Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#2971 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

You listen to NPR... Oh god. It's my dad all over again!!!!
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#2972 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Got paid for 1st batch of psx games (5 for $150), so ordered this to complete my new PC build.
http://www.amazon.co...R/dp/B0050I1PH4

#2973 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

I got one of these...

Posted Image

http://www.amazon.co...dleback leather

I ordered it yesterday, apparently there was a 10% price increase today? Crazy timing.

Rein stone Cowboy?

#2974 io

io

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Finally, finally, finally, got paid today for my first "trial run" of these high TiVs.

So I sent the package in on Sept. 17th (a day or two after the higher values appeared), it arrived on Sept. 24th, and finally got paid out on Sept. 28th - so nearly 2 full weeks end-to-end. Now I have 3 more packages on the way with 2 more to send Monday.

I got $90 for 2 complete and 1 brand new (still sealed) GBA games. My complete ones were pretty much pristine - like they had just been opened. I had even kept the little baggies that the carts came in.

Being obsessive about having complete copies in excellent condition once again pays off :lol:.

FWIW, the current TiV for the 3 games I sent in would be $9.45 (total)...

#2975 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Rein stone Cowboy?

Nope, a prosecutor, I wanted a new briefcase anyways...why not let it ride. 8-)

#2976 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Nope, a prosecutor, I wanted a new briefcase anyways...why not let it ride. 8-)

I'm taking that in a sexual way... Nobody stop me!

#2977 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'm taking that in a sexual way... Nobody stop me!

Loves big butts

#2978 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Why yes I do. Why do you ask? lol

#2979 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

I decided to use the credit to get complete copies of a number of games in my NES collection. It's the kind of thing I rarely spend much money on so this seemed like a good way to do it. Navigating Amazon marketplace has been a bit frustrating at times, but I've gotten some good deals there.

Waiting on two of my loose NES carts to clear. Hopefully I don't have another "major damage" rejection.

#2980 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

Well, my PSone got denied as 'not working'. I tested it with 2 games before I shipped it out. I had to use 2 games to make sure all of the controller buttons worked. I have 10 or so more items to ship today and then I think I am caught up.

#2981 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Got paid for 1st batch of psx games (5 for $150), so ordered this to complete my new PC build.
http://www.amazon.co...R/dp/B0050I1PH4

Good card, I own it. Does great up to 1920 x 1080, though newer stuff might give it some slight fits.

#2982 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Well, my PSone got denied as 'not working'. I tested it with 2 games before I shipped it out. I had to use 2 games to make sure all of the controller buttons worked. I have 10 or so more items to ship today and then I think I am caught up.

They denied my Dreamcast. Said it was broken... I don't know maybe it was. Meh....

#2983 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

I would have a chat with Amazon CS over that one, especially due to its value.

I hope you recorded the serial number of it and took some pictures of its condition, as I think you might not be getting back the same one you sent them. If you tested it and it worked OK and it magically "doesn't work", then I think something's up with that.

#2984 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

I would have a chat with Amazon CS over that one, especially due to its value.

I hope you recorded the serial number of it and took some pictures of its condition, as I think you might not be getting back the same one you sent them. If you tested it and it worked OK and it magically "doesn't work", then I think something's up with that.

Yeah, I have pics of the item and how it was packaged. I know I physically wrote down the serial, but I am not sure if the pic of it came out. I'll contact them one I get it back. The nice thing is I locked it in at Good, so I may get the higher value for it (rather than the $60 I was expecting).

#2985 silkysmooth

silkysmooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

My stuff got there in less than one day and is now processing! That was really fast!

#2986 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Good card, I own it. Does great up to 1920 x 1080, though newer stuff might give it some slight fits.

Replaces 2 9600GTs i had in SLI. Might get a 2nd if its not good enough for what i need it for (1900x1200 but not many new games)

Forgot I need a blu-ray burner, so assuming next batch of 3 ps1 ($90) and still-to-be-sent 4 GCs for $120 gets accepted, i should have that covered too :D

#2987 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Just for the record, did anyone have a cart only game paid out at 'good' condition?

I locked in some of my trades as 'return the item', but I am not sure I should bother sending them in.

#2988 galvatron2k1

galvatron2k1

I'm Broke Bitch!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Fyi, mine got denied for the same reason and I also tested before I sent it in. Can't wait to get mine back to see what condition it's in.

