$20 Off Select New EA Titles PUR May 28-31

GreaterFel

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/...=email&utm_content=feature&utm_campaign=PURea

Just received an email, doesn't look too bad. Personally in for Sims 3 Deluxe at $10.

Enjoy.

EDIT: "vship" worked when I tested it last night, make sure you have at least $24.99 worth of merchandise and it should work.

Here's a list of what's on sale currently:

Bulletstorm - 360, PS3, PC (39.99)
Crysis 2 - 360, PS3, PC (39.99)
Darkspore - PC (29.99)
Deadspace 2 - 360 (39.99)
Deadspace 2 LE - PS3 (39.99)
Dragon Age 2 - 360, PS3, PC (39.99)
Fight Night Champion - 360, PS3 (39.99)
Madden NFL Football - 3DS (19.99)
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - 360, PS3 (39.99), Wii (29.99)
Portal 2 - 360, PS3 (39.99), PC (29.99)
Shift 2 Unleashed - 360, PS3 (39.99), PC (29.99)
Sims 3 - 3DS (19.99)
Sims 3 Deluxe - PC (9.99)
The Sims Medieval - PC (29.99)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters - 360, PS3 (39.99), Wii (29.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
... *facepalm* Early access to what? Titles at prices you can get everywhere else since the base value is MSRP? Jeez. Sims Medieval is already on sale @ Target for $30 this upcoming week, the 3DS Sims 3 game and the Sims 3 Deluxe game are probably the only real deals here. I'd bite if I had a PC that could run Sims 3, it's a shame it isn't the console versions.

Was about to submit the sale items to Amazon to get the ball rolling on a price match.

Didn't know they were already $39.95 on there.
:whistle2:k

Is the Sims 3 deluxe edition an expansion though? I might buy it as a gift for one of the girls I know, if you need the other games that might suck.

[quote name='karyadi']Is the Sims 3 deluxe edition an expansion though? I might buy it as a gift for one of the girls I know, if you need the other games that might suck.[/QUOTE]

its the original game with an expansion pack.

I would bite on Crysis 2 only because I have credit but it doesn't even crack the Top 20 on Xbox Live which seems that the community quickly died down.

At the bottom of the email it says:

*$20 off original prices of $39.99 to $59.99. Select games also on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and Nintendo Wii.
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for Wii and PC $10 off and Tiger Woods 12: The Masters for Wii $10 off.

The Sims 3 Deluxe doesn't fall into the first category, but they don't mention it by name in the second. But since it fails to meet the first, we can only assume it's probably only getting a $10 drop to $19.99. Lame sale.

Hmm, $40 for the Dead Space 2 Limited Edition. That's not too bad I guess for what it contains. Wow, Sims 3 Deluxe for $10 though? That seems like a pretty darn good deal to me, has even the standard edition of Sims 3 dropped that low before? Just wish there was a free shipping option, vship is a no-go for me as well.

[quote name='Edge']Hmm, $40 for the Dead Space 2 Limited Edition. That's not too bad I guess for what it contains. Wow, Sims 3 Deluxe for $10 though? That seems like a pretty darn good deal to me, has even the standard edition of Sims 3 dropped that low before? Just wish there was a free shipping option, vship is a no-go for me as well.[/QUOTE]

There were 3 versions of Dead Space 2. Standard, Limited, and Collectors editions. The Limited edition includes DS Extraction and the Collectors edition is the one with the replica Plasma Cutter, DS Extraction, Lithograph, ect.

Anybody get vship to work? When I enter it, it takes out the $20 off.
brutal after tax and s/h, it goes to $48, FAIL!

The only decent thing here is the Sims 3 Deluxe for 9.99, unless it's a mistake and they fix it. But if you put in your rewards #, it will take $20 off and make it 9.99 in your cart.Other than that though, WEAKSAUCE!

[quote name='Defendthestar31']Is madden 3DS worth $20?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. The 3D effects are nice and it is definitely worth $20 if you can deal with no online play.

Can anyone confirm if this is an instore promo too? The web link prominently displays the in-store pickup next to each game.

I'm thinking about getting the sims medieval for that price. I know it's not a high end graphic game but do you need a newer pc to play it on? Mine is at least 4 years old.

[quote name='DesertLeo']i just got a $15 dollar discount getting dragon age 2 USED online applied automatically.[/QUOTE]

Might wanna post that in a new topic, actually.

@ Vap

Sims 3 came out in '09. So, if you got your computer in '07... it really depends how much you invested in 07', though computers go obsolete quicker and quicker these days.

