Photo
- - - - -

CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - SSFIV AE Games with Gold in June, Skullgirls Encore (free update) Out Now!

Street Fighter Marvel vs Capcom Mortal Kombat Injustice Blazblue King of Fighters

• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

#721 Kensei

Kensei

Modern Day Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

I don't have a problem with the gems. Even the assist gems aren't that bad since they cost 1 meter each time they're activated.
Posted Image[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ciframe%20src=%22http://gamercard.xbox.com/Kurayami%20Kensei.card%22%20scrolling=%22no%22%20frameBorder=%220%22%20height=%22140%22%20width=%22204%22%3EKurayami%20Kensei.%3C/iframe%3E[/IMG]

#722 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

I dont think banning any gems is nesccessary, it's already part of the game mechanic and overall it's not even that noticeable, the most powerful ones have specific activations or have some sort of negative effect.

Any thoughts on a Team round robin or something involving teams?

In the case of any ties, we will resort to Scramble mode ;)

#723 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

Gourdian stole my team.

#724 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

GGs to Joe & bs over the weekend!

I don't have a problem with the gems. Even the assist gems aren't that bad since they cost 1 meter each time they're activated.

Assist gems are broken. It's easy to build meter in this game, especially with meter boost gems.

I dont think banning any gems is nesccessary, it's already part of the game mechanic and overall it's not even that noticeable, the most powerful ones have specific activations or have some sort of negative effect.

Any thoughts on a Team round robin or something involving teams?

I agree, most of the boost gems are pretty negligible. As I mentioned above, assist gems are straight up stupid.

Some of the DLC gems have lower activation requirements, or similar power-ups with no negative effect. That's why I mentioned the possibility of banning them.

Personally I'd be fine without gems. I think they're more trouble for what they're worth.

#725 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'm pretty indifferent to gems. I don't like them, and I don't dislike them. Frankly, I don't even know which gems are DLC and which aren't, and I haven't put a whole lot of thought into gem selection.

I think Tom has a point with the Assist gems. Considering that whiffing normals builds meter in this game, and the autotech/autoblock gems only use HALF a meter to activate, it completely negates mixups for a very small cost. And it's not as though you can't perform regular techs or blocks... and plenty of characters can do serious meterless damage.

That said, I don't think we're super competitive here or anything, and I don't think that we should necessarily ban any gems from our standard play. They become less of a liability the better defense you have as a player. Instead of it eating all of you and your partner's meter over and over, it occasionally saves your ass from a mix-up that would have led to 50% damage... I think that these gems should have cost at least a meter to activate.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#726 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

That's my big issue with assist gems. Let's say I'm Gief, if I have the autoblock & meter I can just walk forward & avoid mixups or pokes. So are we in favor of banning them?

Also, technology. Some of it is kind of basic, but I got a couple of good ideas from it in optimizing damage:

#727 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Thread title update :lol:.

GGs last night everyone! Taking a new character application now! Sticking with Gief for sure. I might go with Guardian's advice & try Marduk with Gief. I didn't want to since it's team Mike Ross, but he does hit pretty hard which is nice...

#728 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

I know this may not be the best place to post this, but I thought you'd be the most knowledgeable people to ask on CAG. I'm looking to get out of fighting games and sell my games and fightstick (I just can't devote the time to get good, or keep up with all the title updates). I have a first run, MadCatz Tournament Edition fightstick for X360. It's in really good shape, with all the fancy packaging in pristine condition. Does anybody have a feel if $150 would be a fair price?
Posted Image

#729 MangoRyu28

MangoRyu28

I just gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

I know this may not be the best place to post this, but I thought you'd be the most knowledgeable people to ask on CAG. I'm looking to get out of fighting games and sell my games and fightstick (I just can't devote the time to get good, or keep up with all the title updates). I have a first run, MadCatz Tournament Edition fightstick for X360. It's in really good shape, with all the fancy packaging in pristine condition. Does anybody have a feel if $150 would be a fair price?

Sounds about right. I wouldn't take less than $130. You can always check completed listings on Ebay to get an idea.

#730 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

It's possible you might be able to get that for it depending on the condition. A few months ago when the sticks were running dry, used models similar to what you have were getting $150+. The only problem now is the newer design of the TE sticks (the "PRO" model) goes for about $160 brand new. I've seen some TEs sell in Orlando within the fighting game community within the last couple of months for between $100-130.

Sad to see you go, but best of luck selling the stick! I'm sure we'll still play other games.

#731 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:06 AM

can i get into this list also?

Spoiler

thumb.gif

My face when i see bullshit.

#732 Kensei

Kensei

Modern Day Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:06 AM

I doubt you could sell it for that. New sticks go on sale regularly for as low as $99.
Posted Image[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ciframe%20src=%22http://gamercard.xbox.com/Kurayami%20Kensei.card%22%20scrolling=%22no%22%20frameBorder=%220%22%20height=%22140%22%20width=%22204%22%3EKurayami%20Kensei.%3C/iframe%3E[/IMG]

#733 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

F1ngers of Fury, MtlTom, Kensei, thanks for your input. I sold it for $170, including a couple older fighting games, to someone on craigslist. Their response came so quickly, I was second guessing that I underpriced it.

