Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/29/11 to 6/4/11)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#31 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Are they actually advertising the included PS3 controller as a $59.99 value (which notably isn't $59.99 in the first place) or are they including an *extra* controller?

Ooh, or maybe the $59.99 is referring to the game and the OP just confused the hell out of me...
FadeToOne.png

#32 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

Looks there is a price cut for Xbox too.

I'm kinda doubting that, unless it's a cut in price of the Kinect bundle? That's more what they're shoving down everyone's throat... It is good to see a deal on the vanilla version of a 360, though.

I also doubt that Target is throwing in a second PS3 controller for free... hmm.

#33 JMSteele

JMSteele

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

$50gc with purchase of Xbox 360 4GB or 320GB PS3 Move System

Is that just the plain vanilla 360 arcade or is it the the one bundled with a Kinect?

#34 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

Is that just the plain vanilla 360 arcade or is it the the one bundled with a Kinect?

If it's not the Vanilla 360 Arcade, Target is having a sale on the 29th for one that comes with a $50 GC (same deal). Guess we'll see on Sunday.

Edited by BobbyTastic, 27 May 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#35 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

elessar who is the girl in your avatar?

#36 naf

naf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

The controller appears to be the standard bundled variety with $59.99 referring to blops. Looks like it just lists everything, such as 'built in wifi'

#37 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

The controller appears to be the standard bundled variety with $59.99 referring to blops. Looks like it just lists everything, such as 'built in wifi'

God damn dumb-ass Target. =/ HERE'S A NEW BUNDLE EVERYONE ELSE HAS, WHAT A VALUE! /endrant

#38 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

I also doubt that Target is throwing in a second PS3 controller for free... hmm.

I'd believe it. NewEgg is throwing in a 2nd PS3 controller ("$59.99 savings") if you buy the vanilla 160GB PS3. It is the red God of War Dualshock.
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#39 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

$50gc with purchase of Xbox 360 4GB or 320GB PS3 Move System

Xbox 360 $199
Xbox 360 Kinect $299
PS3 320 Move $450?

I'm guessing it's the Kinect bundle.

#40 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

Good price on AC:B for PC right? Anyone think it's worth waiting for that to go lower?

#41 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

Good price on AC:B for PC right? Anyone think it's worth waiting for that to go lower?

For the PC version, probably not gonna happen since they don't do PC game re-issues. I would say the only time the PC version might dip will be later in this year, to $20. AC2 only hit $20 new recently.

Also @ Parker

I saw that deal but Target =/= NewEgg.

My money's on there not being a second controller.

#42 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

I think any 360 slim model that isn't the 4GB Kinect bundle has been getting screwed, but yeah... Microsoft has been screwing the 250 gb console too, charging $100 extra for the expanded HD space with no other incentives.

As I posted before, most 250GB bundles not including the kinect do come with bonus games..no? At least at my retailer forza and alan wake come free. So, to a minor extent, there are additional features with a retail of like $40. I agree it's minor stuff considering how old the games are but earlier in the year it did come with COD:BO for free (just like the PS3 will shortly).

#43 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

As I posted before, most 250GB bundles not including the kinect do come with bonus games..no? At least at my retailer forza and alan wake come free. So, to a minor extent, there are additional features with a retail of like $40. I agree it's minor stuff considering how old the games are but earlier in the year it did come with COD:BO for free (just like the PS3 will shortly).

Really? They're still carrying the Holiday 2010 bundle? I'm surprised. (That's the bundle I picked up for my 360, just annoyed Alan Wake is a voucher and the Forza 3 isn't the Ultimate edition), the problem is they aren't giving GCs on 250 GB bundles aside from the 250 GB + Kinect, I don't think. Even then, most of the GCs are given to the 4 GB + Kinect.

#44 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

Really? They're still carrying the Holiday 2010 bundle? I'm surprised. (That's the bundle I picked up for my 360, just annoyed Alan Wake is a voucher and the Forza 3 isn't the Ultimate edition), the problem is they aren't giving GCs on bundles aside from the 250 GB + Kinect, I don't think.

It's our everyday 250GB Bundle afaik. It has been since after BF last year. Any new shipments have been that system. As for giftcards, I'm obviously unfamiliar with Josh's company but as for my own employer..we do have a couple slated for this year related to the 360.

