5 reasons why Halo 1 is better than Halo 2.

TurboChickenMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
1. Texture detail.

If you zoom in on just about any texture in Halo 1, you'll see a very fine level of near-photographic detail. This ultra-fine layer is almost completely missing in Halo 2.

2. Lighting effects.

Although Halo 2's engine is capable of a very nice bloom effect, you rarely see it outside of cutscenes, and it always causes a framerate drop. Halo 1 gives us a beautiful neon-like glow effect visible on the sniper rifle's night-vision scope, door locks, vehicle headlights, switches, and plasma shots/hit marks. You can also use the almost photorealistic flashlight at any time (compared to just dark areas in Halo 2).

3. Story.

Halo 1's is simple, atmospheric, well-paced, and both literally & figuratively ends with a bang. Halo 2's is complicated, bland, rushed, and unfinished. Halo 1 feels like a grand adventure, while Halo 2 merely feels like a bunch of random flashy setpieces.

4. Weapon balance.

Halo 1: Although the pistol is a bit overpowered, everything else has it's pros & cons.

Halo 2: The sword & carbine are incredibly overpowered, the shotgun & needler are worthless, the sentinel beam is a tacked on bit of flash, and let's not forget the n00b combo!

5. Artificial intelligence.

Halo 1 gives us hiding, flanking, and grouping, all well executed. Halo 2 has the same features, but they feel a lot cheaper and more random. The enemy leans more towards brute force than strategy.

What say you? :whistle2:s

all my hatred towards halo 2 lies in its god aweful ending and ease or play. I got it day one and beat it a few hours later for probably one of the lamest endings to a blockbuster game. it pissed me off so much halo 2 remains the only game i have ever sold. It also kept me out of the halo world until the recent reach pricedrop and then i picked up 3, odst and reach at the same time. halo 1 is better than all of them. reach is dead last.

[quote name='kit352']...halo 1 is better than all of them. reach is dead last.[/QUOTE]

wow, that's a really strong opinion. guess my looking forward to the Halo 1 anniversary remake edition is justified then?

[quote name='Mospeada_21']wow, that's a really strong opinion. guess my looking forward to the Halo 1 anniversary remake edition is justified then?[/QUOTE]

$40 and we get changed sound effects, music, character designs, and no original multiplayer online or offline with only juiced-up visuals, online co-op, and half of the MP maps remade for Reach with totally different art styles to compensate? Screw that! >_

[quote name='TurboChickenMan']$40 and we get changed sound effects, music, character designs, and no original multiplayer online or offline with only juiced-up visuals, online co-op, and half of the MP maps remade for Reach with totally different art styles to compensate? Screw that! >_

Me? Pay 25 dollars for a remake that doesn't even include Sidewinder (confirmed earlier today)?

I'm with Mospeada_21 now - $20.

AtomicBomb.jpg

bread's done
Back