Photo
- - - - -

CAG Fighter X360 Fighting Game Matchmaking. MVC Content Being Delisted 12/26. Skullgirls: Encore coming Jan 2014!

• Please log in to reply
894 replies to this topic

#61 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

Good games to everyone that made it out on Wednesday. I think most of us are still adjusting to the speed and pacing of SFIV again. I'm still up for some Marvel or BlazBlue as well.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#62 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

My internet died in a fire but they finally sent a guy to come fix it and I can play AE now hooray. How long has it been out? Several days? SEVERAL?! Meh, I'm not going to bother playing catch up with everyone that's already had it for several days. Bye forever D:

Spoiler

[URL="http://raptr.com/bs000?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#63 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

My internet died in a fire but they finally sent a guy to come fix it and I can play AE now hooray. How long has it been out? Several days? SEVERAL?! Meh, I'm not going to bother playing catch up with everyone that's already had it for several days. Bye forever D:

Spoiler

You make Dudley weep with your blasphemous words. I was wondering what happened to you. Shinobi also didn't make it out last night for some reason. I hope his internet did not suffer from the same arsonist.

#64 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

Is Dudley still cool. I hurt my hand playing the 3DS version. I also cut my index finger trying to fix my internets. It hurts to fighting game anything D:

#65 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:02 AM

Good games to everyone that made it out on Wednesday. I think most of us are still adjusting to the speed and pacing of SFIV again. I'm still up for some Marvel or BlazBlue as well.

GGs this week in AE. It's definitely weird going back to SSF4 after the rapid pace of Marvel.

Spoiler

Plz don't leave :cry:

I posted this in the SSFIV thread, but meant to post it here. This is how you deal with two streams....

Posted Image

#66 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

Tokido is the CEO 2011 Marvel champion, taking J.Wong out in the Grand Finals. Huge upset. Incredible matches in the Finals and Grand Finals. Good show to ChrisG as well.

#67 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:21 AM

watching the CEO SSFIV: AE Top 8...Mike "ImTheBest" Ross just eliminated justin wong!! it was intense!!

#68 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:39 AM

That Marvel finals was a really good set. It was really interesting to see how Tokido used his team with a lot of Lvl 1 X-Factor and not being afraid to burn the meter with his other characters besides Phoenix. It's like the complete opposite of what we've been seeing.

I'm tuning into the AE finals right now. If any of you guys are on, hop on to IRC.

www.efnet.org
Chat: #cagfighter

EDIT: We're not in the chat anymore

Edited by MtlTom, 13 June 2011 - 03:36 AM.

#69 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

wow mike ross with e honda beating everyone

#70 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:06 AM

Posted Image

#71 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:13 AM

cutest couple ever

#72 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:22 AM

tokido vs sabin? im out

#73 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:47 AM

because the teamspooky stream was rudely interrupted by the hotel...

#74 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:48 AM

That Marvel finals was a really good set. It was really interesting to see how Tokido used his team with a lot of Lvl 1 X-Factor and not being afraid to burn the meter with his other characters besides Phoenix. It's like the complete opposite of what we've been seeing.

I'm tuning into the AE finals right now. If any of you guys are on, hop on to IRC.

www.efnet.org
Chat: #cagfighter

EDIT: We're not in the chat anymore

Yeah, it was good stuff. Tokido was actually doing that over a month ago in Europe (Lvl1 Xfactor burn). And Justin was doing it too. This is just the first major in the U.S. since then, I think. It really only works with Wolverine for a number of reasons:

1) No other character is able to kill off another character in Level 1 X-Factor that quickly (leaving tons of X-Factor for the next character) AND
2) Pull off several 50/50 mixups in a row at super speed on the next incoming character (which could potentially lead to a second dead character)

That's why you don't see many other characters utilizing the level 1. And, of course, it's applicability and usefulness is dependent on your opponent's team composition. He is pretty unique in his willingness to use meter on his Phoenix team, though. That's been sort of a trademark strat for him.

I was really really cheering for Mike Ross at the end there. Amazing work he put in this weekend.

Edited by GuardianE, 13 June 2011 - 01:39 PM.

