Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#3031 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

It sure is, Amazon trade-ins seem to always wildly fluctuate, sometimes stuff goes from $22 to $10 before you know it, and in this case, those crazy high Trade-in values seem to be going back to normal (locked in and sent in two original Metal Gear Solid's for $30 a piece when it's an incredibly common game).

#3032 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

It sure is, Amazon trade-ins seem to always wildly fluctuate, sometimes stuff goes from $22 to $10 before you know it, and in this case, those crazy high Trade-in values seem to be going back to normal (locked in and sent in two original Metal Gear Solid's for $30 a piece when it's an incredibly common game).

Thanks. Very weird.
Posted Image

#3033 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

The weights on the labels don't make any difference. Sounds like maybe your package got opened by mistake FoS. Was there any damage to the box? I tape the hell out of my label - pretty much cover it completely with clear tape. So there's no way they could send it back to me in the box even if they wanted to ;).

Same here; I (and my mom who occasionally helps out with packaging when I don't have the time) pretty much guarantee that the package cannot be reused due to the amount of packing tape on it. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3034 predseth

predseth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Had a BUNCH of cart only games downgraded to acceptable (as expected) just now. I'll take $21 a piece for those all day long. My perfect condition cart only Pokemon Stadium was marked unacceptable as some other people here have mentioned. For whatever reason, they are still processing Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and Donkey Kong Country. Anyways, looks like all the values are being honored.

#3035 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Had my last two trades accepted today! Phew, I was concerned after having a cartridge denied for a made up reason. Still deciding whether to contact Amazon about that or not.

#3036 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Had a BUNCH of cart only games downgraded to acceptable (as expected) just now. I'll take $21 a piece for those all day long. My perfect condition cart only Pokemon Stadium was marked unacceptable as some other people here have mentioned. For whatever reason, they are still processing Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and Donkey Kong Country. Anyways, looks like all the values are being honored.

Let us know what happens with your DKC, mine was returned for heavy damage and I'm still not sure why.

#3037 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

My stuff has been processing since Thursday I believe. The anticipation.

#3038 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

My stuff has been processing since Thursday I believe. The anticipation.

I'm with you, man; I've got six transactions processing...

:bomb:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#3039 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

So, I guess you'll be doing a lot of :pray: and hopefully ending up with \\:D/ by the time it's done with?

Two of my shipments that arrived on Thursday were just paid out for full amount.

#3040 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

haha same here with the thursday part. i'm f5'ing the page every 15 mins.

i have 6 more trade ins to send in and had a question though. one of my trades is 2 cart only gb games, i was planning on using quite a small box to ship them, but the shipping label when printed would be too big for it. is it okay to resize a label in paint or something a little bit to make it smaller or will it not scan then?

#3041 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

So, I guess you'll be doing a lot of :pray: and hopefully ending up with \\:D/ by the time it's done with?

Two of my shipments that arrived on Thursday were just paid out for full amount.

That's for sure. :bouncy: It's going to be a long day...

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3042 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

That's for sure. :bouncy: It's going to be a long day...

Trade-in shipment #3 just credited, same receipt date of Thursday.

#3043 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Let us know what happens with your DKC, mine was returned for heavy damage and I'm still not sure why.

I had this designated (severe damage) on two GBC Pokemon carts I got back today. Turns out both have dead batteries, but are otherwise fine, so that's a possibility with your DKC cart. Mine were fine when last used, but that could have been a year or more ago, and I was too lazy to check/didn't really think about it. Wish I had, because I have some spare batteries I could have soldered in.

#3044 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Oh yeah, credited for $21 on Super Mario Bros 2 nes.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#3045 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

The weights on the labels don't make any difference. Sounds like maybe your package got opened by mistake FoS. Was there any damage to the box? I tape the hell out of my label - pretty much cover it completely with clear tape. So there's no way they could send it back to me in the box even if they wanted to ;).

The box was slightly dented near the top-- yeah, I try to tape it closed like a catholic girl at prom. It's absurd they bothered to retape my box to send it back to me instead of retaping the box and label and letting it go on its way. The 1800 number for UPS was pointless-- it took 10 explanations for the guy to understand that UPS tossed my original shipping label inside the box and then made a new label to send it back to the origination address. He kept insisting UPS had no way of knowing where the package was going and that's why it was sent back to my house.

The shipping expiration date was yesterday, so I'm just gonna hope for the best and hope Noram is still honoring the values by the time they get it.

#3046 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Got $90 today for 3 more ps1 games. Sent my last package of 4 GCs games, hoping for the $120 for those. Delayed shipping since 3 of the 4 games I've never played and I plowed through them last week (Luigis Mansion, Starfox Assault, and Wario World)

#3047 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

All of my stuff is still pending. Received last Wednesday.

