Photo
- - - - -

Let's talk Skyrim! (Gameplay footage inside.)

• Please log in to reply
547 replies to this topic

#61 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

I'm kind of torn between my light-armour character that mostly uses a melee weapon but carries a bow because sometimes it comes in handy and has a few spells (a healing spell, an offense spell, and a soul trap spell) and is alright at sneaking because it'll sometimes get you an extra critical hit or my heavy-armour character that is otherwise fucking identical.

Prove me wrong, Skyrim.

EDIT: Oh, and there's usually a summoning spell in there, too.

Posted Image

#62 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

Think I read that heavy armor won't work because it gives you away this time. We'll see.

#63 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:38 AM

My optimism bar is set to cautious.

Posted Image

#64 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

My first run character is always a light armored Bosmer archer-mage because shit needs to die from a distance without me ever being seen. :twisted:

Then I dip into Battlemages, Shadowscales, and Bardbarians. My problem is always avoiding not playing them all at once and thus experiencing severe loot/progress confusion.
sudo mklove

#65 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

How do you play a bardbarian? There's no music system in any Elder Scrolls game...

Posted Image

#66 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

How do you play a bardbarian? There's no music system in any Elder Scrolls game...

Speechcraft and a giant 2h weapon while wearing a loincloth and humming. You can figure out the parts I do in-game versus the parts I do in real-life. ;)
sudo mklove

#67 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

I'll be playing a magic user because that's just how I roll. I'll probably mostly be going conjuration.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#68 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

I always go for the human characters, namely the Redguards. I just don't like playing as the more mythical races because they're kinda... weird and ugly. Does that make me fictionally racist?

#69 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:16 AM

I always go for a sneaky bow-wielding thief with a touch of magic thrown in.

Who's going to a midnight launch? I have to work Friday so I'm just going to pick it up then.

#70 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:53 AM

I found the most effective set-up to be a sword/shield/destruction/restoration user, but little else. My most recent Oblivion character has turned into a sneaker/assassin for some reason, but he still rocks at being a typical knight with healing/killing magical powers.

Skyrim will be completely different though, so I could end up having a guy who beats people with rolled up carpets, who knows.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#71 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

I always go for the human characters, namely the Redguards. I just don't like playing as the more mythical races because they're kinda... weird and ugly. Does that make me fictionally racist?

Yes.

#72 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

So...
Spoiler
Who is excited for that? I know I personally am. This game just keeps getting better and better.

#73 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

I can not wait for this game I already have 2 characters i want to make:
1) A Dark Elf Assassin - since the new skills seem awesome for this character
2) A Khajit(SP?) that looks like Liono from Thundercats and is a warrior class
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#74 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

I can not wait for this game I already have 2 characters i want to make:
1) A Dark Elf Assassin - since the new skills seem awesome for this character
2) A Khajit(SP?) that looks like Liono from Thundercats and is a warrior class

Haha you and I think alot alike. Nothing like playing an Epic Lion O. Thats what Ill be doing.
Posted Image

#75 leeloo1977

leeloo1977

Original Girl Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

So for Druid I am thinking - Wood Elf - light armor / restoration / archery / destruction / maybe alchemy

#76 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

So for Druid I am thinking - Wood Elf - light armor / restoration / archery / destruction / maybe alchemy

You and I think alike. Throw in a high sneaking skill and that's my character.

#77 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

http://www.eurogamer...infinite-quests

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim promises players a near infinite amount of quests, according to the game's director.

Depending on your progress, the game's Radiant Quest System will randomly generate new tasks for you to complete. For example, an innkeeper might ask you to track down 10 bandits in a part of the map that you haven't explored yet.

On top of that, once you've completed the scripted storyline for each of the game's factions, you'll be able to pick up randomly generated quests at each group's respective hub, such as gem thieving missions or assassination requests.

Bethesda's Todd Howard told Wired that, "The vibe of the game is that it's something that you can play forever."

"The world is probably the one thing that sets [Skyrim] apart from other games," he added. "It feels really real for what it is… It's just fun to explore."
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#78 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Hate stuff like that. I like knowing that each quest I complete has closure. Hopefully they're easy to spot because I don't like wasting my time on repeatable quests.

#79 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

Bombshell...

