Amazon Anime Blu-ray Sale FMP Fumoffu, Nausica, Eden of the East, Sengoku+more

How are the special features on Eden of the East, I just watched the whole series on netflix and loved it.

Edit: Purchased it with Summer Wars, thanks posting this OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to pick up Nausicaa... but I have a question for fellow CAGGERS.

Do you guys think that the price will drop below 17.99 for BR anytime in the next year?

[quote name='kyrhon']I would love to pick up Nausicaa... but I have a question for fellow CAGGERS.

Do you guys think that the price will drop below 17.99 for BR anytime in the next year?[/QUOTE]

I think a better question is do you want this item now or wait for months and months for it to possibly drop in price.

[quote name='kyrhon']I would love to pick up Nausicaa... but I have a question for fellow CAGGERS.

Do you guys think that the price will drop below 17.99 for BR anytime in the next year?[/QUOTE]

Disney, so this is probably the bottom out price.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']eden of the east will not go cheaper than that price for a while. i might jump on it.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily true, since I picked it up for $25 around Christmastime. Still, as I've said before, it's one of the best shows I've seen in the last five years, and I consider it a must-own.

how longs the sale going until? I was eyeballing Sengoku Basara since i own most everything else worth a damn there. Looks like a decent price. But i wanted to think about it untill tomorow or so

Question btw: is sky crawlers any good? I never watched it because of the crappy cg look. 10 bucks is cheap though

[quote name='Kenshindono']Question btw: is sky crawlers any good? I never watched it because of the crappy cg look. 10 bucks is cheap though[/QUOTE]

I really didn't care for it, but I dislike most everything Mamoru Oshii produces. He has this terrible habit of inserting ridiculous, overly-long, sophomoric philosophical exposition into all of his films, at which point I just throw up my arms and start swearing. This film is no different.

Sweet, I'll be picking up Nausicaa once it hits my gold box again (hopefully before the sale ends on the 20th). Thanks op.

[quote name='spike32']I would also like to know how long this sale is going on until?[/QUOTE]

The official Amazon anime blu sale ends June 20th.

Not sure when the Father's Day one ends though.

[quote name='Squarehard']The official Amazon anime blu sale ends June 20th.

Not sure when the Father's Day one ends though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, all I need is the anime sale, but Canada Post might be going on strike at midnight today which is why I would like to know. :cry:

Thanks again.

[quote name='Kenshindono']
Question btw: is sky crawlers any good? I never watched it because of the crappy cg look. 10 bucks is cheap though[/QUOTE]

It's a slow moving, navel-gazing, depressing little affair about a group of perma-teens fighting a meaningless series of air battles. If you don't like the visuals, I'd skip it unless the emo-flavored plotting sounds enjoyable. (I got mine for 4 bucks at a Hollywood video closeout... I suppose 5ish if you count the replacement blu-ray case I bought for it.)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']It's a slow moving, navel-gazing, depressing little affair about a group of perma-teens fighting a meaningless series of air battles. If you don't like the visuals, I'd skip it unless the emo-flavored plotting sounds enjoyable. (I got mine for 4 bucks at a Hollywood video closeout... I suppose 5ish if you count the replacement blu-ray case I bought for it.)[/QUOTE]

I agree, I was looking forward to it and tried to watch it 3 times, I still have not been able to get through it.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I picked up Nausicaa. I need to pick up Evangelion 2.22 next! Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Evangelion 2.22 if feaken amazing on bluray! I may have to get the complete east of eden set. The show was pretty good and origional but far from eva quality.

Amazon is getting lazy with their sales. I've seen FLCL and Eden of the East at those prices for a couple of weeks now. Still haven't pulled the trigger on buying yet unfortunately.

bread's done
Back