Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/29/11 to 6/4/11)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#61 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

MIght just get Assasins Creed Brotherhood.

FYI that's the new MSRP for Brotherhood.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#62 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:04 AM

FYI that's the new MSRP for Brotherhood.

As in, don't get it @ that price until the re-issue comes out in June (with possible DLC), or try using the coupon in @Gamer to get $15 off of it @ BestBuy.

#63 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:44 AM

But it comes with the suit, dude!

Yeah but I got the suit buying the game when it first came out.. and that's when all these gift card deals were going around. Calling a 60$ game a deal isn't really saying much when there's nothing extra offered.

#64 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

I'm more interested in the unadvertised deals + the memorial day sale too.

#65 DrunkTigerWoods

DrunkTigerWoods

Madness and malarkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

Looking at the ad, the free wii select game is only valid with the wii sports bundle.

552494.png

:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection 

#66 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

Yeah but I got the suit buying the game when it first came out.. and that's when all these gift card deals were going around. Calling a 60$ game a deal isn't really saying much when there's nothing extra offered.

Every retailer does this, man. They have recent releases in the flier, at full price to "remind" people they are available for purchases. Kmart, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy..we all do that. So, yes, it's not exactly a "CAG-deal" but it's normal advertising.

Moving on...

#67 Lhallfin

Lhallfin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

I know everyone seems to think the coupons mean theres a price cut ahead and there probably will be for ps3 (my vote is 50).

But I think the main push for coupons right now on consoles is to try to get parents to buy them for their 6 - 15 y/o's before summer starts.

That way their buying games thru the summer which is usually a much slower electroinics sales period.

#68 ivos

ivos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

I am not sure if PS 3 will drop the price. As this was practice with Sony, they mostly add more stuff for the same price rather to cut the price in their on (unless Microsoft did it with XBOX 360). Example are all this bundles with game in and the latest with BLOPS coming May 29th. Sony most likely will upograde the PS 3 for the same price (HD space game and others). This beind said the smaller HD models 160 GB may go on sell or clearance in some retailers, so cheaper price are still possible.

#69 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

thanks for this . i like this add..

Games My life..8.gif

#70 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

Looking at the ad, the free wii select game is only valid with the wii sports bundle.

Ah good call, which is odd because it says 'when you buy ANY Wii console'.

But this is true it does EXCLUDE the MarioKart Bundle. (Fixing OP)
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#71 xvszero

xvszero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

I want some new DS games although I sort of suspect they won't have many of the games I want (Okamiden, Radiant Historia, Ghost Trick, Monster Tale...) If I can get 2 of those, sweet. If not, I might have to figure something else out.

#72 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

Might get in on the Wii deal. Now trying to decide which bundle to get. I'm banking on Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports Resort eventually becoming Nintendo Selects. So it will be either bundle with Zelda Twilight Princess or Wii Sports for free (obviously Wii Sports will be paired with the Mario Kart bundle).

I've finished Zelda, but never found everything like I did with Ocarina of Time. I can also get Wii Sports used second hand. Not really interested in Mario baseball.

Gonna give you another reply now that we know it doesn't stack with the Mario Kart Wii bundle (which was actually a nice deal, way to trash your best deal this week, BB =/).

WS+WSR+Nintendo Select game is now a no-brainer, go for it. It's not like there's gonna be a new model/price-drop after E3 or anything.

Also, @IronZombie/Capones I'm well aware, I edited my post for clarification. : D

#73 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

They have another good reason to. The PSN breach. Lower PS3 prices new might cause people to not sell theirs, and get new users on board.

#74 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

LOL 60$ for L.A. Noire? NO WAY! What a steal!

Best deal going is a $10 giftcard w/purchase @ PCR
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=295812
they also have splatterhouse for $20 just pm'd it at BB good deal for a so so game.

#75 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

Best deal going is a $10 giftcard w/purchase @ PCR
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=295812
they also have splatterhouse for $20 just pm'd it at BB good deal for a so so game.

K-mart has Splatterhouse on sale for $20 this week too (today's the last day), but it's good to see BB PMing. I picked it up and aside from the loading times it's been worth $20. Have you installed it to your HD yet?

#76 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

K-mart has Splatterhouse on sale for $20 this week too (today's the last day), but it's good to see BB PMing. I picked it up and aside from the loading times it's been worth $20. Have you installed it to your HD yet?

it won't see the inside of my PS3 for some time backlog.

