BB in-store Preorder and buy 5 games get $100 Reward Zone

• Please log in to reply
4675 replies to this topic

#2701 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:05 AM

Best Buy has had some good deals this year, but g*d damn they make you jump through some hoops for these pre-order deals, DLC codes, etc... It's getting real fucking old.

#2702 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:59 AM

Also got the Dog Tags sent to my e-mail. I haven't picked up the game yet, though. Lol. Hope they fix it. D:

#2703 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

No email, no nothin'. At least it was this stuff (which should be free later on) and not my Robin DLC (which couldn't have happened). I don't give a shit about this DLC or the Uncharted stuff, just the deal and the games. No biggie.

#2704 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

Jesus your Best Buys must be run by chimps.....

It looks like on my reciept that the DLC was rung up as item DIG-Battlefield 3 SPECACT with its own SKU number....

It took them some time but they got it done, although they did mention something about the Xbox DLC codes not going through....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2705 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

can someone please post the SKU # for the BF3 DLC ?

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#2706 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

For the ones that got it on their receipt, did someone scan something extra? I plan to grab mine at 10EST and don't want to miss it.

#2707 TheGuido

TheGuido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

So wait.....is this preorder stuff on the receipt or through email?

God I wish BBY would just pick something and go with it. Experiences have been less than stellar. I still have no games showing up as preordered or picked up in the preorder/buy 5 and get 100 RZ certs. I foresee an hour long call to 888-bestbuy in my future.

#2708 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

To get the preorder they have to scan a certain sku (or just manually punch it in) to get the code. It will then show on the receipt as "DIG-Battlefield 3 SPECACT" with its own SKU number underneath it will have the code you need to use.

If you didn't get the code then you will need to return to the store and tell them so. They have policy to get you that code and the BBY forums no longer rectify the stores fault by sending you the code unless the store cannot produce the code for whatever reason.

If you are having problems at the store ask them to ask on their coms about how to get the code or what the sku is to print out the code. Someone will know what you are talking about their, which will usually be the gaming sup or a CS agent.

#2709 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

Isn't the best buy code just character skins? It's a fps you never see your character, not even after death iirc

#2710 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

Isn't the best buy code just character skins? It's a fps you never see your character, not even after death iirc

Yes. But I think people are getting it so that other people will see their awesomeness. More of an epeen standout type situation.

#2711 TheGuido

TheGuido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

To get the preorder they have to scan a certain sku (or just manually punch it in) to get the code. It will then show on the receipt as "DIG-Battlefield 3 SPECACT with its own SKU number" underneath it will have the code you need to use.

If you didn't get the code then you will need to return to the store and tell them so. They have policy to get you that code and the BBY forums no longer rectify the stores fault by sending you the code unless the store cannot produce the code for whatever reason.

If you are having problems at the store ask them to ask on their coms about how to get the code or what the sku is to print out the code. Someone will know what you are talking about their, which will usually be the gaming sup or a CS agent.

Thanks Jimmienoman!

#2712 themightypencil

themightypencil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Same here, all other games show except for the Zelda bundle.

i think its just an issue with the bundle-ive bene on BBY forums and looked all around, and the bundle Zelda isnt checked on anyone's for preorder (me too). It kinda sucks that I'm gonna have to spend time on CS to get my $100 when its all said and done...and Im not gonna be the only one...

#2713 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

wow i'm pretty much done with best buy, i called AGAIN about all the trouble, and she put in for my 100 wtf? i only picked up 2 games, 1 is not showing even on my list. i'm sure it will get denied and i'll have more trouble after i get the 5

Edited by orion1998_1, 25 October 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#2714 Denebswift

Denebswift

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

Im pretty sure the girl at the counter at best buy just screwed me.

i pre-ordered GoW3 a month ago, picked it up on release. I also pre-ordered Batman a couple weeks ago and picked it up on release. Last week when picking up Batman I preordered BF3. Picked it up tonight.

While purchasing BF3 the woman at the counter said she was going to have to use a giftcard to pay for my pre-order $5. I didnt understand whu, but figured whatever. When I got into the car i looked over my reciepts. She returned my Batman pre-order and redeemed it as a $5 giftcard and then used it to buy BF3. So pretty much im assuming she just screwed me out of both my Batman and BF3 preorder at the same time. Im gonna have to call them and get this shit fixed.

Same thing happened to me. I had to call 3 times and get it escalated twice before they finally added my madden pickup. Same bs $5 return crap - CSR that didn't know how to do a preorder.

#2715 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Didn't get the DLC. Everyone was pretty clueless about how the process was suppose to go even though i tried to explain it to them. They said I am suppose to get it emailed to me but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. Was able to get the LE though. There was only a few left from what i can tell.

#2716 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

So wait.....is this preorder stuff on the receipt or through email?

They changed the system again. Now assuming you preordered and their was preorder dlc the cashier has to hit suggested sale (F10) and add the dlc. Issue is hardly anyone in the company knows this since they did a terrible job of informing us. I was added to my store's midnight release at the last moment and was the only one who knew about it so the 20+ ppl who preordered/picked up at midnight almost didn't get their dlc.

It charges you $5 but packages out to 0 once the cashier hits total. The upside to this is the code is right on the receipt but the downside is if your cashier doesn't know about then no dlc for you.

Also not sure why some stores had next to no LE. My store only had about 60 preorders and we easily had 100 LE on PS3, 100 on 360 and 50 on PC and another 100+ non-LE for each. I think my store just gets lucky since when BB was reporting they oversold on Forza CE we had 10 but only 4 preorders.

