No more PS2 games at my GameStop

gla55jAw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
This is a sad day for me. I went to the 2 local GameStops in my area and they both shipped out all of their PS2 games. They even have a GameCube section still, but no PS2!

[quote name='gla55jAw']This is a sad day for me. I went to the 2 local GameStops in my area and they both shipped out all of their PS2 games. They even have a GameCube section still, but no PS2![/QUOTE]

Same here sorta they have tons in the yellow paper cases just no hardcases/manuals but they still have/sell PS2's.
Some GS seems cluttered b/c of all the damn promo stuff seems like they should stack them floor to ceiling on special 4 sided displays.

[quote name='Enuf']Same here sorta they have tons in the yellow paper cases just no hardcases/manuals but they still have/sell PS2's.
Some GS seems cluttered b/c of all the damn promo stuff seems like they should stack them floor to ceiling on special 4 sided displays.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the stores by me had the games under $4.99 in the sleeves and the rest still in cases. There were a few games I wanted to still pick up in those sleeves. The kid working at one of the stores said they just threw out all of the cheap games and shipped the cased ones out.

I still have a little more hope. There are 2 more stores about 15 minutes away that I'll check this week.

I have multiple Gamestops in my area, and only one of them removed their PS2 section. Mostly because there is just not enough room. The space they got at the mall is incredibly tiny.

If the rest of them move to discs in sleeves only, then that's when I'll stop buying PS2 games from them. Give me a case that wasn't dragged behind the car, an instruction booklet that wasn't stomped on, and a disc that doesn't look like someone used it as a beer coaster.

Not meaning to bump an old thread, but all the GS's around here still have huge PS2 sections, they are not on the wall, but they have disc only games in racks and other racks with tons of games with cases.

I don't know, all the GS around here have plenty of PS2 games. I'll assume the higher immigrant population here in Southern California means that many households still have older consoles and not the newer ones. I was waiting for GT5 to come out which delayed purchase of a PS3. By the time it came out, other things where more important (1) and I still haven't bought one, likely not until the end of summer if not until next year maybe.

Plenty of PS2 games however.

Gamestops around here still have a decent PS2 selection and a small Gamecube selection. Xbox is obsolete however.

But yeah, I've been doing some more PS2 game shopping this past year to stock up on what I want before the time comes where the only place I can find them offline is a mom & pop store lol. (Which there are absolutely NONE that I know of in Orlando, FL)

bread's done
Back