Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#3061 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

OK, I think I know what to do in the future if Amazon trade-ins take a bit longer to process than I expected: Post my concern in this thread. :razz:

Two more transactions went through (2x Gallop Racer for $60 total, 2x Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers for $58.20 total). \\:D/

Is there a particular reason you have multiple copies of games, out of curiosity?

#3062 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Is there a particular reason you have multiple copies of games, out of curiosity?

Uh...other than the fact that two is the limit, no?

I was able to buy those through the Marketplace and they arrived quickly enough that I could mail them. I used Amazon credit on all of them that I basically quintupled with the trade-in. :oops: A risk, I know, but totally worth it.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3063 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

My copy of Donkey Kong 64 is being sent back for Wrong Item, but thet kept my Acceptable Goldeneye 007 for $21.

536739.png

#3064 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

They rejected my gameboy color because they said it didn't work. I know for a fact it did, I just bet that they didn't want to give me the $85. Or maybe they were too lazy to put in batteries.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#3065 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Yeah, I don't have a staples nearby, which is surprising since we have 2 O. Depot, and 2 O. Max stores within 5 miles of each other. the other UPS store is a little farther from my house, but the guy gives me a receipt. He just has funky hours...

EDIT: Yeah shrike, I like checks and balances, so I am paranoid about not having a receipt. People call me paranoid, but I prefer to think of it as thorough.

FYI...Office Depot also takes UPS packages and will give a receipt.

#3066 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Uh...other than the fact that two is the limit, no?

I was able to buy those through the Marketplace and they arrived quickly enough that I could mail them. I used Amazon credit on all of them that I basically quintupled with the trade-in. :oops: A risk, I know, but totally worth it.

Oh. I thought these were games you owned.

I mean, I enjoy Donald Duck Goin' Quackers as much as the next guy, but I couldn't imagine why anyone would own two copies of it.

#3067 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

My copy of Red Dead Revolver that was scratched to shit AND had a former rental sticker around the ring was accepted for $30 today. :bouncy:

It just pains me that that's the only game I have to trade in. :cry:

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3068 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Well, I got my PSOne back a few minutes ago. They threw it in the same box without some of the packing materials and it has some new scratches (in a different color) on the top cover. I haven't checked the serial, but I believe it is the same console.

On the plus side, my oddworld ps1 that was missing the instruction book, just got accepted for the full 'good' value. $30!

#3069 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

All of the disc games I sent in have been paid out. Now just waiting on my cart only games.

#3070 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Oh. I thought these were games you owned.

I mean, I enjoy Donald Duck Goin' Quackers as much as the next guy, but I couldn't imagine why anyone would own two copies of it.

You should have seen my dad when I got one of the copies in the mail two weeks ago: "Goin' Quackers? I've been waiting ages to play this! *does eerily-similar-to-the-real-thing Donald Duck muttering impression*" :shock:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

#3071 io

io

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

The shipping expiration date was yesterday, so I'm just gonna hope for the best and hope Noram is still honoring the values by the time they get it.

You should be fine. I haven't even mailed my last two packages yet (the last shipment date is today for those two) and with the 8-9 days for slow-ass UPS delivery, they better be honoring the values still. If not, that is big time East Coast bias ;).

BTW, my UPS will never give me a receipt even if I ask for one. The lady always says the same thing "You don't need one. Write down the tracking number." (This is even when I drop off 10-15 items at once). I called customer service and they said it is up to the location.

That sucks. At my local UPS store they know me from my frequent Amazon (and before that Gazelle) trade-ins. So they don't even ask me - they just weigh it and print the receipt automatically. I don't want the receipt for my tracking number - I can just use the Amazon trade-in link to track the package. I want the receipt as proof that I mailed it in case the tracking never shows anything (as has happened to a few CAGs).

#3072 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

All of the disc games I sent in have been paid out. Now just waiting on my cart only games.

is anyone having an issue with the cart games?

i sent in xbox scarface and doom 64 together, the scarface was approved for $30, but the doom which i listed as 'acceptable' says pending in the email i received, on their site it says 'processing'

ive never seen that before with previous trade ins, you figure they open the package and both are together they would get it over with

#3073 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

is anyone having an issue with the cart games?

i sent in xbox scarface and doom 64 together, the scarface was approved for $30, but the doom which i listed as 'acceptable' says pending in the email i received, on their site it says 'processing'

ive never seen that before with previous trade ins, you figure they open the package and both are together they would get it over with

This happened with every single box I sent with complete and cart only games.

The next day I had the cart only games approved. I think they actually test out the cart only games.

