Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#271 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

has anyone ever had luck with putting multiple trade ins in the same box or is that a very
dumb idea. i just only have one box left, and i think i could get both in and sent under the weight limit of just one, but i dont want it to be rejected/only count as one traded in...

I've put 6 games or more for trade its so its no problem. However, people seem to have had problems when they put 20 plus in one box but that's not always the case. If you want more boxes why don't you go to your local supermarket and get a couple of them ( I work in one and oh boy it is a gold mine for boxes to use in trade ins ). You can split your games up into multiple packages if you are weary. Oh and make Sure the manual is in it ( unless its a old game boy or snes game ) they might reject it or more likely give you less credit for your trade in if you don't have it with the game.
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#272 TerboNurd

TerboNurd

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

I do bit box trade ins all the time.

#273 NOFX232

NOFX232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

This may be a stupid question, but can you buy a Amazon Gift card with the credit from the trade-ins? Because I would like to send someone a gift card, preferably with this credit I would be getting.

#274 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:28 AM

No, you cannot buy a gift card with A gift card
You have to use a credit card

#275 yedgee

yedgee

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

I really wish Amazon would list Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters as a trade in so I can get rid of it already.

It's been out for over 3 weeks now....and is still not listed.
Word.

#276 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

I made some pretty significant changes to the mobile version of the tracker:

Spoiler

Made a few optimizations so hopefully it should run faster and look better on your small screens. If you run into any issues with the changes, please let me know!

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#277 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

I really wish Amazon would list Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters as a trade in so I can get rid of it already.

It's been out for over 3 weeks now....and is still not listed.

Movie tie in games have no demand so there is no reason for Amazon to raise its value. If anything, the tiv for Green lanturn is going to plumit soon along with its msrp. You better get rid of it now while you can
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#278 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

I made some pretty significant changes to the mobile version of the tracker:

Spoiler

Made a few optimizations so hopefully it should run faster and look better on your small screens. If you run into any issues with the changes, please let me know!

Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise when I checked in this morning. Nice big search box is great. Thanks as always!

#279 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

Well, damn, if you are getting the full $230 and getting your system back I think I may bug them about getting that extra $30 that they denied me when downgrading mine to "good" (given that everyone else got the full $230).

well io you did technically choose the option to downgrade ;). I was surprised the csr applied the credit, just expected him to tell me to resend and they will honor the $230.

#280 yedgee

yedgee

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

Movie tie in games have no demand so there is no reason for Amazon to raise its value. If anything, the tiv for Green lanturn is going to plumit soon along with its msrp. You better get rid of it now while you can

Amazon does not even have it listed. That's the problem. Best Buy/Gamestop have a TIV...but not Amazon (and I want Amazon credit). They had the crappy Thor game up 2 weeks after it came out and it's still hovering around $14-$15.
Green Lantern was so much better than that game.

I don't expect much for it. I would just like something. I hate being a sucker for these craptastical superhero movie tie-ins.

But dammit, I am still getting Captain America. :D
Word.

#281 rywateska

rywateska

Sorry for partying.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for making this. It really is one of the best tools to get the most value for your items.

Posted Image

#282 wissy

wissy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Damn just saw the Noire dropped in value from $30 to $25. I knew I should have locked in $30 and tried to finish it up so I could trade it in at the higher value.

#283 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

Lock first
Trade later

#284 allstar45

allstar45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

Quick question- I won a game from the subway sweepstakes (PS3) and it has a slashed bar code. Is amazon still going to accept this? I know on the front page it says YMMV, but I want to know the general consensus before I try.

#285 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

YMMV. They accepted ModNation last year for me, but they seem to be a bit stricter now.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#286 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

Looks like some newer games went down in value today. LA Noire, Portal 2, Alice, Shadows of the Damned, etc.

#287 jbLighty

jbLighty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

my trade in was suppose to go to hudson NH but for some reason when I track the package its in transit to the infamous chelmsford town. :cry:
Posted Image

#288 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:44 PM

Does Amazon accept game trades that have their UPC slashed (example: Infamous 2 from the subway promo)?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#289 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

my trade in was suppose to go to hudson NH but for some reason when I track the package its in transit to the infamous chelmsford town. :cry:

One more time:

Chelmsford, The town were everyone's trade-ins are stolen equally.

#290 NOFX232

NOFX232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:31 AM

One more time:

Chelmsford, The town were everyone's trade-ins are stolen equally.

For me that experience has been different. I had 8 different trade ins go through that town and they all ended up at amazon.

#291 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

so my orders got there a few days ago, usually they are quickquick about this stuff but i still havnt had my tradeins approved, anyone else noticing some slack in the system?
i mean, nothing compared to bestbuy's 1 month turnaround, but just wondering, usually i get credited the day they get it, and ups says all my packages are delivered...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#292 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

For me that experience has been different. I had 8 different trade ins go through that town and they all ended up at amazon.

All trade ins go through clemsford before going to nh. All my trade ins have been fine :)
Currently playing

690739.png

#293 io

io

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

so my orders got there a few days ago, usually they are quickquick about this stuff but i still havnt had my tradeins approved, anyone else noticing some slack in the system?
i mean, nothing compared to bestbuy's 1 month turnaround, but just wondering, usually i get credited the day they get it, and ups says all my packages are delivered...

Yes, my last two took a while. I had even completely forgotten about one since I did it so long ago - but I got the credit on Friday. They got another package mid-week and nothing yet. I wouldn't expect anything till the middle of next week at this point.

#294 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:02 AM

I usually drop off my trade ins at the UPS store around 9 or so on mondays before the UPS truck comes in to pick up the packages, I get my trade in credit by Wednesday night by doing this, latest I get it is Thursday afternoon
Currently playing

690739.png

#295 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:52 AM

Hmm, since I started trading again I've noticed that it takes two days now to process my stuff. Last year it would be approved by the following day without fail. Nothing unusual though.

#296 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

Does Amazon care about Slipcovers for trade ins? For example the cardboard cover that goes over Fallout New Vegas. The one I got with mine is trashed and makes the game look in worse condition than it is (the actual game and case are practically mint)

Thanks!

evophile.pngevophile.png

#297 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

Slipcovers do not matter

#298 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

I made a post in the bestbuy ad thread for those trying to flip dance central...

Dance central with 240pts is not accepted at amazon. It has a different Upc. People have been rejected on this game. See if you can peel off the Upc. If not, you're screwed.

#299 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

got a rejection on an item that had a tiny sliver of a scratch on the top of the disc (ie not the shiny side). Was pretty surprised as it was otherwise in excellent condition and I actually had to squint to see what the sticker was pointing at. Still plays fine of course.

for kicks I emailed Amazon about it and for the first time I got the response "the third party purchaser of used games can reject whatever they want for any reason they choose." Interesting.

#300 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:04 AM

Just to let you guys know, Alice Madness Returns for the 360 is the trade in deal of the day for today. It's trade in value for today only is $35 good condition.

Edited by Dump1eSti1tskin, 04 July 2011 - 08:18 AM.