Amazon Dad & Grad Sale Final Week - PS3, 360, PC, Accessories

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 Rychy

Rychy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

I want to get the 3rd Birthday and Birth by Sleep... the thing holding me back is the possibility of Square releasing PS3 Remaster versions.

#32 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

I want to get the 3rd Birthday and Birth by Sleep... the thing holding me back is the possibility of Square releasing PS3 Remaster versions.

Same here. And if any company would do it it would be Square.

#33 Rychy

Rychy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:04 AM

Same here. And if any company would do it it would be Square.

Yeah. lol. Square sure does like to resell their games to us.

#34 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

Yeah. lol. Square sure does like to resell their games to us.

Everybody needs multiple versions of the same game.

It's just the right thing to do. :D

#35 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

bump

#36 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

So, couple of things here:

• I'm extremely tempted by 3rd Birthday at that price, but all I keep hearing is that the gameplay is seriously gimped on the PSP b/c of the lack of a 2nd analog stick. I'd hate to buy the UMD version only to find out that the digital version gets an update on the NGP to incorporate the extra analog stick. Any thoughts?
  • In terms of the core Final Fantasy IV experience, which is the best version to play: the PSP edition (updated sprites, lower difficulty, less random battles) or the DS edition (3D graphics, dungeon maps, enhanced difficulty). Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

I played a bit of 3rd Birthday and found it pretty boring and repetitive. I think a second analog stick would have helped, but not enough for me to want to finish the game.

As far as FFIV, it is a tough choice. I like the look of the DS version, but the PSP sprites do look pretty good, and this version definitely has far more content. I would opt for the PSP version.

#37 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

So, couple of things here:

• I'm extremely tempted by 3rd Birthday at that price, but all I keep hearing is that the gameplay is seriously gimped on the PSP b/c of the lack of a 2nd analog stick. I'd hate to buy the UMD version only to find out that the digital version gets an update on the NGP to incorporate the extra analog stick. Any thoughts?
  • In terms of the core Final Fantasy IV experience, which is the best version to play: the PSP edition (updated sprites, lower difficulty, less random battles) or the DS edition (3D graphics, dungeon maps, enhanced difficulty). Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

I wouldn't expect PSP games to be updated to take advantage of the PSV's second stick. They're 2 wholly different systems even thought the PSV can play both. They're have to port 3rd Birthday to PSV to make it take advantage of the extra stick.

#38 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

I played a bit of 3rd Birthday and found it pretty boring and repetitive. I think a second analog stick would have helped, but not enough for me to want to finish the game.

As far as FFIV, it is a tough choice. I like the look of the DS version, but the PSP sprites do look pretty good, and this version definitely has far more content. I would opt for the PSP version.

Any version of FFIV is a good one ^___^

#39 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

I would assume anything with Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy in their name will automatically become greatest hits so I wouldn't fault anyone waiting for further drops.

#40 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:46 AM

I would assume anything with Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy in their name will automatically become greatest hits so I wouldn't fault anyone waiting for further drops.

Very good point. Especially since Final Fantasy 1, 2, and Crisis Core can all be found for $10 new now.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#41 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:42 AM

My understanding is that PS Vita will play PSP games with dual sticks -- the games don't need to be patched. The official FAQ on playstation.com says that Sony is looking in to a UMD-to-digital crossgrade process, but there's no promise.

Q: Can PS Vita users continue using their save data for PSP games that they have also downloaded from PlayStation Store to PS Vita?
A: We are looking into the opportunity to do so.

Q: PS Vita doesn't support UMD but do you have any plan to introduce peripherals like "UMD readers" for PS Vita?
A: We do not have plans to introduce such peripherals at this point in time.

Q: I have UMD games but do I need to buy them again from PlayStation Store to play the same game on PS Vita?
A: We will consider every possibility for support on bought UMD games but we have nothing to comment at this point in time.

Q: Will you bring all UMD games to the new game medium or on the PlayStation Store for PS Vita?
A: SCE with the support of third party developers and publishers have been offering select UMD titles on PlayStation Store and will continue our effort to deliver these content in the form of game medium for PS Vita going forward. However, we will need to clear all copyright / legal related issues and due to this not all software titles will become available on PS Vita. We will announce details for each title when ready.

#42 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

updated with new sale

kind of disappointing from the previous sale with the handheld games, but i guess its something for those who were looking

#43 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

I wish I had an CD/DVD drive. I'd get Blur for $10.

#44 anbu-black-ops

anbu-black-ops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Tomb Raider Trilogy
by Square Enix
List Price: $39.99
Price: $36.54

lol.

#45 Tsnake617

Tsnake617

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

Tomb Raider Trilogy
by Square Enix

lol.

Just Cause 2
List Price: 29.99
Sale Price: 29.99
Hope it's an error, I've been waiting for it to hit $20.

#46 eternalnegative

eternalnegative

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

Only thing worthwhile is the turtle beach px21 for 51.99. other than that nothing special

#47 pulsar0510

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

Just Cause 2

Especially since it was $27.xx up until this sale broke.
Amazon video-game fail.
Shock.:roll:

#48 Armaly

Armaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

GTA 4 Complete

List Price: $39.99 Price: $37.54
I want this to hit $20.

#49 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

I saw these sale prices last night and just hope the real sale prices just hadn't been implemented yet. Oh well, nothing for me. I should have gotten FFIV.

CBrownsT10.png

#50 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

So I'm guessing the Turtle Beach PX21 is worth it at 51?

#51 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

I saw these sale prices last night and just hope the real sale prices just hadn't been implemented yet. Oh well, nothing for me. I should have gotten FFIV.

lol I thought the same thing.

#52 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

Tomb Raider Trilogy
by Square Enix

lol.

ya.. that raised my eyebrow. This sale is the worst of the 3 BY FAR. Absolute garbage selection and pathetic price drops. This coudn't even be called a sale

I think the handheld one was the best

#53 Twin65050

Twin65050

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

Just Cause 2

Yeah, I laughed when I saw that.

This week's sale isn't very good. I might bite on FFXIII though...... might....... Ok I probably won't but it's still a game I need to add to my collection.

fs_xbox.png

#54 BShea

BShea

Devoted Deal Seeker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

I really really want Top Spin 4 (being a huge tennis fan that hasn't bought a tennis game since two Virtua Tennis titles ago, but I think I'll wait for it to drop further than to $40.

Posted Image

#55 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 are worth it for $120. Works on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC, very sturdy build, and they're wired so no messing with batteries dying all the time.

#56 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:16 PM

Blur seems to be a good deal at that price, right?

What's the best way to control it (if I don't have a wheel controller)? Wired 360 controller?

#57 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:55 PM

Personally, I like the 3-cents off sale on Final Fantasy XIV the best. I don't think I can resist that kind of bargain ;)
Posted Image

#58 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:13 AM

K i l l z o n e 3 !!!!!!!!!!!

#59 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:13 AM

Blur seems to be a good deal at that price, right?

What's the best way to control it (if I don't have a wheel controller)? Wired 360 controller?

I've played it on Xbox and it plays great on a controller. I really wish I could pick this up since I traded my xbox version in awhile ago.

#60 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:38 AM

Love the Lego star wars 3 for ps3

List Price: $49.99
Price: $49.99

What a deal lol