Photo
- - - - -

Infamous 2 Target $29.56 - Very YMMV (Online Only sticker on back over UPC)

• Please log in to reply
687 replies to this topic

#31 dboy81

dboy81

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

The MLB 11 price mistake was pretty wide spread so if you happen to be out or going to Target anyway, recommend giving it a shot. Once the MLB 11 word got out, availability dried up pretty quickly as I remember.

#32 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

Lol OP bought Infamous 1 for 30 bucks and he thinks this is a good deal. It's gonna be free for everyone tomorrow lol

wow lol

#33 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

Ironically this happened once again to a Sony published game.

This could possibly happen again for Uncharted 3.

Interesting to say the least.....

#34 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

Lots of noobs posting in this thread. Their is a an extremely good chance that this is legit but an equally good chance that it is SUPER YMMV

#35 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

So basically this isn't even a regional deal, it's an extreme YMMV deal that could very well only affect one store. Man, I got flamed pretty hard when I posted one of these before...

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#36 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

So basically this isn't even a regional deal, it's an extreme YMMV deal that could very well only affect one store. Man, I got flamed pretty hard when I posted one of these before...

No, not necessarily. The last time this happened (again, with MLB 11), it was spread across numerous Targets around the country.

#37 dboy81

dboy81

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Lots of noobs posting in this thread. Their is a an extremely good chance that this is legit but an equally good chance that it is SUPER YMMV

Yup... These are the same threadcrapping noobs who are running out to Target now to see if it's real, then won't post anything if they find it.

#38 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

if you found infamous 2 for 30 bucks i will buy a copy from you for 40 :D

HERE is an auction to check out for reference. It ends in about 25 mins.

#39 MrOlympiaSC

MrOlympiaSC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

...try reading the thread.

Those periods before your post really help you make your point.

#40 Illpoint

Illpoint

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

Went and checked my Target... No dice. I was hoping this was true. Still no proof yet.

#41 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

All of you guys posting "lol he bought infamous 1 for $30" and "lul he prob bought 2 copies of infamous 1 xD" need to brush up on your deal history. When MLB The Show 11 came out, Target accidentally put it out on clearance for $29.98. It wasn't really regional, either, a LOT of people got in on the deal. The OP didn't immediately provide proof, but he later did, and a lot of CAG's went to their store and got in on the deal, too.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=288294

So I'm not immediately writing this off. I'll definitely check out my Target today.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#42 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hopefully someone in Metro-detroit can find a location that put this out. the couple locations I checked this morning had nothing.

#43 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

No, not necessarily. The last time this happened (again, with MLB 11), it was spread across numerous Targets around the country.

Ah, so it has the POTENTIAL to be a fairly wide spread deal. I guess it could be like the first time when DA: O UE went on clearance, how it was a mistake but officially came down from corporate to start the clearance cycle. I'm guessing all it would take would be a few accidental mouse clicks by somebody at corporate to start the clearance ball rolling on anything.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#44 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'm starting to doubt if their is as much money in prerelease resale. Their are at least six auctions with sellers who are able to ship it today and as more get put up I think the value will drop. They'll defiantly fetch more money then retail but in November I had buyers offering $150+ for the vanilla copy of Black Ops if they could get it the weekend before release date.

#45 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

Those periods before your post really help you make your point.

I am glad that they could assist you

#46 RedRingOfDeath

RedRingOfDeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

HERE is an auction to check out for reference. It ends in about 25 mins.

That could have just as easily been from the Subway promo. That is how I got my 2 copies...

I know the muffin man!

#47 lionheart4life

lionheart4life

The Human Suplex Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

Black Ops was a lot more in demand than Infamous 2. There are a lot of people who only play call of duty games.

I'm not going to bother checking for this, there is no way it won't be dead by now.
Posted Image

#48 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

Ah, so it has the POTENTIAL to be a fairly wide spread deal. I guess it could be like the first time when DA: O UE went on clearance, how it was a mistake but officially came down from corporate to start the clearance cycle. I'm guessing all it would take would be a few accidental mouse clicks by somebody at corporate to start the clearance ball rolling on anything.

Yep, that would be an accurate way of looking at it. I wish I knew why it affects some stores and not others though. With both that DA example you provided and the MLB example, it doesn't appear it was region based. Even Targets within the same district would not be consistent with one another.

#49 RedRingOfDeath

RedRingOfDeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

I'm starting to doubt if their is as much money in prerelease resale. Their are at least six auctions with sellers who are able to ship it today and as more get put up I think the value will drop. They'll defiantly fetch more money then retail but in November I had buyers offering $150+ for the vanilla copy of Black Ops if they could get it the weekend before release date.

Again, all those could easily have been from the Subway promo earlier this year. One CAG member claims he got something like 6 copies of inFamous 2 he won...cant remember the exact number, check the trade section. I had 2 copies until I just recently finalized a deal to trade 1 to a fellow CAG.

EDIT: If you look, some of the auctions for inFamous 2 even show the Subway letter they got for winning the game! Sheesh, its obvious now...

I know the muffin man!

#50 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

ITT: Posted Image

#51 WiiShopChannels

WiiShopChannels

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

will probably swing by a Target or two in Houston...Targets do open today right??

Looking for some new PS4 friends....feel free to add me. 

PSN: tallytabletommy

#52 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

No go at my store, but then again mine blows ass.

#53 0_0

0_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

will probably swing by a Target or two in Houston...Targets do open today right??

pick one up for me! I live in Houston as well

#54 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

For those reading this thread at Target right now, here's the DCPI for price checking purposes

241-24-2657

Posted Image

#55 Jada225kiss

Jada225kiss

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

Let me know which ones you go to in Houston. I will check out the Target in the Heights this afternoon

#56 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

Again, all those could easily have been from the Subway promo earlier this year. One CAG member claims he got something like 6 copies of inFamous 2 he won...cant remember the exact number, check the trade section. I had 2 copies until I just recently finalized a deal to trade 1 to a fellow CAG.

EDIT: If you look, some of the auctions for inFamous 2 even show the Subway letter they got for winning the game! Sheesh, its obvious now...

I still don't understand your point. I was referring to the resale value pre release date regardless if they came from Subway or Target.

If your point was that you don't think the OP got this from Target then you obviously don't follow the threads on this site

#57 actripxl

actripxl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

I work for Target part time, and as far a my store here in Chicago we have not received the game. We typically don't get the game until 3-4 days prior to release, not only that but unless this is a corporate mistake the register will not let an item to be sold ahead of street date.

51446.png

Can't wait for the next Uncharted and Halo on my next-gen systems!

#58 RedRingOfDeath

RedRingOfDeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

I still don't understand your point. I was referring to the resale value pre release date regardless if they came from Subway or Target.

If your point was that you don't think the OP got this from Target then you obviously don't follow the threads on this site

I must have misunderstood your point. I thought you were pointing to those auctions as proof that the game was released early by Target. If that is incorrect than it is clearly my misunderstanding and I apologize for any hardships you may incur as a result of my incorrect comments.

I know the muffin man!

#59 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

I work for Target part time, and as far a my store here in Chicago we have not received the game. We typically don't get the game until 3-4 days prior to release, not only that but unless this is a corporate mistake the register will not let an item to be sold ahead of street date.

If it's a clearance like The Show 11 was, they see the clearance sticker and think that it's out of the system and force it through. Either that, or there's a new UPC they enter that isn't locked.

Posted Image

#60 Aznchaos3

Aznchaos3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

$29.56 isn't even a clearance price...shouldn't it be more like $29.98?
Track...the only time it's ok for a man with a gun to tell you to take your pants off :)