Photo
- - - - -

Register Zelda: OoT 3D at Club Nintendo, get free soundtrack (ends 6/20 midnight PST)

• Please log in to reply
770 replies to this topic

#31 super_dawn

super_dawn

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:39 AM

:( SAD. I so want this but I have a locked pre-order with Amazon for $37.99. I can't give that up....and I so want this.

Guybrush: At least I've learnt something from all of this.
Elaine: What's that?
Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

:3ds: my 3DS friend code is: 1934-0672-7017 ---Animal Crossing: Msg me if you add! thx!

Animal Crossing Villager Outfits Follow me:  superdawn3.tumblr.com

ChocDeathMousse.jpg

#32 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:09 AM

I'm buying the game just for the soundtrack. I don't even have a 3DS.

#33 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

Ya know, nintendo is probably going to be selling these too.

Oh well, at least I know who to blame when I dont get my free CD.

#34 ManchildofPV

ManchildofPV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:58 AM

someone is probally gonna upload the cd and let people download or just do it from youtube

#35 viksmart

viksmart

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

Nintendo said supplies are limited to the first 500 people who register the game.
(> - _ -)><(*_*)><(Fuck)><(^ _ ^)>

#36 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:04 AM

Nintendo said supplies are limited to the first 500 people who register the game.

Source? 500 seems far too low. They certainly wouldn't go around advertising it if that were the case.
Posted Image

#37 Sir Daniel Fortesque

Sir Daniel Fortesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:11 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is buying the game solely for the soundtrack.

I'm sorry but that's friggin' dumb.
Posted Image

#38 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:19 AM

No system deals out there really? Everything im seeing is MSRP still

#39 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:52 AM

On the Nintendo UK page it says that if one wants the soundtrack they have to register the game by June 30. I'm not sure if it'll be the same for those of us in the States, but judging by the wording of the UK site it seems it won't be given out on a first-come, first-serve basis.

I'll be disappointed if I dont get one, but thats the consequence of getting the game for $20 on Amazon with free shipping (or Prime $3.99) and no tax over getting it for $39+tax at a B&M store.

It'll probably be super easy to download anyway, and if I'm right they'll sell the same CD so it won't be too big of a deal.

#40 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

If that's true then excellent for those on the east coast, who can get to the stores when they open:applause: But seriously, you think they would make it so limited that possibly half the country wouldn't even have a chance to obtain it? I don't believe that one minute...

#41 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

So, why is a free offer in the deals section? We have a free section, you know that right?

Get on ebay after its released and youll find them for sale and for less than buying a remake of the old game.

Cause its not free if you have to buy something. We might as well put "Gift Card free with purchase" deals in that section too, if that were the case.

There's no way its that low.

#42 beene1000

beene1000

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

I agree that there's no way it could be as low as just 500. That number would be realistic if they had announced it vaguely on their website, but making an announcement at a venue as large as E3 suggests there's a pretty big supply. Still, if there's this much interest in it, I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo offered this up for sale at some point to those who couldn't get in on this offer.

#43 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

I remember I bought an OoT soundtrack at EB just after OoT came out and it was like 30 song that were all under a minute each. I have a feeling thats what this will be. Still, if it's free I'm in for it. Hopefully it won't be limited to 500 because that just seems silly.

#44 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

Provide a source, or I'm going to assume this is a rumor spread to increase the resale price of the soundtrack.

Not only is this an unrealistically low number, Google doesn't reveal anything, except for this thread, of course.

#45 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Preordered this game a few weeks ago on Amazon when it showed up in my Goldbox for $37. I bet with I can sell the soundtrack and re-coup most of my cost for the game with such high interest in the cd.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#46 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

Nintendo said it would be available on the Club Nintendo store soon after.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#47 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

Preordered this game a few weeks ago on Amazon when it showed up in my Goldbox for $37. I bet with I can sell the soundtrack and re-coup most of my cost for the game with such high interest in the cd.

Keep in mind with Amazon you likely wont get the game until Monday at the earliest, hopefully you'll still be able to get a soundtrack at that time.

I'm going with a B&M store myself, gonna use up some BB reward certs.

#48 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

Wow! Way to punish people that have already reached platinum, Nintendo. Do you guys remember when Nintendo gave out a full game (actually two games) just for pre-ordering WW? Yeah, I do, and I'm done supporting what this company has become.

#49 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

Stop feeding the troll.

#50 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

Wow! Way to punish people that have already reached platinum, Nintendo. Do you guys remember when Nintendo gave out a full game (actually two games) just for pre-ordering WW? Yeah, I do, and I'm done supporting what this company has become.

WW was a full big title launch on a console (a major event). This is a port on a still fail handheld to sell the system.

Have 3 demo SSB codes for trade. Already have last 6 Club Nintendo Wii U eshop games from Club Nintendo. Will take any Wii U eshop game codes I don't already have or Non CN 3DS eshop code.

Check My Trade List
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276079

#51 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Wait what? Are you angry that they are giving us a free CD? Are you serious?
I'm a little irritated that Nintendo releases games on Sundays which messes up Amazon but I think the CD is a great idea.

#52 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Wait what? Are you angry that they are giving us a free CD? Are you serious?
I'm a little irritated that Nintendo releases games on Sundays which messes up Amazon but I think the CD is a great idea.

Lots of game publishers give out free CDs, even smaller companies like Xseed. Except usually these companies give out the CD to all gamers who support their game by buying it day 1. Nintendo announced this deal at E3, and yet they SEEM to be handling it pretty horribly, that's the part I have a problem with.

#53 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

Lots of game publishers give out free CDs, even smaller companies like Xseed. Except usually these companies give out the CD to all gamers who support their game by buying it day 1. Nintendo announced this deal at E3, and yet they SEEM to be handling it pretty horribly, that's the part I have a problem with.

Cry more #whitepeopleproblems

#54 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

Good argument.

#55 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

Some people just make it so hard to give them free stuff there not really entitled too.. :applause:

#56 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:47 AM

Some people just make it so hard to give them free stuff there not really entitled too.. :applause:

Are you really applauding a racist remark?

I've given away a few things on this site, and I never asked for people to buy something or visit my site. I gave things away specifically to support the forum.

I guess I wasn't feeling well yesterday, and I went off on a tangent that I really shouldn't have. I just find it hard to believe that, on a board that tolerates hoarders, I'm being called an unreasonable troll (among other things) for expressing my disappointment with the way Nintendo set this up. Why are you people attacking me and not my words?

1. Nintendo has given away plenty of free things in the past. Most recently, they gave away those awesome little Pokemon figurines just for pre-ordering the new game. We can't expect everything from them.
2. Maybe this is a last minute thing that Nintendo setup, and they don't have the time to print and send out CDs as a pre-order bonus. Maybe we should just be happy we are getting it at all.

There I did it for you.

Also, SS looks heavenly.

#57 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

WW was a full big title launch on a console (a major event). This is a port on a still fail handheld to sell the system.

Im guessing your a Vita fanboy, otherwise you have yet to play the system (Or anything outside of Asphalt on it)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

:( SAD. I so want this but I have a locked pre-order with Amazon for $37.99. I can't give that up....and I so want this.

When did Amazon offer it for $37? Since I pre-ordered months ago this automatically applies to me right?

#59 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:43 AM

When did Amazon offer it for $37? Since I pre-ordered months ago this automatically applies to me right?

Only if it was in your gold box

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#60 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

I didn't want to preorder this but I have 790 coins and this is the only recent nintendo game I don't have. I would rather buy the zelda collection game for the gamecube at gamestop for about 15 less but then I wouldn't get the coins or the cd.