#2989 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

Just for the record, did anyone have a cart only game paid out at 'good' condition?

I locked in some of my trades as 'return the item', but I am not sure I should bother sending them in.

I have before this latest trade boost, but not during.

#2990 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

Traded in some things and shipped them all together. I have already been deposited some credit on some of the items but my email worded it like the other items have not been sent...the items say "processing"....should I worry or just let them process and be patient?

#2991 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'm going to use my (hopefully ~$700) Amazon credit on deals, definitely, though I'll also help my brother out with buying art supplies and whatnot, just because I'll be able to. :)

Traded in some things and shipped them all together. I have already been deposited some credit on some of the items but my email worded it like the other items have not been sent...the items say "processing"....should I worry or just let them process and be patient?

Just be patient. You only have cause for concern if a transaction remains "Processing" for at least a week without changing.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2992 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

That's normal.

#2993 io

io

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

I did one trade on my wife's account but the problem with that is that the credit will just disappear into ephemeral Kindle books. I mean, I suppose that is better than using real money for that, but on the other hand the thought of my meticulously maintained Gamecube Mario/Pikmin/Starfox games turning into disposable e-books is a little irritating ;).

#2994 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

I did one trade on my wife's account but the problem with that is that the credit will just disappear into ephemeral Kindle books. I mean, I suppose that is better than using real money for that, but on the other hand the thought of my meticulously maintained Gamecube Mario/Pikmin/Starfox games turning into disposable e-books is a little irritating ;).

I download certain things for free... I mean ebooks being taken seriously? HA!

#2995 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

Still nervous about my copy of Seaman being rejected...frantically refreshing the trade-in page to see if they get updated from processing, even though it's been only about five hours in that status.

#2996 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, I have pics of the item and how it was packaged. I know I physically wrote down the serial, but I am not sure if the pic of it came out. I'll contact them one I get it back. The nice thing is I locked it in at Good, so I may get the higher value for it (rather than the $60 I was expecting).

I'd just be worried about some idiocy with a working system magically turning into not working. Just make sure you have a backup plan in place.

Replaces 2 9600GTs i had in SLI. Might get a 2nd if its not good enough for what i need it for (1900x1200 but not many new games)

Forgot I need a blu-ray burner, so assuming next batch of 3 ps1 ($90) and still-to-be-sent 4 GCs for $120 gets accepted, i should have that covered too :D

2 560 Tis work well in SLI from what I've seen. I own only one of them, as I don't have a SLI-capable PC. Single GTX670 would also be a good option over a pair of 560 Ti cards.

It still money you're not spending, and yes, it's an the expense of your GC games.

#2997 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

2 560 Tis work well in SLI from what I've seen. I own only one of them, as I don't have a SLI-capable PC. Single GTX670 would also be a good option over a pair of 560 Ti cards.

Main reason for SLI for me was more to have 3 monitors setup, more than performance. Only have 2 now, so 1 card good enough for now =]
Since i play more console games than PC, a $130 card should be good enough.

More reports of psone's being rejected makes me feel a little better about not risking sending in my new one.

#2998 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Fyi, mine got denied for the same reason and I also tested before I sent it in. Can't wait to get mine back to see what condition it's in.

That sucks. I guess am very lucky that they accepted mine. Did your system include a box?

#2999 galvatron2k1

galvatron2k1

I'm Broke Bitch!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

That sucks. I guess am very lucky that they accepted mine. Did your system include a box?

I'm close to the new facility so the item came back to me today. I retested it and it went to the CD player screen. I rebooted and it worked fine. Swapped games and it booted fine again, so maybe it is dying slightly. But it only went to cd boot screen once. I pulled up the chat and asked if there was anything I could do and they said I could resubmit under current trade value but that's about it.

They also looked it up and said I had incorrect controller and that is my fault, it's official but not white. I had a 2nd trade for the console as I was going to pick up a 2nd one if my first was accepted. I may dig out the white controller and send it back to see what happens. And yes, I included the box and unopened instruction manual and unopened a/v cables. Both were returned to me unopened.

#3000 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

if all goes according to plan i will have 260 dollars in amazon credit after investing in 100 dollars so 160 dollars profit. Just hope all goes according to plan lol.