Trials Evolution (RedLynx's Trials HD sequel) - Out Now! - 1200 points

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#151 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

I finally unlocked the hardest tracks (135 medal requirement). I have to laugh when I watch the top videos as they make it look so easy. Someone here mentioned using the d-pad instead of the joystick. That really works for me on the hard parts, but screws me up on everything else since I always used the stick for everything. Does everyone here use the d-pad or the stick? What kills me is landing on the steep sloped platforms. I bounce to damn much and crash/flip. Watching the experts stick their landings while still accelerating is crazy. I really need to get that down, even just a little.

#152 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Accelerating off a landing does take some time to learn, but basically requires landing with a fairly neutral posture, then leaning forward and gunning it just as you as you land.

#153 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

OK so my favorite tracks so far:
User: InF1ictor Tracks: Heaven, Landfill, Forgotten
User: MD0708 Tracks: Fire in the Hole!, Toxic (aint bad either)
User: UndeckedSumo Tracks: djmod LONG01 final
User: Split Jugular Tracks: Silhouette Redux
User: Templar Knight4 Tracks: Test Subject 001, Apocalypse, Deathtrap Dungeon (wow to creativity to this dude)

Random shits and giggles
User: eCom WizKiD Skill Track: Barrel Bailout XTRM (he's not kidding either)
User: M00UT Skill Track: Wheeland Pro
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#154 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

Accelerating off a landing does take some time to learn, but basically requires landing with a fairly neutral posture, then leaning forward and gunning it just as you as you land.

Thanks. I can pull it off 100x easier now.

#155 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

User: Templar Knight4 Tracks: Test Subject 001, Apocalypse, Deathtrap Dungeon (wow to creativity to this dude)

Random shits and giggles

I enjoyed most of those as well as some others, including Red Crates, Ritual (both in Red Lynx picks), and one I can't remember the name of with floating rocks in it. The Takeshi's Castle themed one is difficult but really well made to capture the obstacles on the show. Just needs the MXC announcers over it.

#156 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Lol, I believe this would be Trials in Real Life:

:bouncy:
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#157 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Going over the concrete post = insane

Going over the cars = Not cool

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#158 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm like damn, now you're just intruding on private property. Although maybe they know the owners so it's been pre-approved, who knows.

Edit: Yeah I like Red Boxes but Ritual you can have. Heaven has floating blocks.

Test Subject 002 is up, lol Portal quality stuff.

Edited by Spybreak8, 29 April 2012 - 01:50 AM.
played user tracks

#159 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

Random shits and giggles

Thanks for the list. I was just thinking that I need to go back and check out some user-created tracks; I tried a few a day or two after the game released, but haven't been back to them since. Nice to have a list of tracks worth checking out.
Posted Image

#160 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Yeah a good video display of the tracks you should check out.

#161 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Kinda wish hardcore trials for multiplayer was more then a two map cycle. All the games I've played so far of that mode only had maybe two people in contention, if not just one, while everyone else was getting DNFs

#162 Whipt

Whipt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm like damn, now you're just intruding on private property. Although maybe they know the owners so it's been pre-approved, who knows.

Edit: Yeah I like Red Boxes but Ritual you can have. Heaven has floating blocks.

Test Subject 002 is up, lol Portal quality stuff.

Didn't have the game booted up in front of me before, so yeah, Red Boxes. Same creator made Blue Boxes, but I haven't tried that one yet. The floating rock on I mentioned was not the Heaven track, which is great, but Chain of Fools by TheJesus.

Pandora final by Schnee Henri is also pretty good.
Also: Super Mario Trials by Aquarius2104
Fear Auge by HanfRay is good in a haunted house type of way.

Are there any guides on how to create some of the Skill Game stuff?

Edited by whiptcracker, 01 May 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#163 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

^ I loved Chain of Fools by TheJesus. That track is one of my fav custom creations.

#164 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Cool I'll look at those. I'm guessing the official level editor forums would be your best bet.