You might need to give a little more detail.

[quote name='karyadi']Does this apply in-store as well?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this has been guaranteed as applying in-store as long as you're a PUR member.

Edit: I suppose this sale isn't horrible if you have GS credit, but these are what the prices should be (at least on the $60 titles) and they make it worse by you needing to be a PUR member. Which reminds me that I have to renew soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']Yeah, this has been guaranteed as applying in-store as long as you're a PUR member.[/QUOTE]

Great because I still have 8$ in store credit. I love you gamestop! :)

I noticed that amazon a couple of days ago dropped the price of crysis 2 to 40 before this gamestop sale started and now I see bulletstorm for 40. Are they just price matching or are these permanent price drops from amazon ? Cause if they are permanent, its only a matter of time before a good gold box deal for these two titles shows up so I can skip this sale

[quote name='strait edge follower']I noticed that amazon a couple of days ago dropped the price of crysis 2 to 40 before this gamestop sale started and now I see bulletstorm for 40. Are they just price matching or are these permanent price drops from amazon ? Cause if they are permanent, its only a matter of time before a good gold box deal for these two titles shows up so I can skip this sale[/QUOTE]

Good luck getting either of 'em in your GB. I don't expect seeing them sell for less than $40 new (even DS2 -_-) until around Black Friday, so.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Good luck getting either of 'em in your GB. I don't expect seeing them sell for less than $40 new (even DS2 -_-) until around Black Friday, so.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean my gold box, I was talking about those all game gold box sales they have one a month or so. I do agree with black friday probibly having deals for both or atleast for one of these games. I really want to FALCON KICK ! And GET OVER HERE ! Guys off cliffs and stuff In bulletstorm but my price point is 20 or less for it

[quote name='strait edge follower']I didn't mean my gold box, I was talking about those all game gold box sales they have one a month or so. I do agree with black friday probibly having deals for both or atleast for one of these games. I really want to FALCON KICK ! And GET OVER HERE ! Guys off cliffs and stuff In bulletstorm but my price point is 20 or less for it[/QUOTE]

Probably a wise choice, I kinda regret spending $60 for the Epic edition, even if it came with some nice shit and the Beta which I didn't even really play (which everyone got in the last week, and pre-orders got anyway...). Even though I used a free $25 GC on it, and it gave me a $20 GC (Means I only spent $15 on it ultimately...), I still regret it, so that says something, I think. xD Figures of the few release-week purchases I get, I regret that one and the one the week before (MvC3).

$30 for BS isn't too bad if it's new though.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Probably a wise choice, I kinda regret spending $60 for the Epic edition, even if it came with some nice shit and the Beta which I didn't even really play (which everyone got in the last week, and pre-orders got anyway...). Even though I used a free $25 GC on it, and it gave me a $20 GC (Means I only spent $15 on it ultimately...), I still regret it, so that says something, I think. xD Figures of the few release-week purchases I get, I regret that one and the one the week before (MvC3).

$30 for BS isn't too bad if it's new though.[/QUOTE]

You should have sold your beta code on craigslist. I'm going to do that with my uncharted 3 beta code when I get my copy of infamous 2 from amazon. You will be surprised how much these beta codes can get you. I managed to sell my consulers car and borderick dlc from la noire combined for 15 dollars on craigslist

[quote name='strait edge follower']You should have sold your beta code on craigslist. I'm going to do that with my uncharted 3 beta code when I get my copy of infamous 2 from amazon. You will be surprised how much these beta codes can get you. I managed to sell my consulers car and borderick dlc from la noire combined for 15 dollars on craigslist[/QUOTE]

I actually just checked my CL gaming section for the first time today. Nothing that great but there were a ton of posts just from today and I didn't have the patience (or the money) to go through 'em all. I only played the first week while it was exclusive, I wanted to play with my friend who is a big GoW fan and bought BS: Epic Edition for the same reason.

I still need to sell this Scorpion code for $5... bah.

[quote name='karyadi']Does this apply in-store as well?[/QUOTE]

It does i asked for all the games, just scan your PUR card.

Lucky me the manager allowed me to combine this promotion with my buy 2 used, get 1 free coupon from signing up as a PUR member. I got Dragon Age 2, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Resonance of Fate (all COMPLETE!) for $71.98 + tax.!

If i had purchased Dragon Age 2 by itself, it would have been $31.49 + tax after PUR discount and EA code that is automatically applied.

bread's done
Back