Thanks for having me in the group and, MtlTom, thanks for managing it. I hope to jump back in down the road when I've got more time and money on my hands (maybe when BlazBlue 2 is out).

#734 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

can i get into this list also?

Spoiler

Sure, just add your info to the list. It's a Google Spreadsheet.

So what are we playing this week guys?

#735 MidRetro

MidRetro

Game Completist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Sure, just add your info to the list. It's a Google Spreadsheet.

So what are we playing this week guys?

Gotta skip tomorrow night. I'll catch you guys next week!

Currently Playing:
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Animal Crossing:New Leaf & Mario Golf: World Tour
:ds: Nothing
:360: Shinobi+Hanzo.jpg

#736 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

So I was looking at a list of Rumored XBLA games for this year and well I came across some interesting ones.

One of them is a Double Dragon remake, which is being done by wayforward, hopefully it plays better than it looks.

Posted Image

Dungeon fighter live - An MMORPG 2D Brawler

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

WWE Wrestlefest

and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD

We'll probably know more on JoJo's after the 10th

#737 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hey Guardian, sorry I couldn't make it to play some xT last night, my friend was over and we were throwin down local.

You guys are better off not suffering through my terrible connection anyway.

:cry:
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#738 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

You only missed this...

Posted Image

GGs last night everyone!

EDIT: PS, your new title is amazing BIB. I loled.

#739 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

Haha thx man, you named my internets, it only seemed appropriate.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#740 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

So Skullgirls is out this week! Who is everyone looking at for day 1 teams/characters? I really like the looks of Cerebella. I'm thinking of pairing her with Filia.

#741 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

Parasoul/Valentine.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#742 Kensei

Kensei

Modern Day Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:47 AM

Ms Fortune/Valentine

#743 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Start educating yourselves!

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls

#744 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

I bought it on PSN today, because I have no self control and have been having a blast playing matches online and playing story mode and tutorial.

The Tutorial kind of reminds me of Blazblue except it's shorter, more accessible and isnt condescending ;), overall the lessons really are unique as it specifies some of the games other mechanics, definitely play it.

Online has been pretty smooth, you can choose the ping and GGPO rollback to your liking, and has the option of searching east and west coast regions which is pretty cool. I've played about 20-30 matches with a pretty good Win loss of 15 wins out of 20 with solo fortune, it's alot of fun.

Story mode is pretty short, but that's standard story mode fare, story mode restricts you to the one main fighter, arcade mode lets you do whatever.

Final boss however is cheap as Fuck, sorry but damn is she a bitch to beat, especially when her final form hit box is the size of a golfball.

#745 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

GGs last night everyone. And by everyone I mean Guardian because he's the only person I played ;).

This game is really tight. I hope it does well enough for spectator mode & other features.

Round Robins next week?

#746 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Guilty Gear is officially coming this summer!

http://shoryuken.com...shots-revealed/

GGs last night everyone. Shinobi & gouki, you guys need to get on the Skullgirls train!

#747 MidRetro

MidRetro

Game Completist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

GG's last night everyone. Shinobi & gouki, you guys need to get on the Skullgirls train!

I will...when it goes on sale. Too poor right now on the video game discretionary funds.

I know that this isn't very Fight Night-ish, but I think some of the Wed. Ight crew (Tom and Kensei, i recall) have expressed some interest in doing the Gears 3 DLC. I think most if not all of us have the Season Pass, so I think it might be fun to tackle some of it next Wed. at 9:00 pm. Anyone interested?

Gouki, I'm sending you an FR as I don't think your on my friends list. I figure we can get in some UMvC 3 punching bag matches sometime as I remember you and me struggling to keep up in fight nights past with everyone else. Maybe we can trade wins!

Currently Playing:
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Animal Crossing:New Leaf & Mario Golf: World Tour
:ds: Nothing
:360: Shinobi+Hanzo.jpg

#748 G)(8

G)(8

Cheap Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Gouki, I'm sending you an FR as I don't think your on my friends list. I figure we can get in some UMvC 3 punching bag matches sometime as I remember you and me struggling to keep up in fight nights past with everyone else. Maybe we can trade wins!

If you're looking for easy wins at Marvel I'm your guy.

I'll pick up either Skullgirls or SFxT soon. Which one is getting played more?

#749 Kensei

Kensei

Modern Day Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

I'm always down for some gears.

#750 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

I'd be up for some Gears. I haven't played it in forever & I have the Season Pass. If everyone is down for that just make sure you update all of your DLC ahead of time. I'm sure we could knock out quite a few of the achievements for it.

I'll pick up either Skullgirls or SFxT soon. Which one is getting played more?

Personally I think Skullgirls is an incredible value for $15. I'm enjoying it quite a bit despite the lack of spectator mode. That being said, I know you're not really as wild about the crazy anime/VS style games so I think you might like SFxT better.

Also, feel free to hit me up if you ever wanna play BBCSX. I think we all need to play that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Blazblue, King of Fighters