GGT #115 Ain't No Need For Trunks E3 Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hankmecrankme']I thought this was some $$$$$$ ass Dragon Ball reference.

Turns out, it's just Captain Jo-El.

:grouphug:[/QUOTE]
:grouphug:
You know me, Hank :cool:

------
I'm ten hours into DA2 and I'm really starting to dislike the feeling of being boxed into Kirkwall.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I thought this was some $$$$$$ ass Dragon Ball reference.

Turns out, it's just Captain Jo-El.

:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Happened to also me.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']

------
I'm ten hours into DA2 and I'm really starting to dislike the feeling of being boxed into Kirkwall.[/QUOTE]

Take a break.

Go back in a few days or something. That tends to happen to me in most long games.

[quote name='ihadFG']Take a break.

Go back in a few days or something. That tends to happen to me in most long games.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that DA2 practically never leaves Kirkwall :) So he should stop playing DA2 and play The Witcher instead.

[quote name='ihadFG']Take a break.

Go back in a few days or something. That tends to happen to me in most long games.[/QUOTE]That's what I'll be doing a majority of this week. I'm going to be reallllly busy. :cry:

[quote name='j-cart']The problem is that DA2 practically never leaves Kirkwall :) So he should stop playing DA2 and play The Witcher instead.[/QUOTE]
Already played the first Witcher and beat it back when it came out and I don't plan on getting the second one unless it has a console release.

[quote name='j-cart']The problem is that DA2 practically never leaves Kirkwall :) So he should stop playing DA2 and play The Witcher instead.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I meant if he takes a break, he won't be so sick of Kirkwall when he goes back.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Uraizen, what was up with the steam gift? It now says it's invalid?[/QUOTE]

I've been sending it to a new person every 24 hours until it reaches somebody who actually owns the game.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, but I meant if he takes a break, he won't be so sick of Kirkwall when he goes back.[/QUOTE]

Why are you still here and not playing the game I bought you?

[quote name='distgfx']I've been sending it to a new person every 24 hours until it reaches somebody who actually owns the game.

Why are you still here and not playing the game I bought you?[/QUOTE]

Can't you see the games I own since we're steam friends?

I just checked and yes, I own Beat Hazard... not sure if I needed more than the stock game or if someone else redeemed it while I wasn't on.

Yah...

We need trunks

03301.jpg

Man, I was going to romance Merill, but she said something and I realized she was Gwen from Torchwood so I said fuck it. I'm going to romance Isabela now. The chick that plays Isabela is pretty fucking gorgeous, too.

I completed the romance with Merill, but the ending said I was with Isabella even though my Hawke quite clearly hit it and quit it.

I wonder how many people are going to get into the Uncharted 3 beta - it's for Plus subscribers, but when it goes live on the 28th people will probably still be in the middle of their free 30 days.

I bought a
Sonic comic today

Yep.

Then I went to Barnes and Noble and went into the
kids section
and read some of them there.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Can't you see the games I own since we're steam friends?

I just checked and yes, I own Beat Hazard... not sure if I needed more than the stock game or if someone else redeemed it while I wasn't on.[/QUOTE]

I thought it would be more fun if I just sent it out randomly. Looks like Hank is the one who redeemed it.

[quote name='whoknows']I'd pay up to $100 a month to play CoD online.

It's just that great.[/QUOTE]

Of course. Because a dollar per hour is a perfect way to judge a game's worth without exception, that means I only have to play about a measly 3 hours a day to reach that goal. As my mom is always telling me when I yell at her to get me more cheetos and Mountain Dew, "You play that game all day long! Get a job!" So obviously the lesson here is that I'll reach that goal of 3 hours a day easily.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You probably sent it to hank first. :p[/QUOTE]

Nope, sent it to you sometime yesterday or the day before, then to hank today.

[quote name='distgfx']Nope, sent it to you sometime yesterday or the day before, then to hank today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was yesterday while I was not anywhere near a computer and couldn't redeem it on my phone. :p

Thanks anyway though; at least I know why it's not valid now.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah it was yesterday while I was not anywhere near a computer and couldn't redeem it on my phone. :p

Thanks anyway though; at least I know why it's not valid now.[/QUOTE]

It was a piece of crap I bought for a dollar for chac, solely because he didn't have the game. It did nothing other than let you import a song into the game from itunes, lol.

