Photo
- - - - -

CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - Ultra SFIV Coming June 2014

Street Fighter Marvel vs Capcom Mortal Kombat Injustice Blazblue King of Fighters

• Please log in to reply
898 replies to this topic

#811 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

GGs last night.

Starting at 3:39 is why MarlinPie is the best...

#812 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

You guys been messing with Persona? Any thoughts?

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#813 Kensei

Kensei

Modern Day Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

That video was awesome. MarlinPie is one of my favorites too. It's too bad he doesn't travel to a lot of tournaments.

Kazimer I like Persona but it takes some getting used to. You need to play some Marvel with us again sometime.
Posted Image[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ciframe%20src=%22http://gamercard.xbox.com/Kurayami%20Kensei.card%22%20scrolling=%22no%22%20frameBorder=%220%22%20height=%22140%22%20width=%22204%22%3EKurayami%20Kensei.%3C/iframe%3E[/IMG]

#814 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

That video was awesome. MarlinPie is one of my favorites too. It's too bad he doesn't travel to a lot of tournaments.

Kazimer I like Persona but it takes some getting used to. You need to play some Marvel with us again sometime.

I definitely do. My buddy here and I have been working on getting back into the groove. You guys still doing Wednesdays?

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#815 Kensei

Kensei

Modern Day Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

Yeah we still play on Wednesdays. I'm on all the time. If you want to play just send me an invite.
Posted Image[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ciframe%20src=%22http://gamercard.xbox.com/Kurayami%20Kensei.card%22%20scrolling=%22no%22%20frameBorder=%220%22%20height=%22140%22%20width=%22204%22%3EKurayami%20Kensei.%3C/iframe%3E[/IMG]

#816 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

probably off the wall question but does anyone play Soul Calibur or KOF13?

Kamagii.png

#817 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

Anyone know if this is a decent fight stick,

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B004M23RAC

It's not a bad case, the parts are pretty decent on it (much better than the old SFIV SE sticks). The nice thing is it's super easy to upgrade the parts to Sanwa/Seimitsu and change the artwork. You might also check your local Gamestop because I seem to recall them having the same stick for like $20.

Not off the wall at all. I have Soulcalibur V and I know a lot of the other guys do as well but it's not something we play that often. Personally I just got it when it was $10 at Best Buy (shootouts to Shinobi!) but haven't had time to play. KOF13 however is another store. Most of the "regular" members of the group (myself, Kensei, Gouki, Guardian, joe, Shinobi) have it & play it quite often. We usually have a session 9PM EST on Wednesdays if you wanna join.

#818 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Yep! A lot of us picked up SCV from the Gamefly sale, but haven't really played it. Almost all of us have KOF13.

I definitely do. My buddy here and I have been working on getting back into the groove. You guys still doing Wednesdays?

Same as Kensei. If you see me online and want to play a few, don't hesitate to shoot a message.

As for Persona, I like it, but it takes a while to get used to the game mechanics. Like I said before, movement is akin to BlazBlue, but there are a number of unique button combinations that do unique movement options/attacks. It's relatively easy to pick up and play, though. I think it'd be a good game for us to play as a group, but only Kensei, Roses, and I have it right now.

Edited by GuardianE, 17 August 2012 - 03:27 AM.

My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#819 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

I'll definitely hit you guys up soon. Sure I'm a shadow of my former self at this point. Playing P4A with my buddy tomorrow after work too, so maybe I can get a grasp on that one. Looks fun.

SoulCal's a good time. Haven't played it for a bit, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd throw down a few there too!

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

#820 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

I got KOFXIII today add me if anyone wants to play a few matches

GT: Dead Fox Blues

:bouncy:

Kamagii.png

#821 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Can any zero players here answer this question for me? I don't know if the zero boards will answer this soon or not, figured i'd post it here.

http://shoryuken.com...12#post-7397625

Edit: My question did get answered :D

Edited by BackInBlack, 21 August 2012 - 10:04 PM.

StarCraft 2 - Roses

#822 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

Can any zero players here answer this question for me? I don't know if the zero boards will answer this soon or not, figured i'd post it here.

http://shoryuken.com...12#post-7397625

I'd ask bs, he's the resident Zero player. I don't know what kind of answer you'll get though ;).

Spoiler

#823 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

With the Newegg.com deal of $15 off any pre-order, now is the perfect time to take a chance and pre-order some other fighting games... like DOA5!

If you haven't been following, here are some videos from a recent pre-release tournament:

And more are here: http://www.youtube.c...ser/IPLFighters

I think it's looking really good. I'm absolutely horrible at it, but I think it'll be a lot of fun. A lot of the big damage combos stem from something called a "critical burst" which changes the stun properties. I'm not 100% sure how it works, or how a critical burst is initiated exactly.

There will be lobbies with spectator and a lot of emphasis for online play. There's even an online training mode. Already have my copy pre-ordered.

Edited by GuardianE, 22 August 2012 - 04:07 AM.

#824 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Oh great, this code works again? I don't really want to hassle canceling my $12 dollar off preorder for it :/

Canceled and preordered again, thx guardian.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#825 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Oh great, this code works again? I don't really want to hassle canceling my $12 dollar off preorder for it :/

Yep, it worked again for me today.

Just make sure to make a new order using the $15, THEN cancel your $12 off order.

#826 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Welp, looks like i did it in the wrong order!
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#827 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Anyone tryna play some DOA4? DOA5 tourney is gona be free at summer jam, tryna win a match, haha.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#828 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Anyone tryna play some DOA4? DOA5 tourney is gona be free at summer jam, tryna win a match, haha.

I'd be up to play. But you're not going to learn anything because I'm awful.

#829 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Played a little bit of DOA5 at Summer Jam, reminded me why I liked DOA4 when it came out a month after 360's launch. Really stoked to own this game next month.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#830 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Good games today, Roses.

bs000 uploaded some matches that we played. It was an okay set. There's a weird bug that happened in the middle of the second video at around 7:10. After downing Zero, I couldn't dash out of the corner for some reason. And then I got hit by a super... I'm not sure if it crossed me up or I couldn't block.:

#831 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

I updated the list with a bunch of new games!

#832 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

I went ahead and added Persona 4 Arena to the list.

#833 MangoRyu28

MangoRyu28

I just gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

Nice! I see you added a few others lol. I've been too busy playing HDR, like always. I'd be up to play some matches of Persona ,Kof13, and SF4.

#834 Kensei

Kensei

Modern Day Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

Let's play some persona. I haven't had a chance to play it that much yet.

#835 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

I could never get the hang of DOA4 for some reason but enjoyed DOA on Dreamcast and Xbox 1.
Spoiler

#836 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Let's play some persona. I haven't had a chance to play it that much yet.

Played some with my buddy this weekend. Definitely picking it up. I dug it a ton.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

#837 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

GGs last night to... oh wait, everyone decided to play Borderlands 2 instead ;).

On a serious note, is anyone besides Guardian getting MVC Origins?

#838 MangoRyu28

MangoRyu28

I just gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

I picked up Marvel Origins yesterday if any one wants to get some matches in....

#839 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Anyone pick up DOA5? In command training, you need to use R3 if you want to see a demo of the combo. I use an arcade stick, and it won't let me change the demo button, like p4a does for instance.

;(
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#840 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

I picked up both Marvel Origins and DOA5. I know Shinobi and bs picked up Marvel Origins as well. I'm up for playing either sometime. I'm ass at both and enjoying it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Blazblue, King of Fighters