#165 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

hadnt finished all the tracks yet. need to chek out some custom levels too

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#166 Whipt

Whipt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

Cool I'll look at those. I'm guessing the official level editor forums would be your best bet.

Yikes, even the forums aren't very beginner friendly either. There apparently are a long series of tutorial videos on youtube they recommend checking out. I'm just in awe of some of the tracks people have made already.

#167 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

anyone get a game freeze after multiplayer matches? twice tonight it froze to the point i had to turn off my xbox.
Posted Image

#168 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Yikes, even the forums aren't very beginner friendly either. There apparently are a long series of tutorial videos on youtube they recommend checking out. I'm just in awe of some of the tracks people have made already.

Yeah hmm I found this site today and it looks like what you're looking for.

Yeah played Blue Boxes from the same guy who did Red Boxes, kinda of a neat track as well. Really most of his stuff I enjoy.

#169 Whipt

Whipt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Awesome, thanks!

#170 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Few days ago thought I would never beat any of the Extreme tracks. Got bronze on all but 3 now. Now, again, I am convinced I'll never beat another.

#171 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

This game feels like LittleBigPlanet on dirt bikes.

#172 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

This game feels like LittleBigPlanet on dirt bikes.

Yeah I've been really impressed with the editor. It's a bit of a learning curve but once understood there can be some amazing things done with it. I'm making my own level but just testing the editor and getting a feel for it atm.

#173 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

Sent a bunch of friend requests. Feel free to add me as well!

#174 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

Nice, user TheJesus has a few good levels to try out, Chain of Fools, Red Planet and The Diamond were a lot of fun and creative.

LOL add Trial Kitchen by IIDEXTER on the list.

#175 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Finally got to play again after a 2 week hiatus. This game is so awesome. I unlocked the extreme tracks and completed the first 3 (bronze, of course). Also finally tried the skill games. I didn't like the ball rolling one much, but I really liked the running out of gas, stuck throttle and no lean ones. The skiing one seemed kind of stupid. It's skis, but it plays just like a motor cycle. The others were OK. I don't really understand how to get distance on the flapping wings one. I'm not getting anywhere near as far as anyone else. You rock forward and bail, then flap by pressing Y rapidly - is that it? Obviously I'm doing something wrong....

#176 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

I've had my 360 freeze now 3 times playing online while I'm waiting to join a match where I had to power down everything. Also I noticed my online stats say I've won 1 of 12 matches but I've won 3 or 4. Anyone else running into this issue?

#177 Whipt

Whipt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

Finally got to play again after a 2 week hiatus. This game is so awesome. I unlocked the extreme tracks and completed the first 3 (bronze, of course). Also finally tried the skill games. I didn't like the ball rolling one much, but I really liked the running out of gas, stuck throttle and no lean ones. The skiing one seemed kind of stupid. It's skis, but it plays just like a motor cycle. The others were OK. I don't really understand how to get distance on the flapping wings one. I'm not getting anywhere near as far as anyone else. You rock forward and bail, then flap by pressing Y rapidly - is that it? Obviously I'm doing something wrong....

Alternate X and Y quickly.

#178 meeek

meeek

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

Lol, I believe this would be Trials in Real Life:

:bouncy:

awesome! he's a countryman, too :D:bouncy:

guy totally got SEVERAL screws lose hahaha:
http://www.redbull.f...021242759273562

This was posted here but can't hurt reposting, for the extra tracks/users:

#179 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

I'd just recommend checking out RedLynx's Picks, a lot of good tracks show up weekly.
Yeah they seem to be doing a weekly feature, cool beans.
http://www.gamespot....eoembed/6376101

Edited by Spybreak8, 13 May 2012 - 09:28 PM.
fixed html code

#180 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

The "Top Rated this Week" category turned up several really good ones for me:

Neosphere by DrittesAuge

HOT FUZZ (Easy) by X3XEX
and HOT FUZZ

The latter is the hard version. These are all pretty awesome.