Photo
- - - - -

Register Zelda: OoT 3D at Club Nintendo, get free soundtrack (ends 6/20 midnight PST)

• Please log in to reply
770 replies to this topic

#91 patches48

patches48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

Damn, want the CD but didn't really plan on buying OoT at launch... what to do.... I think I might have to go for it...

#92 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:43 AM

i still have that Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time soundtrack CDs from Nintendo Power. Also got the Killer Instinct cd. awesome stuff

#93 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:49 AM

This is bringing back memories of the Mario All-Stars fiasco. Nintendo says things are limited, but I think they'd print another run if they run out in the first couple of days.

The only Nintendo items that are truly limited are the ones that bomb.

They didn't even say it was limited. They said while supplies last, which is what every company who ever gives away anything says. CDs cost pennies to print, you really think this is going to be that limited?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#94 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:44 AM

They didn't even say it was limited. They said while supplies last, which is what every company who ever gives away anything says. CDs cost pennies to print, you really think this is going to be that limited?

Yeah I think it's limited. It's your opinion that it's not limited (few pennies to make, no big deal). Well, it's my opinion that this CD is limited.

"While Supplies Last" means "you snooze, you lose" Everything else is just speculation. You definitely have higher chance of securing a copy of the CD if you get the game on Sunday vs. Monday or Tuesday.

#95 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:52 AM

It sucks that the people who want both the game and CD will probably be the ones to get screwed over.

Exactly. I've had this game preordered for a long time and is the sole reason why I bought a 3DS. Ocarina of Time easily has the best soundtrack in gaming history IMO and I'm not happy that douchebags are trying to snatch the soundtracks up to make a quick buck and screw over the fans. So to those people I give a big F YOU.

I feel like they'll have enough for the initial shipment of copies at least, but beyond that is probably questionable.

#96 codeblue

codeblue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:17 AM

No, I agree with you. The gist of my post is that the fans are probably worrying over nothing and people going out of their way to flip the CD aren't going to get as much as they think they will.

#97 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:20 AM

Not to mention if there was only 500 or so I'm sure there will be 500+ people on the east coast that'll snag the game first thing and register. I wanna so no worries. Eventually the cd will be rare but not immediately

#98 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

I actually asked one of the marketing reps about the free offer at E3 and they were pretty clear that they are planning on selling hundreds of thousands of copies of the game within the launch week and they expect a large percentage of those people to register for the free soundtrack, especially given how well the Super Mario Collection sold. As such, there will be tons of these pressed and I can guarantee that if you buy the game in the first week and register it, you should have zero problem getting the free soundtrack. To the posters who are claiming they spoke to a Nintendo rep, I would like to know who you claim to have talked to. Nintendo's regular customer service people have no idea how many will be available. Only marketing representatives and the distribution/operations team have that info and they would not pick up a phone call from some random caller.

#99 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:17 AM

i still have that Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time soundtrack CDs from Nintendo Power. Also got the Killer Instinct cd. awesome stuff

Dude, yes! I still have the Killer Instinct CD as well. Love the music from that game, actually. Ah, memories... 8-)

One would think that Nintendo would have at least one CD per copy of the game. Anyway to find out how many copies of OoT they made? Has to be at least 500k or so for the initial run, right?
Posted Image

#100 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

What I really don't get is why Nintendo is releasing the game on Father's Day. I will be out of town celebrating and where I will be, there are no stores nearby that sell video games. Even worse is that I'm from New York and will have to miss a Nintendo World Store event. Add to the fact that I'm getting back home late that Sunday and I have to work in the morning, I'm looking until Monday night to purchase the game and face stores possibly selling out of the game
Posted Image

#101 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

What I really don't get is why Nintendo is releasing the game on Father's Day. I will be out of town celebrating and where I will be, there are no stores nearby that sell video games. Even worse is that I'm from New York and will have to miss a Nintendo World Store event. Add to the fact that I'm getting back home late that Sunday and I have to work in the morning, I'm looking until Monday night to purchase the game and face stores possibly selling out of the game

preorder and you wont have to worry about selling out

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#102 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Where are you going to celebrate? Siberia?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#103 ryanhaggan

ryanhaggan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:55 AM

I remember that killer instinct CD... back when the economy was good, clinton was in office, and games came in boxes and life was less stressful. Ahhhhh, good days indeed.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#104 iforeverlovemyfamily

iforeverlovemyfamily

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

I remember that killer instinct CD... back when the economy was good, clinton was in office, and games came in boxes and life was less stressful. Ahhhhh, good days indeed.