But neither of us can tell them this early :cry:

#45 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

It's our everyday 250GB Bundle afaik. It has been since after BF last year. Any new shipments have been that system. As for giftcards, I'm obviously unfamiliar with Josh's company but as for my own employer..we do have a couple slated for this year related to the 360.

But neither of us can tell them this early :cry:

Well, I wouldn't expect you to be able to. Odd, how much is the MSRP on them now? Do you know?

I remember picking up the Holiday 2010 250 GB Slim Alan Wake/Forza 3 bundle ($300 MSRP) this January from TRU with a $50 GC (originally meant for non-bundle 250 GB slims which were selling for the same price -_-).

I say that I'm surprised the bundles are being carried because they haven't been for sale from Xbox.com for ages. I just checked TRU however, they're selling the console solely for $300, and a gaming essentials package (Holiday 2010 bundle + extra controller + HDMI cable) for $370. Wow, they've got an Elite bundle with MW2 and an extra controller on there for $350. I'm pretty sure that's a Superelite, and not a Slim.

#46 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

Well you're Best Buy Mole is back with next weeks ad!

250Gb Xbox 360>>>>>$299.99

FREE $50 Gift Card

Turtle Beach X41>>>>>$149.99
3-Month Xbox Live Gold>>>>>$14.99

:360::ps3: Hunted The Demon's Forge>>>>>$59.99 (:pc: $49.99)

Best Buy Exclusive: Griffin Pack

:360::ps3: L.A. Noire>>>>>$59.99
:360::ps3: Dirt 3>>>>>$59.99
:360::ps3: Brink>>>>>$59.99 (:pc: $49.99)

Pre-Order Modern Warfare 3 and Save $10 on ANY Call of Duty Game
:360::ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops>>>>>$59.99 (:pc: $49.99)
:360::ps3: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2>>>>>$49.99 (:pc: $39.99)

FREE Nintendo Select Game with Purchase of this Wii Console
Nintendo Wii w/Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort>>>>>$149.99

Nintendo Select Titles Include:

• Animal Crossing City Folk>>>>>$19.99
  • Mario Super Sluggers>>>>>$19.99
  • Wii Sports>>>>>$19.99
  • Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess>>>>>$19.99

Save $10 When you buy BOTH a Wii Remote and Nunchuck
Wii Remote Plus>>>>>$39.99
Nunchuk>>>>>$19.99

:wii: New Carnival Games>>>>>$19.99
:wii: Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4>>>>>$19.99
:wii: Lego Batman>>>>>$9.99
:wii: Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga>>>>>$9.99

:pc: The Sims 3 Generations Expansion Pack>>>>>$39.99

FREE $5 Gift Card with Purchase

Edited by MidnightMetal, 28 May 2011 - 05:16 PM.

MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#47 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:56 PM

Lots of love for the 250 GB 360 this week (though it's looking like it's only a $50 GC when you buy a non-bundle one?) wonder if that has to do with anything @ E3.

Live card is bleh, that's still $60 for a year.

MSRP prices on new titles... great.

MW3 pre-order deal is absolute shit when offering over-priced CoD games @ MSRP. Worthless.

Now the real deals this week from BB are Wii-related. I like how the new Wii bundle'll come with a free Nintendo Select game (the pickings are slim now, but Twilight Princess and AC: City Folk are pretty good titles for those who are NOW getting a Wii). ... That Wii remote/Nunchuck deal is pretty bleh. And the Lego Wii game deals are pretty good, surprisingly.

Not a terrible week for Wii-owners or Wii-owners-to-be @ BB.

Thanks OP!

#48 mozillameister

mozillameister

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:10 AM

Anything good on TV's next week? I'm about to pull the trigger on the Insignia 42 inch Plasma, but I'd rather get an LCD. Afraid of burn in with games and plugging into my computer. I know there's some good deals online, but I've heard enough stories of people getting their TV's shipped cracked to be trepedacious. If its damaged, all I have to do is go to Bestbuy and exchange it, which is hell of a lot easier than having to ship a big and heavy TV back.

#49 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

Anything good on TV's next week? I'm about to pull the trigger on the Insignia 42 inch Plasma, but I'd rather get an LCD. Afraid of burn in with games and plugging into my computer. I know there's some good deals online, but I've heard enough stories of people getting their TV's shipped cracked to be trepedacious. If its damaged, all I have to do is go to Bestbuy and exchange it, which is hell of a lot easier than having to ship a big and heavy TV back.