BTW, my UPS will never give me a receipt even if I ask for one. The lady always says the same thing "You don't need one. Write down the tracking number." (This is even when I drop off 10-15 items at once). I called customer service and they said it is up to the location. Also they don't do ground pickups on Saturday, only air, so my stuff is still sitting there right now, that I dropped of Saturday morning.

#3048 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

BTW, my UPS will never give me a receipt even if I ask for one. The lady always says the same thing "You don't need one. Write down the tracking number." (This is even when I drop off 10-15 items at once). I called customer service and they said it is up to the location. Also they don't do ground pickups on Saturday, only air, so my stuff is still sitting there right now, that I dropped of Saturday morning.

I drop off all of my stuff at Staples and they're always willing to print out a receipt when I ask for one.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3049 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Time to find another store if there's another option available for you.

I have the same issue with three UPS Store locations I go to regularly, two give receipts and one doesn't. Thing is, if the package isn't scanned in for some reason and you have the receipt, it works as a proof that UPS has the shipment. Saved my backside once or twice with finding a missing package.

#3050 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

I drop off all of my stuff at Staples and they're always willing to print out a receipt when I ask for one.

Yeah, I don't have a staples nearby, which is surprising since we have 2 O. Depot, and 2 O. Max stores within 5 miles of each other. the other UPS store is a little farther from my house, but the guy gives me a receipt. He just has funky hours...

EDIT: Yeah shrike, I like checks and balances, so I am paranoid about not having a receipt. People call me paranoid, but I prefer to think of it as thorough.

#3051 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

I had this designated (severe damage) on two GBC Pokemon carts I got back today. Turns out both have dead batteries, but are otherwise fine, so that's a possibility with your DKC cart. Mine were fine when last used, but that could have been a year or more ago, and I was too lazy to check/didn't really think about it. Wish I had, because I have some spare batteries I could have soldered in.

I know mine still works, guess we'll see!

#3052 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Fourth shipment is partially paid. GBA game in question out of two games in shipment is still pending. :-s

EDIT: Fifth shipment is also partially paid. Six GBA games are pending, non-GBA game is paid out (7th item out of 7). :-s :-s

The two shipments were also delivered on the 27th.

#3053 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

I have a few games still pending, but most of my games have been accepted, none denied so far! Over $200 in credit and counting! I kinda feel bad about this one, but I locked in two copies of Left 4 Dead 2 last week, and decided to keep one for myself and only send one in. They just gave me credit for two! I'm not complaining and I don't think I did anything wrong. It's not not I can update the quantity after the trade is locked in. . .

631840.png

#3054 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

This is starting to worry me...All you guys are getting things processed, but the same six are still "Processing" for me (and three others that arrived this morning are still in "Not Yet Received/In Transit" status). :wall:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3055 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

This is starting to worry me...All you guys are getting things processed, but the same six are still "Processing" for me (and three others that arrived this morning are still in "Not Yet Received/In Transit" status). :wall:

You'll probably be fine. I had a few that arrived on a Friday and I started getting credited the next Monday/Tuesday. They didn't even credit me all at once for each package. It was for anywhere between one to three games at a time.

I have no idea how their process works but it definitely seems to be fairly unorganized.

#3056 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Of out what I've sent them, this is what's going on for me:

09/27/12 Delivery date:
Three fully paid out, no GBA games in shipment
Two partially paid out, GBA games pending, non-GBA games paid out, in Processing state
Two in Processing state, all GBA games in shipments
One in Processing state, all non-GBA games in shipment

09/28/12 Delivery date:
Two shipments showing as Not Received, UPS shows as delivered

10/01/12 Delivery date:
One shipment shows as Not Received, UPS shows as delivered

I'd assume they're taking their time with GBA games for some unknown reason.

#3057 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

I am completely shocked but very pleased by the acceptance of locked in values by NORAM. I gotta think its because of the relatively new receiving center and staff. This is their first major glitch ;).
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3058 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Traded in a PSP and I took out the battery and placed it in the packaging as it was packaged when I bought it new. Left a note to insert battery. It was just denied today because "the console does not work." So frustrating, they obviously did not put the battery back in because the thing worked flawlessly and I have photos of it working before sending it off. If I get a different broken PSP I am going to be pretty upset.

CBrownsT10.png

#3059 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

OK, I think I know what to do in the future if Amazon trade-ins take a bit longer to process than I expected: Post my concern in this thread. :razz:

Two more transactions went through (2x Gallop Racer for $60 total, 2x Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers for $58.20 total). \\:D/

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3060 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Oh snaps, first couple of packages are in processing. Very exciting week ahead.
Repacked and dropped off my trouble package, again, to UPS. UPS don't Fuck me over. Fly like the wind to Noram.