Amazon taking pre-orders for The King of Fighters XIII $49.99

FerDK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
IMHO KOF XII was awful.

Now the new SNK Playmore fighter KOF XIII makes the transition from the japanese arcades to the consoles. I hope they do it right this time!

Amazon is now taking pre-orders for $49.99 (free shipping):

Xbox 360

Ps3

KOF 12 was made by someone else?

why was it awful? never tried it but interested in this for some reason...

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']KOF 12 was made by someone else?

why was it awful? never tried it but interested in this for some reason...[/QUOTE]

It had no story, no final boss, and quite honestly, no modes compared to other fighting games out there.

KOF 13 looks promising from the videos I've seen, but not without its own issues. I already pre-ordered and hope Atlus does well bringing it over here.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']KOF 12 was rushed and incomplete, 13 is considered to be great and apparently much better than SF4.[/QUOTE]

Most will be better then SF4 AE unless you play as one of the Twins...

[quote name='ShinAkuma']It had no story, no final boss, and quite honestly, no modes compared to other fighting games out there.[/QUOTE]

The online network code was atrocious too. Games were just terribly laggy.

[quote name='Green Card200']I liked XII so I will probably get this. Though I'm going to wait until it is around $20 this time.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You wouldn't believe how ripped I felt when I popped the disc in after paying $60. That was one of the worst burns in the history me buying video games.

I'm no KOF historian, but I did get to play XIII recently at an arcade here in Austin. Apparently only two US arcades imported this game, and Austin's Arcade UFO is one of them. It looks great, plays great, has tons of story content between fights, and was very fun to play against some friends. Many SFIV addicts became interested and jumped in to challenge too.

bread's done
Back