#77 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

They have another good reason to. The PSN breach. Lower PS3 prices new might cause people to not sell theirs, and get new users on board.

Actually, Sony might not feel that threatened right now. http://www.gamespot....sn-outage-study

Forgive me if you don't like the news source, but I've seen other places post similar conclusions.

But we can only hope they'd be nice enough to consider the PSN breach when debating a price drop.

Edited by BobbyTastic, 29 May 2011 - 05:45 AM.

#78 rpgfan

rpgfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

So you're telling me, I'm going to get a Black Ops game and a special edition black ops controller? This is unrealistic, can someone provide us with proof such as photo that emphasizes the controller?

#79 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

Gonna give you another reply now that we know it doesn't stack with the Mario Kart Wii bundle (which was actually a nice deal, way to trash your best deal this week, BB =/).

WS+WSR+Nintendo Select game is now a no-brainer, go for it. It's not like there's gonna be a new model/price-drop after E3 or anything.

Yeah it is kind of disappointing that Best Buy is excluding the the Mario Kart Wii bundle from this deal. Still an option to get Zelda with the Wii Sports/Resort bundle, but I was hoping Kmart was going to do something better.

I still have a $20 off coupon from L.A. Noire that expires in late June from Kmart, but I got no response in their thread about any Wii bundle deals. So it is either next week for Best Buy or Kmart, with that coupon before the end of June.

I was hoping for a retailer to offer something else like a free additional game or Wiimote and a gift card/coupon. I'm not really in a hurry to get a Wii and can wait to see what Project Cafe is all about.

#80 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:10 AM

Yeah it is kind of disappointing that Best Buy is excluding the the Mario Kart Wii bundle from this deal. Still an option to get Zelda with the Wii Sports/Resort bundle, but I was hoping Kmart was going to do something better.

I still have a $20 off coupon from L.A. Noire that expires in late June from Kmart, but I got no response in their thread about any Wii bundle deals. So it is either next week for Best Buy or Kmart, with that coupon before the end of June.

I was hoping for a retailer to offer something else like a free additional game or Wiimote and a gift card/coupon. I'm not really in a hurry to get a Wii and can wait to see what Project Cafe is all about.

Sorry I couldn't answer you, I'd rather not make shit up. But, if you managed to pull it off, it'd be $20 off the Wii bundle ($130) and then you'd get a free $25 to spend on a Nintendo Select, or anything else, even. I don't know if they count tax as part of that $150 ceiling though, cause otherwise you'd definitely be over. It's worth going to K-mart and giving it a shot though, you could always just buy another $20 purchase on top of that, like even a gift card or something that you wouldn't really lose money on.

#81 thanossurfer

thanossurfer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

I do not think there is a special controller with this bundle. You get the 160gb slim console, a wireless standard controller, Black Ops game and the First Strike DLC.

#82 Kezay

Kezay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

I want some new DS games although I sort of suspect they won't have many of the games I want (Okamiden, Radiant Historia, Ghost Trick, Monster Tale...) If I can get 2 of those, sweet. If not, I might have to figure something else out.

I don't think TRU carries Radiant Historia (I know my store doesn't) but it has all the other games you listed. Ghost Trick might be tough to come across if they've sold out since I don't think they're going to ship any more of those, but both Okamiden and Monster Tale are fairly recent and I think are still in pretty good circulation.

#83 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

Man the 3ds launch library is sooooo bad that this sale isn't making me buy a 3ds. I bet the ngp will have uncharted and other great games at launch ( uncharted and other ngp games will be at kiosks at this years e3 so that's a good sign its comming out this year ) now if super smash brothers was announced for the 3ds then I would reconsider getting a 3ds just not at full price though. while the 3d works well it hurts your eyes and it kills the battery which Makes the gimmick pointless. From experience playing it at gamestop you can barley use it. Does anyone else feel this
way ?

I know exactly what you mean. I was playing the new street fighter game on the 3DS at gamestop a few nights ago and I could never really see the 3D. The only time I knew the 3D was on cause it was making my head and eyes hurt. The sad thing is I know I'll buy one once paper Mario comes out. Im just a little pissed that the whole 3D is wasted on me. Especially since it's the so called selling point.

