Match. It's a dream match game (meaning it's non-canon and includes a huge roster, whether it makes sense or not), and considered one of the better KoF's. I have fun with it, but no one else i know owns it, so there's little motivation to learn the game. Most of the KoF mechanics I know, I yanked from CvS2.

#55 Kensei

Kensei

Modern Day Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

I miss CvS2. I wish they would port it to xbla. I was gonna buy KoF 2002 but didn't know if anyone would be playing.

#56 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:17 AM

GGs, Guardian. Glad to get more Morrigan exposure. She's pretty much the bane of my existence. You've some nice moves!

Edited by ActionKazimer, 08 June 2011 - 02:09 PM.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#57 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:46 AM

Wait a second, are you guys telling me people play KOF games? :lol:

AE Lobby tomorrow night - who's down?

#58 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

GGs, Guardian. Glad to get more Morrigan exposure. She's pretty much the bane of my existence. You've some nice moves!

Good games, Kazimer. It's no secret to the people on here that Amaterasu is one of those characters that I dread fighting (along with Zero and Taskmaster). Got blown up by Tron assist more than I'd like to admit. :P Good stuff.

Wait a second, are you guys telling me people play KOF games? :lol:

AE Lobby tomorrow night - who's down?

"Play" is being generous. More like, I press buttons and wiggle the directions to look at characters do flashy moves and shout nonsensical jibberish. :P

Yun lobby indeed.

Edited by GuardianE, 08 June 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#59 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

Don't know why they had to make the twins so imba with 3S0 right around the corner. Needless to say, it gives me a better reason to pick Sagat :)
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#60 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

3rd Strike Online is going to have trials ala SF4/MVC3 and challenges. Guess what one of the challenges is?

http://www.eventhubs...ns-and-preview/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Blazblue, King of Fighters