(EXPIRED) 7-11 clearance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#61 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:45 AM

checked the 2 stores closest to me - the majority of the games they had were pre-owned. and no luck on blops or reach. ah well.

** Caldazar **

#62 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:44 AM

Anyone find any in the Olathe, Overland park area of kansas?

#63 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:46 AM

Darn, mine sells games but they are all gone at the moment

#64 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:56 AM

Any finds? I'm in Columbus thru tomorrow around noon, so I'm looking for local deals. :D

I hit up a few stores around the campus area but I didn't find any games

#65 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:12 AM

lol maybe the OP is a 7-11 employee trying to get us all to go to 7-11s.

#66 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:29 AM

If anyone found a stock pile of these, it'd probably be the greatest flip trade-in to Gamestop of all time.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#67 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

I might have to see if i have any 7-11's in my area.

#68 akuma77

akuma77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

Seriously, no one except the OP has found or verified any location. This is definitely not worth nothing. delete this fail thread.

#69 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

Seriously, no one except the OP has found or verified any location. This is definitely not worth nothing. delete this fail thread.

I'm telling you, greatest marketing ploy of all time. At the very least each one of us will buy at least 1 slurpee when we walk into the store looking for something that doesn't exist :applause: lol

#70 Str8Nasty786

Str8Nasty786

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:43 AM

I went to like five 7 Elevens in So Cal (a couple in brea/yorba linda and one in norco/eastvale). One actually had games, but they were over priced and not Halo Reach or Black Ops and they were older games.

#71 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

How many copies will GameStop take for trade in?

Checked 2 7-Eleven's and I wasn't able to find either. The first one had Mirror's Edge for $9.99 and some other titles. Happy Hunting!

Edited by CheapAssHustla, 05 June 2011 - 11:57 AM.

#72 drsuper23

drsuper23

Been here a while

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

Found a 7-11 with Halo Reach but it rang up $59.99.
Posted Image

Posted Image
PS3 Trophies

For use of those who I trade with. My past trade rating.

#73 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

I'm telling you, greatest marketing ploy of all time. At the very least each one of us will buy at least 1 slurpee when we walk into the store looking for something that doesn't exist :applause: lol

I didn't buy a slurpee. :razz:

I did however buy a bottle of Sun Drop since there was a 50 cent coupon on the shelf. 8-)

card.png

#74 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

Did anyone else if any? I went to 3 stores. 1 store sold games, but not COD and Halo. They had old titles like Resident Evil, Batman, etc., but at $59.99.

FYI- I learned that not all 7-11 is corp. so prices depends on the owner/manager.

#75 nervousxtian

nervousxtian

proofisindeepudding

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

As I was leaving the second, I realized "Aren't all 7-11's franchised? So wouldn't that mean that the stores can determine prices on something like a video game if they so choose? Or at least when something goes on "clearance"?

Yes, almost all stores are franchised, and the franchisee has full right to price as they want. A few stores are corporate owned, and that's usually only in-between being franchised to someone else.

This is far beyond YMMV, because it was probably that Franchisee just trying to get rid of them, but you'd have to get someone who wasn't very smart to mark them down far below a value they could get selling them on the open market.

The only thing you are sure to find at 7-11 are Big Gulps, Slurpee's, Taquitos and hot dogs.

Good luck.. but unless you wanted one of those 4 things, I wouldn't waste my time.

#76 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

FYI- I learned that not all 7-11 is corp. so prices depends on the owner/manager.

This.

Also, hit the Valparaiso, IN 7-11 store. They had used games and a few new ones behind the register. However, to call them "recent releases" is quite the stretch. In fact, the newest title there was Madden 10.

Sounds like one dude just was at the right place at the right time.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:
I have a radio show. A real radio show. Listen, won't you?
Mondays from 10PM to Midnight CST at WVLP.org!
Click here for the show's Facebook page!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#77 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:26 PM

Checked two here in Orlando, FL with nothing but Naked Brothers Band on Wii and the like.

I did rent Dirt 3 from RedBox for $2. They are stepping up with their games, I was tempted to rent Brink as well. I'll check back to see if they get MK back in stock...

#78 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:20 AM

Better threads than this get moved quick. Will this turn into 10 pages of 'No go at this store, no go at that store' before it's moved?

#79 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:35 AM

This is far beyond YMMV...I wouldn't waste my time.

this.

as in extreme YMMV, and total waste of time.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.