Personally I'd recommend Wal-Mart for tv's only because our return policy is 90 days and our easy price match policy if anyone has it lower. Not trying to steal from k-mart with Josh around, just pointing it out. I'd never advise a plasma for gamers or pc guy for the burn in reasons. What is your budget and size range? I can link you to the better deals from personal knowledge.

#50 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

Fair enough. The way the OP was written, it looked like they were including a 2nd controller and considering that NewEgg was including a special Dualshock, it didn't seem too unrealistic of a deal for Target to do it as well.

I have seen the Target ad and it is written as: "Black Ops game (a $59.99 value) and wireless controller."

And, I know Target doesn't equal NewEgg, duh. ;)
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#51 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

Fair enough. The way the OP was written, it looked like they were including a 2nd controller and considering that NewEgg was including a special Dualshock, it didn't seem too unrealistic of a deal for Target to do it as well.

I have seen the Target ad and it is written as: "Black Ops game (a $59.99 value) and wireless controller."

And, I know Target doesn't equal NewEgg, duh. ;)

If only it did though, if only. But I more meant that NewEgg is better about deals like that.

So I assume that more or less means there's no free second wireless controller. : ( Damn.

#52 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:09 AM

Please keep all posts not relevant to thread to a minimum. If you have questions on the ad, please PM me with your questions.

#53 dodgers237

dodgers237

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

Any good laptop deals. I need one.

#54 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:06 AM

LOL 60$ for L.A. Noire? NO WAY! What a steal!

#55 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:54 AM

lol 60$ for l.a. Noire? No way! What a steal!

But it comes with the suit, dude! /endsarcasm

Edited by BobbyTastic, 28 May 2011 - 06:44 PM.

#56 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:09 AM

Might get in on the Wii deal. Now trying to decide which bundle to get. I'm banking on Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports Resort eventually becoming Nintendo Selects. So it will be either bundle with Zelda Twilight Princess or Wii Sports for free (obviously Wii Sports will be paired with the Mario Kart bundle).

I've finished Zelda, but never found everything like I did with Ocarina of Time. I can also get Wii Sports used second hand. Not really interested in Mario baseball.

#57 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:31 AM

Receive a free $10 Target GiftCard with purchase of Sims Medieval (on sale for $29.99) and Sims 3 Generations (available Tues., May 31).

I've read this and re-read this and am still confused. Sims Medieval is onsale for $30. Does the $10 gift card only come with the purchase of both? Or is it with the purchase of one?

Sims Medieval for $30 w/ $10 gift card would be awesome.

#58 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

Might get in on the Wii deal. Now trying to decide which bundle to get. I'm banking on Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports Resort eventually becoming Nintendo Selects. So it will be either bundle with Zelda Twilight Princess or Wii Sports for free (obviously Wii Sports will be paired with the Mario Kart bundle).

I've finished Zelda, but never found everything like I did with Ocarina of Time. I can also get Wii Sports used second hand. Not really interested in Mario baseball.

If you think Mario Kart Wii will become a Nintendo Select (probably), I'd go with the WS+WSR bundle, since you're technically getting more titles which will be @ the same price. I'm not sure exactly what accessories each bundle comes with though. Of all the Nintendo Selects, I kinda scratched my head @ Mario Super Sluggers (It's the only one I don't own). I'd recommend Animal Crossing, if you've yet to play/buy it but you'll benefit more if you have the Wii Speak thingy (I think it's around $20).

#59 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:42 AM

I've read this and re-read this and am still confused. Sims Medieval is onsale for $30. Does the $10 gift card only come with the purchase of both? Or is it with the purchase of one?

Sims Medieval for $30 w/ $10 gift card would be awesome.

I think this is Target's upcoming weekly ad (not just a one-day sale thing), so it'll probably be both since it says AND and not OR. I've come to expect less of a deal from Target, if you haven't noticed. :P

#60 mblackwl

mblackwl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

Not quite sure why you're having problems here.

Receive a free $10 Target GiftCard with purchase of Sims Medieval (on sale for $29.99) and Sims 3 Generations (available Tues., May 31).

Buy Medieval *and* Generations and get a $10 giftcard. Target does "Buy two items together and get a gift card" deals in almost every week's DVD section. There's no real reason to expect them to be offering a $10 GC with both items or to knock down Medieval's price by $20 plus give a gift card.