#2717 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

They changed the system again. Now assuming you preordered and their was preorder dlc the cashier has to hit suggested sale (F10) and add the dlc. Issue is hardly anyone in the company knows this since they did a terrible job of informing us. I was added to my store's midnight release at the last moment and was the only one who knew about it so the 20+ ppl who preordered/picked up at midnight almost didn't get their dlc.

It charges you $5 but packages out to 0 once the cashier hits total. The upside to this is the code is right on the receipt but the downside is if your cashier doesn't know about then no dlc for you.

Oh I can't wait to see the looks on the 20 year old girls' faces as I try to explain this to them. :booty:

#2718 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

This should be a joy after work today.:roll:
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#2719 shiro13

shiro13

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

I'll be picking up BF3 after class and I'm worried that they might messed up the transaction, again, and not give the DLC. I'm debating if I should get out of this deal or just wait it out.

#2720 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

Picked up BF3 with another successful PM of KMart. This is my 5th game so I'm glad to be done with the 5/$100.

I have Uncharted 3 pre-ordered at Best Buy but will use my B:AC $30 coupon on it at KMart since I'd rather give Josh my business + what I'm sure will be a $20 coupon & I no longer have incentive to buy it at Best Buy.

#2721 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

I bought it from bb.com and got my DLC code emailed to me last night. Judging by tracking, the game will show up tomorrow, and it's already shown up as one of my five in my MyRZ account.

I've gotten Rage, and Battlefield 3 is my second game, and it's proven pretty hassle free. The only issue, is that for some reason, the "pending" period is bypassed for my RZ points and I'm getting them added instantly, but not getting double points. That probably has to do with my pre-orders being several months old but I'm sure it's a problem any CSR monkey can wrap their heads around and fix easily enough.

For anyone worried about getting in-store pre-orders fucked up, it might be worth ordering online and doing in-store pick-up instead, especially since bb.com now matches local competitors prices.

#2722 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

For the people saying there is a SKU for the BB pre order bonus, why not post it and the version(PS3/X360/PC) so other people know what to say? Would help me and others out.

#2723 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

I bought it from bb.com and got my DLC code emailed to me last night. Judging by tracking, the game will show up tomorrow, and it's already shown up as one of my five in my MyRZ account.

I've gotten Rage, and Battlefield 3 is my second game, and it's proven pretty hassle free. The only issue, is that for some reason, the "pending" period is bypassed for my RZ points and I'm getting them added instantly, but not getting double points. That probably has to do with my pre-orders being several months old but I'm sure it's a problem any CSR monkey can wrap their heads around and fix easily enough.

For anyone worried about getting in-store pre-orders fucked up, it might be worth ordering online and doing in-store pick-up instead, especially since bb.com now matches local competitors prices.

Did you actually get the spec act kits? Most people got the dog tags instead, so if anyone is trying to sell their code be careful about that. I am in that category atm, I got the dog tags as my code. the code was sent to my email and was on my receipt, it was the same exact one.

Edited by vashtheowner, 25 October 2011 - 04:10 PM.
adding something

#2724 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

What exactly can we do to get the Spec Act kit code? I got the dog tags as well as a lot of you. >.<

Edit: Awesome. Looking at my rz section, the Batman points and the Battlefield ones as well aren't showing up. I try to report missing points for Battlefield and it says that the transaction was not found.

#2725 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

Just came back from BBY and had 3 pretty successful transactions.

First, traded in 3 games using the 40% bonus for buying Battlefield 3.

Next, I bought my pre-ordered Battlefield 3. Received a dog tag that says "Battlefield 3 10.25.11". I asked the gaming employee about the "DLC" to which he said it's included in the box referring to the Limited Edition maps. I said no, there is a BBY exclusive SPECACT kit and I was told it was a SKU they have to enter. He talked to the Gaming Supervisor who looked it up and came back with the info musicjunkie stated above.

Third, I got my $5 pre-order back for Batman: AC since I didn't want that. All accomplished at the gaming section.

I would not have gotten the SPECACT kit unless I asked but at least he knew enough to ask the Gaming Supervisor and get the correct way to do it.

Note: I used the $10 September Reward Zone bonus when I purchased Battlefield 3, so the receipt shows a price of $49.99... I think that's going to make it impossible for me to pricematch it unless it goes below 49.99.

EDIT: Just in case anyone wants the SKU for the SPECACT (maybe Dog Tag) DLC, for the PS3 version, the SKU is 3823165.

#2726 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

Did you actually get the spec act kits? Most people got the dog tags instead, so if anyone is trying to sell their code be careful about that. I am in that category atm, I got the dog tags as my code. the code was sent to my email and was on my receipt, it was the same exact one.

Not sure on that actually. The email just said "Battlefield 3 content". I haven't had a chance to redeem it yet.

#2727 MattyB

MattyB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

I pre-ordered BF3 via BB.com. I was sent a code late last night but it was the dog tags. I'm a little confused guys, what do I need to do to get the SPECACT kit for 360?

#2728 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

Just got back from my BB with BF3. Everything went great. Had an email with the SpecAct code by the time I got back to my desk.

MW3 is the last of my 5 games.

#2729 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

Wow BBY is finding ways to screw up... Sending out the wrong preorder content made me chuckle some.

#2730 MattyB

MattyB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

Just got back from my BB with BF3. Everything went great. Had an email with the SpecAct code by the time I got back to my desk.

MW3 is the last of my 5 games.

Looks like I'm going after work. What did you have to do?