• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7446 replies to this topic

#5371 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

OMGZ? Games get cheaper?

Being a CAG doesn't mean buying a game as cheap as possible.

Being a CAG means buying a game as cheap as possible at the time you want to buy it.

Somehow people are incapable of understanding this distinction.

#5372 yahoosale14

yahoosale14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

OMGZ? Games get cheaper?

Being a CAG doesn't mean buying a game as cheap as possible.

Being a CAG means buying a game as cheap as possible at the time you want to buy it.

Somehow people are incapable of understanding this distinction.

idk about that...a large amount of people will only buy game A when it hits $10,$20 etc.

although paying $60 without a $10-$20 credit is illegal here. :)

#5373 PopCall

PopCall

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

I don't know how much more we'll accomplish with this discussion really.

Feels like groundhog day.

Seems like a lot of preorders (with the exception of Newegg) are holding their preorder incentives close to the chest (perhaps due to increased competition?!?!)

Amazon has nothing, quiet here too, which I understand. Still plenty of time.

#5374 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

Its been a while, but I have to say it again. This may be the 10th time I have said this, but I LOVE THIS THREAD. Almost reminds me of the Altanis (dont call me Atlantis) period.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#5375 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

To (kind of) start a new discussion, what does everyone think about the recently-posted Captain America: Super Soldier review on the KmartGamer website?

http://gamer.kmart.c...soldier-review/

I agree with it for the most part (I wouldn't exactly call the graphics "stunning" and I would have preferred if there were slightly less collectibles). Based on my time with the game so far, I'm pleasantly surprised; while not nearly as polished as Arkham Asylum, the battle system feels great and I actually feel like I'm Captain America when playing. I'm so glad I was able to get this through my local library. :-P

If I had to put a rating to it, I'd rate it 4.25/5.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5376 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

As far as used games, what ghetto do you live in that games are full of crud? Well, 360 games are usually in worse shape than PS3 games i'll admit. I only buy PS3 games and there always in great shape. Who cares if there fingerprints on the case. Ever hear of windex?

I guess i just find it funny that alot of people think spending $60 and getting a $15 coupon on a sub-par game is a GREAT deal. I rather wait a month and get it for $40. But then again, i wouldn't even do that. Yup, im a CAG :)

Just cause you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. I would never trust the hygiene of a gamer to save $5-10.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5377 JoeCamNet

JoeCamNet

Broke ass loser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

Patience is key...btw Hunted is $29.99/$26.99 at GS. I think it's funny, and quite sad that people try to rationalise their purchases. Some guy last week replied to people complaining about these deals and said (not exact quote) "I just bought Hunted for $60 and got Vanquish for free plus a $15 coupon" Wow, ya dude great deal!! lol. Vanquish is $19.99/$17.99 at GS. He could of bought these games used for about $40-$42 with edge card. And these people call themselves a CAG? Lmao at these coupons.....

That was me! So first off, don't compare buying new games to buying used games. I wanted something new, not used, as many others have mentioned. And by YOUR account, Hunted new is $30, Vanquish new is $20. That's $50. Add in $15 for that coupon and HOLY SHIT! IT TOTALS UP TO $65! Which is MORE than the $60 I was content paying!
On top of that, Kmart is a 5 minute walk from my house which requires no gas. GameStop is a minimum 20-25 minute drive which eats up some gas money, so there's some more savings.
Seems I got a better deal than what GameStop is offering now, and that was what, last week? Two weeks ago?
You're not a CAG, you're a shithead.
If you love video games and if you love music, you NEED to check out
Posted Image
And if you order the CD you can even rub your balls on it!

#5378 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

Post of the day.

Just because he wants to buy used at gamestop doesn't mean he needs to shit on people who want to get new releases quickly and are ok with the coupons and whatever value calculation they make. It's laughable that he thinks he's a better CAG than others.

#5379 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

Sorry it fell off for a bit

#5380 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

Madden in 12 days and Deux Ex right around the corner. I haven't seen any news on DE recently. Good or bad, any words yet?

#5381 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

Holy shit, that's a lot of games.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5382 JoeCamNet

JoeCamNet

Broke ass loser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

Hey Josh, any word on the possibility of the Forza 4 Limited Edition being carried?
I figure it's a long shot, but can't hurt to ask.
If you love video games and if you love music, you NEED to check out
Posted Image
And if you order the CD you can even rub your balls on it!

#5383 yahoosale14

yahoosale14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

Holy shit, that's a lot of games.

it was that long before it was removed.

nice to know mgs HD collection is on the 8th now. hopefully theres a $20 credit with it

@lude21

#5384 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:43 PM

Sorry it fell off for a bit

:applause: Bravo, Josh! There's no need to apologize.

Now, let's take a look here at my coupon train...*gulp*

8-23 :ps3: Deus Ex Human Revolution $20 Gaming Coupon + 8x11 Collectible Print
9-9 :3ds: Star Fox 64 3D
9-19 :ds: Kirby Mass Attack [NOTE: I'm hoping Kirby Returns to Dreamland comes out the same day/week and that there will be a combined deal for both]
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection
10-18 :ps3: Batman Arkham City
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-11 :360: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360: Saint's Row: The Third
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-21 :3ds: Kid Icarus
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart

Let me start off by saying that I really like the format here, Josh: clear and direct.

