Photo
- - - - -

DEAD - Onlive - Spend $10 (including Playpass) or more and get a 100% Off Coupon

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#91 jaide

jaide

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:00 AM

I just bought Split/Second through Onlive and got the 50% e-mail. Apparently I already had an account, and I had no idea they charged sales tax.

#92 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:02 AM

I just bought Split/Second through Onlive and got the 50% e-mail. Apparently I already had an account, and I had no idea they charged sales tax.

Must be your state. I didn't get charged sales tax living in NC which is strange considering everything else digital is taxed (iTunes, PSN, etc).

#93 jaide

jaide

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

Must be your state. I didn't get charged sales tax living in NC which is strange considering everything else digital is taxed (iTunes, PSN, etc).

Yeah, that must be it if you didn't get charged. I live in Texas. I just thought it was a little weird considering they're a mostly online (not sold in stores) service.

#94 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flap top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:15 AM

Little FYI I learned tonight.

In order to use a 360 controller, you need to download the driver from Microsoft's website, because the one that auto installs is not compatible.

Loving OnLive so far!

#95 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:30 AM

I love the idea of OnLive, and I love that it WORKS, but it's still not quite as good as just playing on a 360 or PS3, and I have both. I'd love to use this for PC games that I can't get on consoles, but they seem to be really focusing on games that ARE on consoles.

#96 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:35 AM

Has anyone thought of why the company is offering such a massive discount on their hardware? Is this service due to collapse soon or something? I mean, the MicroConsole is kind of useless if there's no cloud content to stream to it...

They have a good presence at E3, and are talking about some interesting cross promotions like being in all new vizio tv's
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#97 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:41 AM

If they can pull all this together then this is a great time to get the device. If this blows up then you sure won't bet getting it for 10 bucks (well 20 with shipping) anymore.

#98 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:45 AM

Response Via Email (John) 06/07/2011 08:43 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us, and for your interest in OnLive. Yes, all of those options would count. As long as all purchases made during the entire promotion add up to $10.00 or more then you will qualify for the free 100% code, which will be sent out after the promotion ends. You can do as many purchases as you want, and they do not all have to be at once.

John
Customer Service Representative
http://support.onlive.com/
Customer By Web Form 06/07/2011 08:17 PM
I have a question before I do all of this. Does the 9.99 play pack count as 9.99 towards the 10 dollar promo? And also do rentals like 3 or 5 day rentals count towards to also?

Does everything have to be on the same order or can they be seperate orders, I have not found a way to do the play pack and then add something else to the cart before checking out. Thank you.

There you have it folks, the play pass and rentals both work.

Got my answer after 15 minutes. I am quite impressed with their support thus far.

#99 jaide

jaide

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:52 AM

There you have it folks, the play pass and rentals both work.

That's awesome! Now I wish I would have gotten the pass and a rental.

p.s. Just got an e-mail from Onlive support and learned from the rep that Texas is one of maybe two states that get charged sales tax if anyone was wondering.

Edited by jaide, 08 June 2011 - 04:16 AM.

#100 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:12 AM

I installed it and it never even let me do anything. It basically said "Your internet is too slow, Fuck you!" I have crappy DSL and don't expect this to run well, but I still want to take advantage of this offer and get the hardware for free. Probably gonna have to go to a friend's house just to buy it. That's lame.

Same here. Didn't realize how bad my connection was until I did a speed test. Apparently it's less than 1 mbps :-|.

#101 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

Did you use the links in the original post?

It might be easier to sign up for the free account first. I would then download the client and try the service out first before purchasing just in case your Internet connection cannot handle it. If it works fine for you, just use the client to see what games and/or promotions they have on sale (in the Showcase).

It's cool, they told me my net fucking sucks too much anyway.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#102 DigitalE

DigitalE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

I wish my internet connection was good enough to use OnLive.

Then again, I have a pretty decent graphics card, anyway, so it doesn't really matter..

#103 palaeomerus

palaeomerus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

Well I bought Amnesia for $20. If I get the 100% coupon as promised then I'll either buy Red Faction Armageddon with it, or see if they'll let me wait and buy Deus Ex: Human Revolution with it. Sure it's $10 more than some of he other options but I think I might as well buy something I actually want to play.

