• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

In for WiFi.

#32 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:27 AM

Yeah, I jumped on this one as well. I never get handhelds at launch, but this was too good to pass up at that price. If Sony actually makes money at $249, they've got a hit on their hands. Time for a 3DS price drop....now.

decker%2001.jpg

#33 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

Time for a 3DS price drop....now.

I agree for our sake, but doesn't make sense for Nintendo. People will continue to pay $250 to get OoT, Star Fox 3D, 3DS Shop, etc. They only have to drop the price in November when the PSV's launch is imminent.

#34 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:38 AM

Locked in my wifi preorder. Definitely looking forward to this beast!

#35 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

I'm in for the Wifi version

#36 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

Thanks OP....

In for two of the wifi (myself and wife)... I'm pretty surprised by the price TBH, I have to assume they're taking a loss on each one sold, but hoping to sell more of the 3G and get $$$ back from contracts.

Problem is that gamers know developers will only make games that can work on both so really neither one will run games better than the other so why pay the extra $$$. ;)

#37 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

in for WiFi. Really looking forward to this. With the dual sticks, and trophies, I can see myself playing this a whole lot.

KneeKnee.png

#38 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

Grabbed a wifi!

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#39 samuraixyz

samuraixyz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

It would have been nice if they went future-proof and put more money and effort into making it 3G AND 4G. I'm not into that sort of thing but it seems dated to not go up to 4G to beat the competition...

... then again, no one complained when the iPad 2 was still stuck at 3G so I guess they're going with that.

#40 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

Nice, in for a wifi ... can't really afford it now ... but I have months to pay it off ...

Way more impressed with the Vita (weird name) than the 3DS ... tried it and the thing just gave me a headache. I'm more and more convinced with each year that Nintendo machines are great for kids and families but they rarely cater to older gamers.

Sure they have the best nostalgic franchises on Nintendo systems, but I'll take Bioshock and LBP over a LoZ rehash and re-release of an old MGS game.

#41 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:21 AM

Going to get amazon kindle card from best buy with credit from trade ins and use with the rest of my amazon credit. I hope they do a PSP trade up program like they did with the 3DS. With $80 or more trade up credit I could get the Wifi version for less than $80.

#42 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

In for a wifi. My Kindle (with 3G) almost never can get a 3G connection at my house thanks to AT&T's craptacular network. (and I live in Los Angeles) No reason to pay more for the privilege of not being able to use their network. :P

#43 letallis

letallis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

I'm still kind of mad that the 3G is currently exclusive to AT&T. First I have to wait 3 years for official iPhone support on Verizon, and now this? Think I'll just have to wait and hear if there are any plans of extending who the 3G can be purchased from.

#44 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

Got enough for one 3G version. But gonna do surveys and stuff to bring costs down lol

#45 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

In for a Wi-Fi model. I might pre-order through Gamestop though since I have something like 350 dollars in credit from there.

#46 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

Just remembered that all games will be delivered digitally.. Sighh hopefully there are discounts on release day

#47 pOpus

pOpus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

Nothing like spending $249 before 7:30 am... this may be an expensive day

#48 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Just remembered that all games will be delivered digitally.. Sighh hopefully there are discounts on release day

Only? Did I tune this part out or something?

#49 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

They didn't mention a format for game distribution yet iirc
Day 1 for me

#50 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

Nothing like spending $249 before 7:30 am... this may be an expensive day

Good news is they won't charge you until it ships!! :lol:

#51 Borenson

Borenson

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

I ordered one of each. I figure once they announce the AT&T price model I will cancel which ever one I don't want then.

#52 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

For those of you with Android Phones...at least until they crack down further on tethering (which is already beginning), phones can be rooted to tether your connection to the portable. No reason why it shouldn't work, unless you have an older phone that only supports ad-hoc connections...some devices struggle with those.

Verizon's started cracking down on tethering, but there's a complaint into the FCC recently, and I'm hoping for a ruling in favor of data being used however the customer wants.

#53 Yoohoo1231

Yoohoo1231

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I ordered a Wi-Fi model. I wasn't planning on picking one up but the $250 price point really caught me off guard. Plus, I do love me some Uncharted.

#54 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

Just skeptic. Battery Life seems like it will be low. How will the back touch pad work? Will I accidently press a button I didn't mean to press? Don't get me wrong Uncharted looks nice and LBP looks alot of fun with the touch controls but no way I go in at launch, especially with the way the PSPGo flopped.

#55 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

Does the 3G require a contract or is it like the Kindle?
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#56 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

There is no way this will require a contract at a higher price, it will be month to month. I have nothing to base this on lol but there is no way they will get away with requiring a contract. No subsidized price = no contract required
Posted Image

#57 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

I'm betting it will be no contract like the ipad and they will treat it as they do tablets. They will probably put it prepaid style plans you sign up for with your credit card through the device 250 MBs for 15 dollars and 2 GBs for 25. You can get them added to your postpaid account and there is no contract. The only difference is with the post paid account its 10 dollars per gig over instead of the prepaid one reupping you for another 25 dollar 2 gig plan..

Edited by sleepydumbdude, 07 June 2011 - 12:52 PM.

#58 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

yeah, I would not get the 3G at all..I mean for 5+ years we've all managed just fine with WiFi. Plus with 1gb game downloads, that is going to be hella slow. I wouldn't get 3G unless the service was free, and since its not, well...
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#59 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

I imagine the battery life is going to be terribad on this thing.

#60 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

What an unbelievable price at 250. For what it does, it put my 3ds to shame. A super nerd like myself was looking at 300, 350 starting point, but Sony came through and delievered on the price.I guess Sony learned their lesson from the disaster price point of pspgo. As for the games, there are few that I'm looking forward too like uncharted.

But still, a lot of things hasnt been announced yet such as the price for the games, battery life, launch date, launch lineup. But for first impression here in the states, it made a huge one. First day purchase for me.

And I also hope the thing is region-free. Because there are few certain games I want to play from japan.