Turtle Beach VS Tritton

wrecktum662

CAGiversary!
Hello fellow CAGs, I find myself at a crossroads and know that if anyone can help, its you guys. After the surprising amount of years my stock xbox 360 headset has lasted, it has finally decided to shit on me. Having recently acquired a PS3 as well, I am now looking for a headset that will work with both systems as well as the PC. At the moment the main contenders are the turtle beach PX21/DPX21 and the Tritton AX 720. I realized that there are models such as the astro a-40's, but Im only willing to spend so much on a headset. Im not only looking for sound quality, but every factor: quality, durability, comfort, ease of use, quality of mic, and all other such factors. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Trittons having seen other comparisons lead towards them, but the fact that they are made by Mad Catz makes me skeptical, as they dont have the best quality accessories, while turtle beach is well known for their gaming headsets. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

As a owner of the original Trutle Beach Earforce X1 (actually went thru two pairs) and now a current owner of Tritton AX 720's I would recommend the Tritton's.

*Tritton's have a bass boost that for some reason the new Turtle Beaches (X11, X31) seem to have removed.
*They feel very solid in their construction.
*They may be slightly heavier on your head than the Turtle Beach's, but as for around the ears it is much better.
*They have a removable mic - the mic won't just fall out on its own, you actually have to twist it and pull so no worry of it popping off mid-game.
*The Tritton's come with all cords to use with either the Xbox 360 or the PS3. So you don't need to buy any addtional accessories.

Obviously its up to you, but my opinion would be to go with the Tritton AX 720's. Heck, you could as the store you get them from if you can return them for a full refund just in case you don't like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
well everything about the 720's sounds better save for 3 things: lack of chat boost, lack of any real bass effect, and too heavy for long gameplay sessions. also, the px/dpx21's are meant for multiplatforms and also wouldnt require any additional accessories

yeah ive been looking at that and a few other forums as well as youtube. trittons seem to be better overall, but i gotta say i do wish they had more bass

bread's done
Back