Playstation Vita WiFi $249.99 - 3G/WiFi $299.99 - February 22, 2012 Release

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#91 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

Its $15 for 200MB and $25 for 2GB a month, they arent going to change it for PSV owners, not even Apple could change this

Would they even bother with a 200MB plan for a gaming system?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#92 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

Color me shocked. I was expecting a $350 starting point, and I was definately expecting them to come at us with a few different models with different internal storage options.

Picked up the 3G. I've already got a contract with ATT, so if the 3G service isn't too much then I may add it to my family plan.
Spoiler

#93 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

I just listed their plans, it would be pretty silly to get the smaller plan for this purpose
Posted Image

#94 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Would they even bother with a 200MB plan for a gaming system?

If the online games in question are turn-based, then 200 MB is fine. I really don't think you're going to be playing Call of Duty online over 3G. You probably aren't going to download big games over 3G either. At least I sure wouldn't.

I do think it's a little funny that people are touting the $250 price point (WiFi) as a triumph. That's still a lot for a dedicated gaming handheld. It was a lot for the 3DS and it's still a lot for the Vita. Which doesn't mean I'm not considering it.

Crunchewy.png

#95 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

they dont charge until shipped

#96 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

Didn't they just showcase five launch titles late last week? I'm on my phone, so I can't dig up the links, but I know Uncharted is one of the launch titles.

Also, I don't think it's digital distribution only, because there are two slots for cards on the top of the console (one of them presumably for a flash memory card).

#97 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

If the online games in question are turn-based, then 200 MB is fine. I really don't think you're going to be playing Call of Duty online over 3G. You probably aren't going to download big games over 3G either. At least I sure wouldn't.

I do think it's a little funny that people are touting the $250 price point (WiFi) as a triumph. That's still a lot for a dedicated gaming handheld. It was a lot for the 3DS and it's still a lot for the Vita. Which doesn't mean I'm not considering it.

This brings up a good point. What is going to be the point of paying for the 3G model if it's not going to be unlimited? I mean even with 2 gigs, I am sure the vita games will be over that. Plus any online game will just kill your cap. Even if the device does netflix, that will bring you over the cap easily. The only thing I can see not killing the cap is web browsing and well, who doesn't own a web capable phone nowadays.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#98 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

Just saying that the current generation 3G Kindles run off of AT&T and no one over there throws a shit-fit.

#99 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Then why did you post it in the deals section that is afterall meant for well, deals if you knew it wasnt a deal?

there have been tons of people placing orders. As long as its available to order, I guarantee this will be one of the most popular threads on the site and a huge money maker for cheapy. Give up the ranting, the majority of the user base and mods disagrees with your sentiment. Why do you feel the need to click on the thread and post a comment if you are not interested, just ignore it.

#100 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

Shut the Fuck up I'm so sick of uppity people screaming not a deal in this place. Also just because you aren't interested in something doesn't mean it's hardly worth mentioning.

Umadbro?

I'm pretty surprised how quickly people are to jump on this when there have been no specifics released that I've found. I guess the way to people's wallets are just showing Uncharted gameplay and some rehashed games. That Diablo III Ruin demo was neat, though.

#101 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

I'm pretty surprised how quickly people are to jump on this when there have been no specifics released that I've found.

They have announced a price and holiday shipping window, which is specific enough for most people, especially those that want it for christmas. Plus, amazon makes cancelling so easy if you change your mind.

#102 nnickers

nnickers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

This thread begins with "Not a deal."

Agh.

#103 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

They have announced a price and holiday shipping window, which is specific enough for most people, especially those that want it for christmas. Plus, amazon makes cancelling so easy if you change your mind.

Yes but you know very little about the games, which ones will be available, what price, etc.

#104 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

They have announced a price and holiday shipping window, which is specific enough for most people, especially those that want it for christmas.

Battery life, game pricing/distribution methods, internal specs, et cetera; I like details. I am intrigued, but they need to show me a little more than how they can whore out a nobody like Cole in a Tekken vs SF game lol.

#105 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

It doesnt matter what was announced when we have months to decide without charge
Posted Image

#106 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

Ordered a wifi version. I can't wait!

#107 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

I guess the way to people's wallets are just showing Uncharted gameplay and some rehashed games.

Don't let my wife know.. She'll be telling me that the patio set she wants plays Uncharted also.

Re: The lack of specs - a pre-order doesn't cost any money. If they come back and say the thing is being misrepresented, I'll cry a little that I won't get to play Uncharted and wait for them to port it to the PS3.
Spoiler

#108 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

Most demo is over 200MB. They could give you free download but if they dont do it for apple they wont do it for sony

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#109 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

Battery life, game pricing/distribution methods, internal specs, et cetera; I like details. I am intrigued, but they need to show me a little more than how they can whore out a nobody like Cole in a Tekken vs SF game lol.

Ya, but probably the reason why so many people are jumping at this is because its amazon. An amazon pre order is as good as it gets. We are virtually guaranteed a system at release date or a day or 2 after, no charge until shipped, no tax for most, and the ability to cancel in the unlikely event some shockingly bad info comes out about the system. If this was anyone but amazon I dont think it'd be as popular a thread.

#110 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

Considering the 3DS has shitty battery life, I hope this doesn't turn into a Game Gear :lol:. Still wish I had some info about it other than OMG uncharted has good gfx.

It doesnt matter what was announced when we have months to decide without charge

Yeah, this is actually a good strategy, if you are vaguely interested in one, get a preorder. It's no cost until it ships anyway and you can get higher in a queue in case Sony did not produce enough.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#111 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

Umadbro?

I'm pretty surprised how quickly people are to jump on this when there have been no specifics released that I've found. I guess the way to people's wallets are just showing Uncharted gameplay and some rehashed games. That Diablo III Ruin demo was neat, though.

Umadbro?
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#112 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

Just saying that the current generation 3G Kindles run off of AT&T and no one over there throws a shit-fit.

Kindle has a free 3g with no monthly fee :D I lovee the kindle

#113 Jodou

Jodou

If they come back and say the thing is being misrepresented, I'll cry a little that I won't get to play Uncharted and wait for them to port it to the PS3.

Yeah, this is more than likely the reasoning as the final specs probably aren't 'final' yet.

#114 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Thank you for the alert, OP.
I put in a pre-order for the Wifi and also for the Wifi+3G model. I'll make my final decision once we have more information on the 3G model.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#115 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

I thought this would be more expensive. Definately interested. Will wait and see.
Posted Image

#116 Reaperain

Reaperain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

Anyone know how much memory its gonna come with? And you think it would be better to wait for say...PSVita Slim? haha. I know thats many years into the future and that I may not be gaming then but hey.

#117 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

Pre-Ordered mine last night at Gamestop for the 3G/Wifi model! Can't wait to get it!

#118 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

There is almost no reason to pre-order this early, but I know I'm going to pre-order eventually so might as well do it now. In for 1 wifi model.

I'm curious to see when Sony announces sales figures after this launches how the sales breakout between the wifi and 3G versions.

#119 EarthKing

EarthKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

I'm waiting to preorder to see what the 3G will be like and when amazon offers some kind of preorder bonus :)
Posted Image

#120 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

I have to see games that are actually coming out before I consider it. If it ships with a decent amount of memory though I would be more likely to consider it especially since it will have access to everything that is already on the PSN.