Photo
- - - - -

CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - SSFIV AE Games with Gold in June, Skullgirls Encore (free update) Out Now!

Street Fighter Marvel vs Capcom Mortal Kombat Injustice Blazblue King of Fighters

• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

#181 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

Note: turn speakers down a bit.

#182 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

GGs last night everyone. Sorry if I was so salty, I was really upset that I kept making the same mistakes over & over :cry:.

By the way - Freddy Krueger for MK9? Really? I thought NRS wanted people to take this game seriously.....

EDIT: Oh, and for Joe:

Posted Image

Edited by MtlTom, 21 July 2011 - 10:27 PM.

#183 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:45 PM

Great new trailer for SF X Tekken featuring Haggar, King, Marduk, Poison, Hugo, Cody and Guy

#184 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

Great new trailer for SF X Tekken featuring Haggar, King, Marduk, Poison, Hugo, Cody and Guy

This is turning out to be waaaay more interesting than I expected. Looking pretty stinking fun.

MildObstruction.png

#185 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:22 AM

WHAUT!?

WHAUT!!!??

WHUAT!!?

THIS IS HOW I FEEEL!!!

Posted Image

#186 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:46 AM

WHAUT!?

Posted Image

ee925OTFBCA
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#187 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

#188 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:26 PM

HAHAHA. thanks for sharing this. Got a few good laughs out of it.

Anyone know who the middle girl is? The actual person. I know she's Trish. I've seen her somewhere before.

#189 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:25 AM

bs - I saw that video yesterday, it was great.

Just a heads up to you pad warriors - the WWE Brawlpads are on sale at Gamestop for $19.99. I mentioned it to Guardian Wednesday when we were in a lobby but I wasn't sure if everyone heard. I bought one to put in my custom stick. They are the same layout as the Fightpads just with wrestling dudes on it instead of SF characters. The button layout is slightly different, it's actually the same as my MVC2 TE.

Here is the link. You'll have to get it locally, they are out online.

Or you know, you can just man up and buy a stick ;).

#190 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:35 AM

bs - I saw that video yesterday, it was great.

Just a heads up to you pad warriors - the WWE Brawlpads are on sale at Gamestop for $19.99. I mentioned it to Guardian Wednesday when we were in a lobby but I wasn't sure if everyone heard. I bought one to put in my custom stick. They are the same layout as the Fightpads just with wrestling dudes on it instead of SF characters. The button layout is slightly different, it's actually the same as my MVC2 TE.

Here is the link. You'll have to get it locally, they are out online.

Or you know, you can just man up and buy a stick ;).

Coolio. Thanksssssss. I'll pick up one or two for whenever I wear out my current one. :(

GGs to everyone that came out to the weekly Wednesday Fight Night. Fun matches after the hype of the UMvC3 announcement!

Oh, and I do have a stick. One TE, one DOA4, two TvCs, and one Tekken6. :P
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#191 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

Ono confirming today that there will be a AE re-balancing patch.

#192 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

Sent a friend request to the CAG Fighter IV gamertag and added info to google doc.
Spoiler

#193 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

ALL RIGHT FLESH!

Welcome to the club man, Lets get bodied together!

#194 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

Sent a friend request to the CAG Fighter IV gamertag and added info to google doc.

Welcome!

I read this news about Dante on Neogaf from lowhighkang... I really hope this changes before the final build:

But he also said something is terribly wrong with Dante. As a person who could do a lot of advance BnB's on routine, he said Dante's day 1 combo proved difficult. In fact, the only combo that would land regularly with Dante was the day -50 combo. The magic series, into air magic series, killer bee, reverb shock, fireworks into million dollar.

If you relaunch after the killer bee, good luck landing the sky dance. It's not going to happen.

The bold cancel into volcano into air play into standing H, then launcher doesn't even land anymore....

Even the 'other' route, which is to launch into air juggle then prop shredder is fucked. The opponent drops faster after the prop shredder, making it much harder to land a relaunch, or even to teleport and then hammer. The hammer whiffs.

