Photo
- - - - -

Nintendo E3 2011 Press Conference - Wii U, Luigi's Mansion 2, Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

• Please log in to reply
991 replies to this topic

#31 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

I had to work 3rd shift last night, but I'm going to try to stay awake for this.
Posted Image

#32 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

I really hope we get Super Mario Closet: Peach & Daisy's Big Secret

For either Wii, WiiWare, or DS.

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#34 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Personally I am hoping for Nintendo Beach Volleyball

http://oi52.tinypic.com/20rqqnn.jpg

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#35 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

Nah, they give the gay stuff to Wario. I mean, have you seen Wario? Daddy Bear likes yellow and purple, and his mustache alone has the gay power of 50 Rip Taylors.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Wow, I've always wondered who that guy was.

Today is off to a fabulous start.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#37 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

Posted Image

It's a Wii! WARIO! BAHAHAHAHA"

Now Playing:

#38 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

Anyone know if there are any third party conferences today and if so what time?

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#39 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

No conferences today

Also long time no see everybody

#40 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

* ticks off 2 new members to the Rip Taylor Fan Club *

I'll PM you guys about monthly dues. I know, I know, hard times and all, but the newsletter is totally worth it. Plus you get a bitchin deal on confetti from Rip's personal supplier.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

I'd be surprised with your Cafe launch pick... I see Pikmin 3 or one of the Nintendo racers (F-Zero, Wave Race, Mario Kart) as more likely contenders. But we should have a better idea in just a few hours...

I've been down on the Wii lately and on the fence about Cafe, but if they announced Pikmin, WaveRace and F-Zero for launch, I'm camping out for one.

#42 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

The NEW Legend of Zelda
- 2D overhead
- 4 player co-op
- Open World

That's my guess.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#43 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

I want to watch this.

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#44 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

I'm excited to see Cafe. Can't say I'm too excited about anything else. I won't be getting a 3DS until it drops at least $80 in price. If they were to announce such a price drop, now that would be exciting news!

Crunchewy.png

#45 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

As long as it isn't like E3 2008...

I need a new signature.

#46 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

I'm excited to see Cafe. Can't say I'm too excited about anything else. I won't be getting a 3DS until it drops at least $80 in price. If they were to announce such a price drop, now that would be exciting news!

Nintendo doesn't need a 3DS price cut. They will announce a 3D Mario game today and the internet will explode and 3DS handhelds will suddenly vanish off of shelves.

I need a new signature.

#47 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

I think Nintendo has been holding back 3DS games on purpose knowing that the Vita was coming and today they unleash the hounds and show off just about every iconic character they have in new games. Just my guess.

As for the console, I think if they show off gameplay in new IP's or at least games that don't end in the number 3 or even a Roman numeral III or 'The Third' they'll be in good shape, but that console better be ready to last a few years, not slightly more powerful than the 360. They need a 2-3 more powerful, just to be flexible for when the new systems roll out otherwise they'll be behind the 8-ball again.

By the by, anyone pick up a USA Today? The last time I was at E3, the one in the video above, I was there, USA Today spilled the beans on everything that was being shown at the press conference. I realized this as I walked out of my hotel room and saw it lying on the floor, everything I was about to see was laid out for me in color in the paper, it was like that old show, Early Edition, where the dude got tomorrow's paper and then tried to fix all the wrongs. Tangent. There's nothing online at the moment, but maybe because Nintendo has told them to hush up for now, but that doesn't stop the paper from running it since they can't put out updated version 90 minutes from now after everything has been announced.

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#48 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, I mentioned the Wii Music announcement at E3 in another thread, and a couple extremist fanboys showed up and started hurtful namecalling and accusing everyone of being turncoats, then a mod showed up and started editing/deleting posts, including mine, when all I did was talk about Wii Music. The lesson? You're either for Nintendo or you're agin em around here, I guess, and pointing out the embarrassment that is Wii Music falls under "agin em."

Leading with Wii Music 2 at E3 2011 would be the most hilarious and terrifying start I can possibly imagine. Just stick a bunch of dudes up on stage and have them mimic musical instruments with their wiimotes, and just after they've started out, you unfurl a banner behind them that reads "NOW WITH MOTIONPLUS CONTROL!" And then after that banner unfurls, you unfurl another banner that reads "AND SAXOPHONES!!!"

And then you pretty much watch the room clear out. Then you unfurl another banner that reads "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED." Then you waggle play the SMB theme on a marimba or some shit, whatever, I don't know how Wii Music works.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 eberm72492

eberm72492

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

Oh my gawd, i think this is the first time I've been excited for a Nintendo conference:bouncy:

#50 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

Hoping I can find some live updated text feed that's *not* on a game website (as those are blocked at work). Any suggestions? Any of the techy sites do that for E3?

#51 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

joystiq? they did sony, i checked from work last night.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 xmbri

xmbri

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

My belief is that Nintendo will go hardcore with the new system, while MS goes casual. I think Nintendo did this on purpose to lure the others into the casual realm. But sony balanced it well, while MS blatantly went into the casual market this time.
I'm excited to see Nintendo come out swinging. Love to see it!

#53 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

Nintendo will release toxic gas which causes the entire crowd to choke on their own melted innards as they vomit them up. Then a giant Mario robot will be released upon the public and will destroy L.A. in a fiery hell.

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png

#54 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hoping I can find some live updated text feed that's *not* on a game website (as those are blocked at work). Any suggestions? Any of the techy sites do that for E3?

Follow the Twitter?

#55 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

Is gametrailers doing their stream again today? G4 was fucking up last night and I don't want to miss a thing here because Nintendo can pull shit out of their hat any moment.

Seriously with Nintendo I am awaiting surprises, something I knew MS and Sony would not bring :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#56 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

Engadegt?

I need a new signature.

#57 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

joystiq? they did sony, i checked from work last night.

Joystiq is filtered, so no go there.

Follow the Twitter?

Social sites are also filtered. I suppose I could keep checking via my phone; I was just hoping "Wired" or a site like that would be running a text feed.

Engadegt?

I can get there! If they are running a feed, that's great. Thanks!

#58 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

Game|Life on Wired appears to be live blogging: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#59 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, I mentioned the Wii Music announcement at E3 in another thread, and a couple extremist fanboys showed up and started hurtful namecalling and accusing everyone of being turncoats, then a mod showed up and started editing/deleting posts, including mine, when all I did was talk about Wii Music. The lesson? You're either for Nintendo or you're agin em around here, I guess, and pointing out the embarrassment that is Wii Music falls under "agin em."

Leading with Wii Music 2 at E3 2011 would be the most hilarious and terrifying start I can possibly imagine. Just stick a bunch of dudes up on stage and have them mimic musical instruments with their wiimotes, and just after they've started out, you unfurl a banner behind them that reads "NOW WITH MOTIONPLUS CONTROL!" And then after that banner unfurls, you unfurl another banner that reads "AND SAXOPHONES!!!"

And then you pretty much watch the room clear out. Then you unfurl another banner that reads "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED." Then you waggle play the SMB theme on a marimba or some shit, whatever, I don't know how Wii Music works.

:rofl:
If they announce Wii Music 2 -- or something equally embarrassing --- I'm throwing my Wii in the trash.

Not to change subject, but I DID play Wii Music (gamefly rental) and the concept was neat. But a $50 game? If it was a $10 WiiWare, then I think most of us would have appreciated it better.

I REALLY WANT A NEW STAR FOX, PLEASE

Now Playing:

#60 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

Nintendo e3 CAG chat is up. http://tinychat.com/i6h2o

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png