[quote name='distgfx']It was a piece of crap I bought for a dollar for chac, solely because he didn't have the game. It did nothing other than let you import a song into the game from itunes, lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I looked up what it did now, and it is a piece of crap. I don't buy music from iTunes, so it would've been useless to me as well. ;)

It's the thought that counts though, friend-o. ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, I looked up what it did now, and it is a piece of crap. I don't buy music from iTunes, so it would've been useless to me as well. ;)

It's the thought that counts though, friend-o. ;)[/QUOTE]

The idea behind it was to piss off chac, then I saw it was never redeemed and started sending it out randomly for my own amusement.

[quote name='heavyd853']I just got a new phone. Is there anything worth getting on the android app store?[/QUOTE]
I just got an Android too (G2x) and wondering the same thing. So far the online things I've downloaded are...

AK Notepad
Alchemy
Amazon Appstore
Barcode Scanner
Deal Leak
eBay
Facebook
FX Camera
Google Sky Map
Math Maniac
MK Guide
Pandora
Reddit Is Fun
ESPN Scorecenter
Words With Friends
Yelp
Zedge

I usually just get whatever the Amazon free app of the day is. I haven't paid for an app yet, because I haven't seen anything worthwhile so far.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I just got an Android too (G2x) and wondering the same thing. So far the online things I've downloaded are...

AK Notepad
Alchemy
Amazon Appstore
Barcode Scanner
Deal Leak
eBay
Facebook
FX Camera
Google Sky Map
Math Maniac
MK Guide
Pandora
Reddit Is Fun
ESPN Scorecenter
Words With Friends
Yelp
Zedge[/QUOTE]

Power Amp was better than any of the other music players I tried, so I dropped the $5 on that.

Launcher Pro is the best Android style launcher out there, IMO. Worth paying for if you want some of the extras, like the ability to scale widgets.

Beautiful Widgets is a great HTC style widget for your homescreen that can do weather + clock.

Those are most of the ones I really dig.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I don't even have a smartphone because I don't want to pay for a data plan. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Same boat. But then again I don't care for a smartphone.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I don't even have a smartphone because I don't want to pay for a data plan. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Same. Although I do have an iPod Touch, so I can still play games.

$25/month from Virgin Mobile.

I would never have considered a smartphone if it wasn't for that.

Just completed another Agency Mission in Just Cause 2. I'm having a hard time playing this game due to how damn big it is. I get people like Open Worlds and all that, but there's a limit to how big these things should be, because sometimes it becomes too expansive to be much good.

Dead to Rights turned out pretty well...though the last boss fight was crappy. Plus 745/1000 pretty much just for playing through normally.

[quote name='KingBroly']Just completed another Agency Mission in Just Cause 2. I'm having a hard time playing this game due to how damn big it is. I get people like Open Worlds and all that, but there's a limit to how big these things should be, because sometimes it becomes too expansive to be much good.[/QUOTE]
Just explore and liberate villages. Then do the occasional stronghold takeover for additional spawn points.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm ten hours into DA2 and I'm really starting to dislike the feeling of being boxed into Kirkwall.[/QUOTE]

The 2nd patch for DA 2 should be out this week (European PS3 users already have it) so that is supposed to fix the 200 "issues" the first patch didn't fix according to Bioware. Start back up once that comes out. Check out the DA 2 thread in the 360 forum to find out when it goes up.

Well I beat the 3rd Birthday tonight and now the change in Aya makes sense, but wow is this a crazy story. If they continue on the consoles, I'm tempted to say they'd be better off retcon this game out of the timeline. I'm just glad this wasn't Other M 2.0 and that there was a story, wacky as it is, behind the whole thing.

Do any of the 200 fixes make the game any good? Everything I've seen of that game doesn't make me very interested in it.

I started Sly 1 of the Sly Collection. All I can say right now is that it's competent. It strikes the OCD in me, but doesn't go entirely overboard with it, which is nice. 1 hit kills and a lives system isn't.

I don't remember the lives systems and 1-hit kill system in Sly bothering me all that much. Then again the 2/4 hit kill system in DKCR is going to kill me.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The 2nd patch for DA 2 should be out this week (European PS3 users already have it) so that is supposed to fix the 200 "issues" the first patch didn't fix according to Bioware. Start back up once that comes out. Check out the DA 2 thread in the 360 forum to find out when it goes up.[/QUOTE]Good! I was honestly really surprised by all of the bugs that are still in the game, it'll be really nice to have some of the broke shit fixed.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I don't remember the lives systems and 1-hit kill system in Sly bothering me all that much. Then again the 2/4 hit kill system in DKCR is going to kill me.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't remember it being a bitch in some levels back when I played it originally but when I played it early last month some of those levels made me rage. The Voodoo Swamp place being the most annoying.

--------
Hey guys, in DA2 how do I use my dog? He's not selectable for my party like the last game, he's just being a lump back at my mansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back