Here is one of the very first official reviews of the game, details everything about the game, complete with gameplay footage! Enjoy my friends.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#80 Stoic Person Eater

Stoic Person Eater

Murder City Pandas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

I want to be a rapping Wizard.

#81 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

That was... kind of a bad review. All he said was, "A bunch of stuff from previous Bethesda games is in this one." And a nonsensical numbered score thing. There was nothing in there that couldn't be either inferred from the title or wasn't already known from previews.

Posted Image

#82 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

That was... kind of a bad review. All he said was, "A bunch of stuff from previous Bethesda games is in this one." And a nonsensical numbered score thing. There was nothing in there that couldn't be either inferred from the title or wasn't already known from previews.

Haters gonna hate. By the way, there was an update to the review that addresses the Online (lack of) scoring change.

#83 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

Haters gonna hate.

All day e'ry day.

Posted Image

#84 Stoic Person Eater

Stoic Person Eater

Murder City Pandas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

Eh, it's a pretty vague review and doesn't mention anything I couldn't make up on my own. I'm sure he'll get a lot of web traffic from people looking for legitimate reviews.

#85 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

I think I'm gonna be a cat-man just for the sake of being a cat-man.
Posted Image

where scoob

#86 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

Eh, it's a pretty vague review and doesn't mention anything I couldn't make up on my own. I'm sure he'll get a lot of web traffic from people looking for legitimate reviews.

It's updated with even more info now but I am curious, what makes a review "legitimate"? Don’t tell me you actually fall for the major gaming companies "reviews" as being legit. :roll: If that is the case you have a lot to learn about how the industry is run. :booty:

#87 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Why the Fuck are you?
Posted Image

where scoob

#88 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

kind of a bad review. All he said was...

.... I'm sure he'll get a lot of web traffic

The site is called krakrabbit, the CAG user posting the review it is called krakrabbit... I think it's safe to assume we can address krakrabbit directly instead of referring to a third party.

but I am curious, what makes a review "legitimate"?

A good start is when it shows up on metacritic. I also tend to be wary of small sites that get their reviews out before everyone else; it's usually something of an indicator that they either didn't play it completely, or maybe didn't play it at all, whatever the case it seems like they are trolling for hits. You have gameplay videos so from what I can tell you HAVE played it, but I gotta agree that I'm not learning alot from the review, there's alot more overviewing than there is critiquing. I also don't think it's a good idea to give the game a 10 for online when it is completely offline either... if you're concerned about it affecting the overall score then you should probably change the way your scores are calculated. IGN scores different categories but their overall reviews are not averaged. BTW how did you get a review copy?

Don’t tell me you actually fall for the major gaming companies "reviews" as being legit. If that is the case you have a lot to learn about how the industry is run.

How is it run?

#89 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

The site is called krakrabbit, the CAG user posting the review it is called krakrabbit... I think it's safe to assume we can address krakrabbit directly instead of referring to a third party.How is it run?

Yeah, I don't really remember people very well.

EDIT: Okay, I'll throw one little bit into the "what makes you legitimate" stew. If you have to go back and add to your review and change the scoring and all that shit because you were in such a rush to get up it up faster than morning wood?

Bad sign.

Edited by The Crotch, 10 November 2011 - 12:25 AM.

Posted Image

#90 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:39 AM

The site is called krakrabbit, the CAG user posting the review it is called krakrabbit... I think it's safe to assume we can address krakrabbit directly instead of referring to a third party.

A good start is when it shows up on metacritic. I also tend to be wary of small sites that get their reviews out before everyone else; it's usually something of an indicator that they either didn't play it completely, or maybe didn't play it at all, whatever the case it seems like they are trolling for hits. You have gameplay videos so from what I can tell you HAVE played it, but I gotta agree that I'm not learning alot from the review, there's alot more overviewing than there is critiquing. I also don't think it's a good idea to give the game a 10 for online when it is completely offline either... if you're concerned about it affecting the overall score then you should probably change the way your scores are calculated. IGN scores different categories but their overall reviews are not averaged. BTW how did you get a review copy?

How is it run?

As we already pointed out in the review. It is rare for games to not have MP but we did not feel Skyrim should be dinged for not having it. We felt the overall score of the game deserved to be a 10 out of 10. This is a rare occurrence and does not warrant an entire change in our scoring model.