#75 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

Yeah, it was good stuff. Tokido was actually doing that over a month ago in Europe (Lvl1 Xfactor burn). And Justin was doing it too. This is just the first major in the U.S. since then, I think. It really only works with Wolverine for a number of reasons:

1) No other character is able to kill off another character in Level 1 X-Factor that quickly (leaving tons of X-Factor for the next character) AND
2) Pull off several 50/50 mixups in a row at super speed on the next incoming character (which could potentially lead to a second dead character)

That's why you don't see many other characters utilizing the level 1. And, of course, it's applicability and usefulness is dependent on your opponent's team composition. He is pretty unique in his willingness to use meter on his Phoenix team, though. That's been sort of a trademark strat for him.

I was really really cheering for Mike Ross at the end there. Amazing work he put in this weekend.

Yeah, I know the Lvl1 X-Factor is common with Wolverine for the reasons you mentioned - it's something I've seen a lot of people do including Justin & Noel Brown.

What I was really surprised with was Tokido's willingness to burn his X-Factor and meter on a Phoenix team. To this point, most Phoenix players generally:

1) Get 5 meters, put her in until she turns dark and tag her our so the other characters can use meter. Save the X-Factor for her
2) Save all the meter, keep her last, use the X-Factor for her.

I hadn't really seen him play since FR, where he was using Wolverine/Sent/Akuma so I wasn't aware of how he played the Phoenix team. It was an interesting strategy and obviously it worked. It's pretty amazing that he got 1st in BBCS2, MVC3, and AE and 3rd in T6.

I was pulling for Mike Ross too. His matches were all pretty exciting and he had a lot of clutch moments.

#76 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, I know the Lvl1 X-Factor is common with Wolverine for the reasons you mentioned - it's something I've seen a lot of people do including Justin & Noel Brown.

What I was really surprised with was Tokido's willingness to burn his X-Factor and meter on a Phoenix team. To this point, most Phoenix players generally:

1) Get 5 meters, put her in until she turns dark and tag her our so the other characters can use meter. Save the X-Factor for her
2) Save all the meter, keep her last, use the X-Factor for her.

I hadn't really seen him play since FR, where he was using Wolverine/Sent/Akuma so I wasn't aware of how he played the Phoenix team. It was an interesting strategy and obviously it worked. It's pretty amazing that he got 1st in BBCS2, MVC3, and AE and 3rd in T6.

I was pulling for Mike Ross too. His matches were all pretty exciting and he had a lot of clutch moments.

Well, another thing to keep in mind is that Justin's team was perfect for doing the Lvl1 X-Factor against. His anchor was Tron, obviously Justin's weakest link on that team. If Tokido managed to take out the first two characters, the match was already over. There's not much that Level 3 X-Factor Tron can do except throw out j.C's and hope for the best. Possibly catch a Lvl3 Hyper in a clutch moment. That's about it. I'm sure Tokido was taking that into consideration.

Tokido also seemed incredibly comfortable with regular Phoenix. Moreso than Filipino Champ or Viscant at this stage in the game.
I didn't even get to see BBCS2. Who was he using in that?

Edited by GuardianE, 13 June 2011 - 03:28 PM.

#77 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

Tokido also seemed incredibly comfortable with regular Phoenix. Moreso than Filipino Champ or Viscant at this stage in the game.
I didn't even get to see BBCS2. Who was he using in that?

I didn't see any of the matches, I just heard he won it. Apparently there weren't a lot of entries. I know in streams I've seen previously for BBCS he uses Bang (of course). I'm sure he stuck with him in BBCS2.

I don't know when/if finals were streamed. It would have been Friday night or Saturday morning.

#78 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:39 AM

Posted Image

#79 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

Posted Image

Amazing. Always a crowd pleaser. I didn't even know that Juicebox picked up Juri.

#80 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

Amazing. Always a crowd pleaser. I didn't even know that Juicebox picked up Juri.

I remember him mentioning he was learning her back on one of his podcasts. Juicebox should learn more characters just so we can see more dances.

So it looks like right now Oni is the new Ken for AE. There soooo many of them and they're all mashing HK/EX slash. From mid range it's pretty easy to see coming and punish, but up close it's tough to react to. Any suggestions?