#3074 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

So i checked mail today and there was a package from NorAm. I'm thinking "What the hell is this? Nothing was rejected". I open it up and it's IMAX Under the Sea 3D from a groupon deal.

#3075 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

My FFVI Advance is still processing, but my Mega Man and Bass and Golden Sun The Lost Age credited. All of them have boxes, but no manual. I did have some random inserts the games came with so maybe that helped lol.

#3076 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

09/27/12 Delivery date:
Four fully paid out, no GBA games in shipment
Two partially paid out, GBA games pending, non-GBA games paid out, in Processing state
Two in Processing state, all GBA games in shipments

09/28/12 Delivery date:
Two shipments showing as Not Received, UPS shows as delivered

10/01/12 Delivery date:
One shipment shows Processing

They paid out one more non-GBA trade-in and marked the non-GBA shipment received today as Processing. The two non-GBA shipments that arrived on Friday are still showing as Nor Received.

As all of my GBA games were complete, I can't see them doing anything except accept them as Good and go on with my day.

#3077 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

all of my complete games accepted at full value today except my super smash bros with a faded sun label on the front. amazon put it at acceptable for "Original packaging missing" strangely. all cart only gb/n64 games are still processing.

i have 6 more trade ins to send in and had a question though. one of my trades is 2 cart only gb games, i was planning on using quite a small box to ship them, but the shipping label when printed would be too big for it. is it okay to resize a label in paint or something a little bit to make it smaller or will it not scan then?

i posted this a page or two back and was wondering if anyone had an answer since i'm going to ship them out tomorrow.

#3078 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

all of my complete games accepted at full value today except my super smash bros with a faded sun label on the front. amazon put it at acceptable for "Original packaging missing" strangely. all cart only gb/n64 games are still processing.

i posted this a page or two back and was wondering if anyone had an answer since i'm going to ship them out tomorrow.

Scale the label down to fit the box. I've printed UPS labels at 70% normal size and not had issues with them scanning and working for shipment.

#3079 rioskenny

rioskenny

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

okay today my package arrived to amazon, checked via usps track code, but when i went to amazon it said Not Yet Received/In Transit should i be worried it arrived to a wrong address, or is that normal from amazon?

#3080 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

okay today my package arrived to amazon, checked via usps track code, but when i went to amazon it said Not Yet Received/In Transit should i be worried it arrived to a wrong address, or is that normal from amazon?

It is normal. Just takes them a bit to get the packages from some hypothetical 'giant inbox/bin' into the Amazon system.Also, all my cart games have taken longer. Actually had Gauntlet (PS1) accepted today in a shipment with 3 N64 games and they are all still pending.

#3081 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

Did the gift card history disappear? I can only see my balance now, not what orders are pending/when gifts were applied, etc.

#3082 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

hmmm same here.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3083 rioskenny

rioskenny

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

It is normal. Just takes them a bit to get the packages from some hypothetical 'giant inbox/bin' into the Amazon system.Also, all my cart games have taken longer. Actually had Gauntlet (PS1) accepted today in a shipment with 3 N64 games and they are all still pending.

thanks for answering, i get all paranoid with amazon xD

#3084 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Lol, I sent in 5 packages and they all arrived on Friday. I've been credited for only one, and one of them still says not yet received. So yeah, this isn't the most organized or logical process.
76561197996844513.png

#3085 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Had a BUNCH of cart only games downgraded to acceptable (as expected) just now. I'll take $21 a piece for those all day long. My perfect condition cart only Pokemon Stadium was marked unacceptable as some other people here have mentioned. For whatever reason, they are still processing Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and Donkey Kong Country. Anyways, looks like all the values are being honored.

The people who had Pokemon Stadium rejected most likely did not submit it with the Transfer Pak that it originally came with. I included it with my copy and I got paid out for it just fine. I also made sure to include the original memory card with Animal Crossing.

#3086 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

The people who had Pokemon Stadium rejected most likely did not submit it with the Transfer Pak that it originally came with. I included it with my copy and I got paid out for it just fine. I also made sure to include the original memory card with Animal Crossing.

Aw shit, I didn't even consider the transfer pak. I guess that's one game I'll be getting back

#3087 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

One of my two remaining cart-only trade-ins cleared earlier tonight--Godzilla: Domination x2 (GBA) for $42 total.

The Very Good copy of WWF Attitude (PS1) I ordered through the Warehouse for ~$5.59 arrived today as well, so I can ship that off for another ~$30. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3088 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

normal. sometimes it won't hit the Processing stage for a day or two after it arrives.

#3089 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Starting day #5 of processing.

#3090 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Starting day #5 of processing.