#84 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:35 AM

I know exactly what you mean. I was playing the new street fighter game on the 3DS at gamestop a few nights ago and I could never really see the 3D. The only time I knew the 3D was on cause it was making my head and eyes hurt. The sad thing is I know I'll buy one once paper Mario comes out. Im just a little pissed that the whole 3D is wasted on me. Especially since it's the so called selling point.

Same here, but maybe it's cause I didn't like playing PilotWings in general/I'm confused about what exactly is supposed to be in 3D. Would wearing glasses affect seeing the 3D?
I'm still waiting on a 3DS Lite/games that are good enough to be played in solely 2D.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#85 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:37 AM

So you're telling me, I'm going to get a Black Ops game and a special edition black ops controller? This is unrealistic, can someone provide us with proof such as photo that emphasizes the controller?

Wow. You read the OP and thread all wrong. :lol:
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#86 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

Wow. You read the OP and thread all wrong. :lol:

Perhaps one of the best misinterpretations of the year.

The special BlOps controller would be made out of foam, just for those occasions where you're getting pwned online and feel the need to throw your controller at the screen.

It would also include a self-destruct feature to take effect when Modern Warfare 3 and its controller comes out.

#87 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

As in, don't get it @ that price until the re-issue comes out in June (with possible DLC), or try using the coupon in @Gamer to get $15 off of it @ BestBuy.

As in, wait for the 33/50/75% sale on Steam/D2D/Impulse/Whatever or a holiday sale. Or wait for the used versions on your favorite console to trickle down toward the sub-$20 mark.

(AC2 for PC was $15 (on Amazon) for a long time last year after the whole "Gotta be online every second you play" fiasco that led to no one buying the PC version. I think Ubisoft learned a valuable lesson there. It seems every publisher has to learn the lesson the hard way (ie., EA with C&C4 is another example).)

If you wait a year and play each AC a year after its release, you get insanely great deals on them. $5 for AC, then I got AC2 for $7.50 at Target recently. I imagine next year I'll get AC:B for $7.50-$10. Games on PC that Ubisoft has the gall to list $60 MSRP for less than $10. Sign me up.

I don't think $30 is quite low enough no matter what platform you want to play on. PC is almost certain to have a discount either this Summer or come Fall/Winter since the economy is still tanking. Probably $10-ish. And like I said before, even less next year. And for consoles, well the standard price being $30 (if that's true) suggests GS/Amazon sales might push prices down lower from there, especially on the corresponding used listings.

It doesn't hurt that Ubisoft loves to discount a game the second its sales dip even a little.

#88 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:32 AM

As in, wait for the 33/50/75% sale on Steam/D2D/Impulse/Whatever or a holiday sale. Or wait for the used versions on your favorite console to trickle down toward the sub-$20 mark.

(AC2 for PC was $15 (on Amazon) for a long time last year after the whole "Gotta be online every second you play" fiasco that led to no one buying the PC version. I think Ubisoft learned a valuable lesson there. It seems every publisher has to learn the lesson the hard way (ie., EA with C&C4 is another example).)

If you wait a year and play each AC a year after its release, you get insanely great deals on them. $5 for AC, then I got AC2 for $7.50 at Target recently. I imagine next year I'll get AC:B for $7.50-$10. Games on PC that Ubisoft has the gall to list $60 MSRP for less than $10. Sign me up.

I don't think $30 is quite low enough no matter what platform you want to play on. PC is almost certain to have a discount either this Summer or come Fall/Winter since the economy is still tanking. Probably $10-ish. And like I said before, even less next year. And for consoles, well the standard price being $30 (if that's true) suggests GS/Amazon sales might push prices down lower from there, especially on the corresponding used listings.

It doesn't hurt that Ubisoft loves to discount a game the second its sales dip even a little.

$20 or less is my price-point for both ACII and AC: Bro, especially if the AC: Bro reissue comes with DLC. Ubisoft is (good or bad, depending on how you look at it) about price-drops, I see your point. For the console gamers among us who don't get awesome sales like that, I'd say get in @ $20 and under like myself. : D

#89 robbrism

robbrism

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

I need a second 360 and I am hoping Amazon will price match the $50 GC deal for the 250gb. I emailed them so I am crossing my fingers.

Are there any new 360 bundles expected to come out soon? I already have a Kinect so I just want the 250gb version.

#90 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

Are the x41s MSRP?