LK is safe on block, MK doesn't cross-up, is unsafe, but does cause un-techable KD on hit, and HK/EX cross-up. Is it best to try and hit them out of it for HK/EX or try and block then punish?

#81 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

I remember him mentioning he was learning her back on one of his podcasts. Juicebox should learn more characters just so we can see more dances.

So it looks like right now Oni is the new Ken for AE. There soooo many of them and they're all mashing HK/EX slash. From mid range it's pretty easy to see coming and punish, but up close it's tough to react to. Any suggestions?

LK is safe on block, MK doesn't cross-up, is unsafe, but does cause un-techable KD on hit, and HK/EX cross-up. Is it best to try and hit them out of it for HK/EX or try and block then punish?

If you can react to it, a simple c.lk will knock them out of the EX. I don't think the move has any invincibility, though I could be wrong. It's just a gimmick that people are going to have to adjust to, and until they do, Oni's will get free hits. I'm not sure how punishable EX is on block.

#82 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:14 AM

Fuck you auto-pilot.

#83 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

There was a tourney where he was in the crowd and did a different dance for every ultra someone did. I can't remember what event it was and can't find any videos from it.

"LOOK AT HOW AMERICAN HE IS!"

#84 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

GGs to Guardian, bs, Kensei, Gouki, & Ozzy. Is Ozzy on CAG? He had a pretty sick Hakan, I was really surprised. I need to go back and watch the replays from last night because I felt like I kept making the same mistakes over & over. Lots of really close matches though and that's what's important!

I'm still really confused as to where my 200PP magically disappeared to, but at least this came out of it....
Posted Image

"LOOK AT HOW AMERICAN HE IS!"

That was EVO 2009. I can't find the video of him acting out the Ultras in the crowd (I remember him doing Balrog's) but I found this:

PS: Was the netcode any better on MK?

#85 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

GGs to Guardian, bs, Kensei, Gouki, & Ozzy. Is Ozzy on CAG? He had a pretty sick Hakan, I was really surprised. I need to go back and watch the replays from last night because I felt like I kept making the same mistakes over & over. Lots of really close matches though and that's what's important!

I'm still really confused as to where my 200PP magically disappeared to, but at least this came out of it....

PS: Was the netcode any better on MK?

Good games to Tom, et al. + Joe. Ozzy isn't on CAG, I don't think. He had a pretty good connection yesterday, but usually matches with him are kinda lag filled. He had green bars so he wanted to take advantage and get in on the lobby. Hakan can be scary since no one knows the matchup. :P

That really sucks about your PP. I guess now we know for future reference how to avoid it anyway.

Netcode in MK is still ass in King of the Hill. :( It's not too bad in 1v1 player matches, but I don't think any patches have been released yet. Message of the day is still "Welcome to Mortal Kombat"

Where the heck is Shinobi?

#86 wjhard63

wjhard63

Game Completist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:24 AM

Where the heck is Shinobi?

Presente.

I've been practicing the third super secret special art, pre-game rage quitting. Through my practice as a punching bag, I've finally been able to successfully pull off this special art for two weeks in a row.

Work kept me from fight night a week and a half ago and this past week I've been sick. I don't know that I would've been able to join you on AE - I haz no points. Working to get an approval for an appropriation of gaming budget funds from the committee. I'll let you know what she says.

I hope to be on this Wednesday. Expect to be amazed with how terribad I am now.
Currently Playing:
:wiiu: Call of Duty: Ghosts
:3ds: AC:NL & Bravely Default
:ds: Nothing
:360: Shinobi+Hanzo.jpg

#87 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:28 AM

Every time I lose to online derp tactics, I feel like pulling teeth and punching kittens.

#88 MtlTom

MtlTom

Play ST/HDR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

Every time I lose to online derp tactics, I feel like pulling teeth and punching kittens.

This is a big part of the reason why I hate playing ranked matches. I like keeping my sodium levels at normal. Ranked does have it's advantages though since you encounter a lot of different fighting styles. Some of them complete garbage though, lol.

I don't know if anyone else notices, but I have to say that the netcode seems to be better with AE overall compared to vanilla SSF4. It's still not HDR status, but it's good.

#89 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:44 PM

nvm just started

#90 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:53 AM

norcal regionals is pretty shitty