I think that compared to most people, I'll be buying fewer games this holiday season (I'm willing to wait for sales/price drops on others like AC:R, Dark Souls, Rage, etc., while the above list contains my potential day-one purchases with my desired platform for the multiplatform games), but my gosh, there's still a lot of games that interest me. My wallet will probably begin crying...now. 8-[

Edited by Vigilante, 18 August 2011 - 10:54 PM.
Added Deus Ex to list

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#5385 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:50 PM

Hey how about a deal on Pinball Hall of Fame 3DS? Am I the only one excited about this?

#5386 PlanetIndigo

PlanetIndigo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:54 PM

SHC-Gamer, is there any chance that Disgaea 4 (coming out on sept 6) will have any kind of offer/coupon at all?
Also, I asked my store if they were going to carry it and they told me they have no way of knowing. Do you know if that particular game will ship to all KMarts and be available in stores on the 6th?

#5387 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

SHC-Gamer, is there any chance that Disgaea 4 (coming out on sept 6) will have any kind of offer/coupon at all?
Also, I asked my store if they were going to carry it and they told me they have no way of knowing. Do you know if that particular game will ship to all KMarts and be available in stores on the 6th?

Unfortunately, Josh has said that no Kmart stores will be getting Disgaea 4 in stock, and as such, there won't be any deal for it.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#5388 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

Yay Dead Island!

Maybe I'll jump on for Deus Ex... I do have a $30 GC to use still from LA Noire. DECISIONS!
Posted Image

#5389 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Will there be a coupon for Disgaea 4?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5390 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:47 PM

Literally answered two posts above you

#5391 PlanetIndigo

PlanetIndigo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:47 PM

Unfortunately, Josh has said that no Kmart stores will be getting Disgaea 4 in stock, and as such, there won't be any deal for it.

Well this sucks, I was really looking forward to using my coupon for that game since that's pretty much the only game I'm interested in for september.
Is there any way at all to use a store coupon for an online kmart purchase? Unfortunately I don't think there is, but you never know...

#5392 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

Good god that's a busy November

#5393 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

So, any deals planned for Disgaea 4?

How about post-launch deals for Catherine?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5394 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:08 AM

So, any deals planned for Disgaea 4?

How about post-launch deals for Catherine?

Hate to be THAT GUY....but....did you happen to read two post above yours?
Posted Image

#5395 DreamStinger

DreamStinger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

Any word if K-Mart will be carrying the Augmented Edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360)? It'll be cool to get this version of the game plus the $20 credit coupon!

#5396 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

Any word if K-Mart will be carrying the Augmented Edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360)? It'll be cool to get this version of the game plus the $20 credit coupon!

Very limited, less than 300 of each for 360 and PS3

#5397 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:23 AM

Madden in 12 days and Deux Ex right around the corner. I haven't seen any news on DE recently. Good or bad, any words yet?

First few reviews have been pretty positive, and impressions I've read of the leaked build a few months back were also positive. I'd say it's going to be a very good game. Hopefully getting out ahead of the crowd will help it sales-wise. My cynicism will only grow if the market rejects it completely in favor of Call of Duty 8.

:applause: I hope this becomes a new meme for this thread.
Posted Image

#5398 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:30 AM

[FONT="]Here's my list of games. As if I'll be able to stop myself from buying more. Bolded = I'm so excited I just couldn't hide it.

[/FONT]
Spoiler

As for Deus Ex It's getting some positive reviews so far. OXM 8.5'd it and said the voice acting was terrible, story was disappointing, killer music, gameplay is a superb mix of stealth/combat

#5399 Fratty McDouche

Fratty McDouche

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:31 AM

Josh,

Any chance we'll be seeing a deal on Infamous 2 anytime soon? I seem to remember you posting that there was a freeze on Sony first party deals until they've been out for a while.

#5400 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

To (kind of) start a new discussion, what does everyone think about the recently-posted Captain America: Super Soldier review on the KmartGamer website?

Always thought it looked promising, just not willing to drop much on purchase. Pretty much waiting for a sub $20 price, kinda like what I did with the Wolverine game

:applause: Bravo, Josh! There's no need to apologize.

Now, let's take a look here at my coupon train...*gulp*

8-23 :ps3: Deus Ex Human Revolution $20 Gaming Coupon + 8x11 Collectible Print
9-9 :3ds: Star Fox 64 3D
9-19 :ds: Kirby Mass Attack [NOTE: I'm hoping Kirby Returns to Dreamland comes out the same day/week and that there will be a combined deal for both]
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection
10-18 :ps3: Batman Arkham City
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-11 :360: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360: Saint's Row: The Third
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-21 :3ds: Kid Icarus
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart

Let me start off by saying that I really like the format here, Josh: clear and direct.

I think that compared to most people, I'll be buying fewer games this holiday season (I'm willing to wait for sales/price drops on others like AC:R, Dark Souls, Rage, etc., while the above list contains my potential day-one purchases with my desired platform for the multiplatform games), but my gosh, there's still a lot of games that interest me. My wallet will probably begin crying...now. 8-[

Your list nearly matches up to my thoughts on those releases. I'd probably go for Dark Souls right away partly because there was a period of time where Demons Souls became hard to find.

November releases seem to be sequel-rama. Only game that has me excited is SR3 and that's because of the craziness. I mean you can get a v-tol near the start of the game and go nuts. I'm sure I'll get a few other titles, just depends on the coupon situation at the time.

Hey how about a deal on Pinball Hall of Fame 3DS? Am I the only one excited about this?

No idea this even existed. I'd pick it up if it's like the other Pinball HoF titles. Although it's one of those titles I would rather see as a downloadable title.