I already got the free console with a preorder of Duke Nukem Forever(which in and of itself looks like it might have been a mistake) and got The Ball for $5 and Metro 2033 for $10 previously.

#104 rct316

rct316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

wow lol i like how it needs to be 10$. would buying the playback package for 9.99$ be fine or does that single cent really prevent me from the deal?

and if i cant get the 9.99$ deal to count. wut other options would you prefer or have done? also considering the deal combimations? thx

#105 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

Rct316, I believe its been said $9.99 doesn't cut it, so you'd need to get your order over the $10 mark to have it count.

#106 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

wow lol i like how it needs to be 10$. would buying the playback package for 9.99$ be fine or does that single cent really prevent me from the deal?

and if i cant get the 9.99$ deal to count. wut other options would you prefer or have done? also considering the deal combimations? thx

You could always just do the 9.99 playpack and another 3-day play pass for another game that is not in the monthly playpack. Dirt 2's 3-day playpass is only $3.99.

#107 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

Does it have to be 1 single item totalling $10 or more or can it be a few? Would the playpack plus a rental really work?? Has anyone tried this?

Mytrade list.....

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95766

#108 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

Guess I need to find a game over $10...

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#109 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

Guess I need to find a game over $10...

The search continues...

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#110 WTPolaris

WTPolaris

Atypically Typical

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

Does it have to be 1 single item totalling $10 or more or can it be a few? Would the playpack plus a rental really work?? Has anyone tried this?

Both of these things have already been answered multiple times in the last two pages if either of you had bothered to read them.

Yes, 9.99 < 10.00 for this deal. There is no "take a penny/leave a penny" cup like at a gas station. Spend $10 or more. It couldn't be more clear.

You can buy more than one thing as well and have it count as well, cumulative purchases of any type count as long as you follow the rule from above and spend $10 or more.

#111 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

Trying to decide on either Playpass subscription+game rental or Split/Second and get a 50% off coupon as well. Decisions Decisions...

#112 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

I grabbed Split/Second. Getting two coupons was worth it. The $10 playpass isn't going anywhere (it'll just get better, if the service is to be believed), and this 50% isn't going to last.
I really hope the Witcher 2 comes soon. I could see OnLive as a great opportunity as someone whose gaming pc is "just ok." I don't care about most console games on it, since I have both an Xbox and a PS3 for that. :P
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Posted Image

Want something really cheap? Try Paradise Seekers, my $1 eBook on Amazon!

Also, check out my blog, where I'm trying to review every game I've ever played!

#113 ISUmark

ISUmark

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

Does the 100% coupon work for preorders? I was going to buy Dawn of War II anyway but if I can get Space Marine for free (since you can preorder it) that would be kickass

Otherwise I will just get another game or the system
Posted Image

#114 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

Does the 100% coupon work for preorders? I was going to buy Dawn of War II anyway but if I can get Space Marine for free (since you can preorder it) that would be kickass

Otherwise I will just get another game or the system

No preorders, works for everything else though

#115 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

Anyone know how long the coupon would last for? I'd like to get it and hold out for the witcher 2 to be released if I could.

#116 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

Anyone know how long the coupon would last for? I'd like to get it and hold out for the witcher 2 to be released if I could.

They havent said, but its safe to assume it will be less than 30 days since the 50% off coupon with Split/Second and Pure is only good for a month.

#117 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

How much is an onlive controller?

#118 coneecheewa

coneecheewa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:47 AM

$49.99.

Here's the link to the web store to buy. If you only want the controller, just click on the Order Now button, and then make sure you UNCHECK the OnLive Game System, as it's checked automatically.

http://www.onlive.com/game-system

#119 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:07 AM

Better of just using a wired xbox 360 controller if you have one around and dont mind the wire. $49.99 for a controller is steep when most people are getting the console for free. The Onlive controller is of very good quality though.

#120 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:11 AM

So I ordered 2 games separately. This will give me two coupons. Definitely going to use the first one on the console since my computer is mostly trash, but any suggestions for the second coupon?

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!