This is a really huge deal. If they wanted to knock Dante down a tier, they really just had to modify a few of his moves. The way it's looking now, he's been oversimplified, and they've unnecessarily crippled his moveset to the point of being silly. Either his normals push his opponents away, there's greater hitstun, or the opponents drop faster. Or a combination of the above. Regardless, it's too much.

Edited by GuardianE, 26 July 2011 - 02:57 PM.

#195 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

Added, welcome to the group!

Welcome!

I read this news about Dante on Neogaf from lowhighkang... I really hope this changes before the final build:

I completely understand some of the stuff (Wolverine/Phoenix nerfs, Wesker health reduction), while other things are completely surprising. Sent can't HSF after an OTG Rocket Punch, Dante gets a bunch of nerfs, but Ammy & Zero are practically untouched. I'll reserve judgement until everything plays out with the new characters.

I'm going to start working on a new UMVC3 friendly team of Wesker/Iron Man/Spencer.

#196 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

Maybe it's too early to tell, I doubt they would nerf him that bad. Or maybe it's to compensate for putting vergil in the game, I've never played DMC but I'm sure they play similar?

#197 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

By the way, since EVO is this weekend - let's get a CAG Fighter IRC lobby going. For those of you unfamiliar:

- Go to www.efnet.org
- Type in desired nickname
- Channel: #cagfighter

Feel free to drop in & out all weekend!

#198 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

Maybe it's too early to tell, I doubt they would nerf him that bad. Or maybe it's to compensate for putting vergil in the game, I've never played DMC but I'm sure they play similar?

It depends on what direction they want to take with Vergil. He could either A) just use Yamato (his Katana) or B) they could use the DMC3 playable rendition where he could use Yamato (Katana), Force Edge (Broadsword), and Beowulf (Gauntlets) all at once... so sort of like Dante, except Dante has more weapons and variety.

They share a few moves, but they are by no means clones. Opposite Dante, Vergil tends to be less flashy, less brash, and more efficient. I'd expect him to have a slower, more damaging moveset than Dante... and moves with a lot of startup, but have large hitboxes that strike quickly. Basically, Dante's supposed to have the long, drawn out combos. Vergil's supposed to be the one that will take you out before you know what's going on.

As for Dante, I'm not going to drop him. Like ever. DMC3 is one of my favorite games of all time. But it's kind of sad. I'd rather have seen more focused nerfs than just general combo crippling.

#199 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

Dante and Vergil are pretty similar in the skill set but as guardian said he has yamato which is pretty much his best weapon and has swords as projectiles

if you got spare time pretty cool combo video from DMC to show what vergil can do
3T_RdUPNg6k

#200 Kensei

Kensei

Modern Day Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

Tattoo fail

Posted Image
Posted Image[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ciframe%20src=%22http://gamercard.xbox.com/Kurayami%20Kensei.card%22%20scrolling=%22no%22%20frameBorder=%220%22%20height=%22140%22%20width=%22204%22%3EKurayami%20Kensei.%3C/iframe%3E[/IMG]

#201 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

Hey dudes. Sorry I've been out of it for so long. Shit's been crazy at the studio.

Gonna try to be on a bit more from now on. Started playing some AE too, so if I see you guys on, I'll be sure to hop in.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#202 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

Good games to Shinobi, Tom, Kensei, Kazimer, and bs yesterday. Plenty of fun, and lots of down to the wire matches.

#203 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:21 PM

GGs to everyone last night. Lots of great games! Everything was really close, which makes for exciting matches.

Hopefully I'll see a lot of you in the CAG EVO chat this weekend.

#204 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

#205 FISTINFACE

FISTINFACE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

GET HYPE!! EVO is upon us.
Posted Image

#206 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

scroll to 11 mins fights using one hand
8ir4G_4u9rU

#207 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

In case anyone wants, here's an easy way to watch both streams:

http://www.ustwrap.i...ti/evo-1::evo-2

#208 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

thats cool tom

#209 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:11 AM

is mike ross out?

#210 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:38 AM

I can't get the IRC channel to work in my browser for some reason.