Preach!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

#105 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

Amazon it. They're usually good about shipping it within that week even with 3-5 day shipping. I and many others highly doubt the soundtrack disappearing after a week, if you're worried about the soundtrack.

However, if you're just worried about the game being out of stock, might be a good reason to try pre-ordering through GameStop. For once, reserving a game through them might actually benefit someone... :lol: Best Buy might have it available for in-store pickup or reserve too, so you might want to check them out instead. Toys R' Us and Target do pre-orders as well, but I'm not sure if Zelda is a title they do that for.

Really, I can't remember seeing a game go out of stock after coming out that first week in recent memory. You do have those odd shortages like Mario Kart disappearing for months after a short time into its release. But otherwise, I really don't see Zelda disappearing even with this soundtrack offer. I just don't think Nintendo sold enough 3DS' or will sell enough 3DS' come Sunday to justify a sell out.

#106 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

in for the soundtrack even though i dont have a 3ds
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#107 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:50 PM

Amazon it. They're usually good about shipping it within that week even with 3-5 day shipping. I and many others highly doubt the soundtrack disappearing after a week, if you're worried about the soundtrack.

However, if you're just worried about the game being out of stock, might be a good reason to try pre-ordering through GameStop. For once, reserving a game through them might actually benefit someone... :lol: Best Buy might have it available for in-store pickup or reserve too, so you might want to check them out instead. Toys R' Us and Target do pre-orders as well, but I'm not sure if Zelda is a title they do that for.

Really, I can't remember seeing a game go out of stock after coming out that first week in recent memory. You do have those odd shortages like Mario Kart disappearing for months after a short time into its release. But otherwise, I really don't see Zelda disappearing even with this soundtrack offer. I just don't think Nintendo sold enough 3DS' or will sell enough 3DS' come Sunday to justify a sell out.

for something to ever "sell out" they would need to ship far less than they intended to sell. Nintendo already expressed they expect this title to sell well and when it comes to promos like this they cant afford for people not to get them. This is all about hype so I wouldnt be shocked if finding LoZ on release week is like finding a copy of gummi bears mini golf =P

#108 Petey Parker

Petey Parker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

Right on

#109 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

so how do we register it? do we just give em the nintendo club code?
Tradelist

#110 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

As far as in my own lifetime, the best times this counrty ever had, let it be known!:applause:

#111 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

Definitely buying this game just for the soundtrack. :/

I'll probably just keep the game...I know I'll get a 3DS someday.

#112 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

Where are you going to celebrate? Siberia?

Atlantic City. They want your money in their slot machines
Posted Image

#113 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Yes, you register the game at Club Nintendo via the code that comes with the game. You then fill out a form/survey, to which after you complete it, you'll be asked to accept the CD offer, then you order it like any other Club Nintendo item.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#114 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:26 PM

yes,................

#115 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Yes, you register the game at Club Nintendo via the code that comes with the game. You then fill out a form/survey, to which after you complete it, you'll be asked to accept the CD offer, then you order it like any other Club Nintendo item.

yes,................

thanks i couldnt find that anywhere :booty:
Tradelist

#116 Ray5555

Ray5555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

Ah the days where clinton slacked off dropped the ball and lead to the current crisis. Yeah real good times.

Anyway in for the game and the soundtrack

#117 iPhone

iPhone

Forward thinking.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

Ah the days where clinton slacked off dropped the ball and lead to the current crisis. Yeah real good times.

If I'm not mistaken, the subprime mortgage debacle happened during the Bush administration. Still, it isn't fair to lay the blame on them when it was really those shifty banks handing out those loans to people who couldn't afford the mortgage.

#118 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

How dare Nintendo give something for free to people who purchase one of their products?

Greedy fucking bastards. I hope they burn in hell.

in 4 1.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#119 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

Exactly just wait for a torrent like any sane person would.

#120 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

They can't possibly run out of these... can they?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade