Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#3151 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

ahhh, I have like 3 of those! I didn't realize that was one of the games. :bomb:

It wasn't worth much, so don't feel too bad. Only 6.95. lol Wish I could have found my old metal gear, crash bandicoot, and pokemon red/blue though.

#3152 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

The shame of it is that I sent mine off but I have been playing through nuclear strike recently and that game is awesome. Good thing it's easy to find for a few bucks.

Yeah, it's tough dipping into the personal collection sometimes; I could have sent in a Super Mario Land and Dr. Maro n64 but it didn't seem worth it-- having to track down clean replacements for a couple bucks in credit.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#3153 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Yeah, it's tough dipping into the personal collection sometimes; I could have sent in a Super Mario Land and Dr. Maro n64 but it didn't seem worth it-- having to track down clean replacements for a couple bucks in credit.

I was able to trade off a couple of games in exchange for boxed copies of the same game by spending just a couple of bucks. Totally sweet.

#3154 beetlegum

beetlegum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

I still have 3 trades processing ever since Friday. This is driving me nuts. It happens to be the three freaking games I bought for flipping too. Of course, they process quickly the games from my personal collection. $160 credit so far. Fun while it lasted!

#3155 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

My last package was delivered today at 11:30am according to Amazon page.

Hmmm, its 10:43. Hmmm.

#3156 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

My last set of GBA games was paid out, so now it's just a single Xbox game remaining to be paid out.

#3157 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

My last package was delivered today at 11:30am according to Amazon page.

Hmmm, its 10:43. Hmmm.

yeah same :lol:

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#3158 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Ugh, the tracking page for that troubled package hasn't had any movement since I dropped it off. I know not every stop for every package gets a scan but I'm extra paranoid because UPS fucked with it in the first place. I just want to see that thing checked in Ohio or some other leg of the trip so I can breathe easy.

#3159 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

My game are not even in processing even though it says they were delivered on Monday.

#3160 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

My 3 packages are all delivered, 2 processing, one has been paid out. Paid out was 11 trash games traded in for $48

YAY

#3161 FlamingXDragon

FlamingXDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Man this sucks. Both my crystal and silver version pokemon games were deemed unacceptable for some reason. I know they both worked fine with the other pokemon games (Red and Blue) I have sent in because I tested them before I sent them in. They were all without box and manual. They were in no worse condition than the others. That's $42 I could have had. :cry:

Edited by FlamingXDragon, 03 October 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#3162 FlamingXDragon

FlamingXDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

And how do they test gameboy games anyway? I have a feeling they just slap it in a gameboy and if it does not work the first time they mark it unacceptable.

#3163 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Got some more payouts and my first rejection. Supposedly Star Fox Adventures was missing its manual. Not sure about that one. Thought that one was in there. Hopefully they take my other Star Fox Adventures, which was in my collection, and I can just replace it with the one that was in my collection.

#3164 FlamingXDragon

FlamingXDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

^^ Did you not select downgrade item when you traded it in? And how much was it trading in for?

#3165 FlamingXDragon

FlamingXDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

And does anyone know if you can contact amazon if the game I get back is damaged? Two of my gameboy games were marked with severe damage.

#3166 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

And does anyone know if you can contact amazon if the game I get back is damaged? Two of my gameboy games were marked with severe damage.

You can always try. Just know that if they decide to give you the value of the trade-in, it will be in the form of Amazon promotional credit, not gift card credit (only usable on items sold by Amazon.com, so it excludes Warehouse items).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3167 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

^^ Did you not select downgrade item when you traded it in? And how much was it trading in for?

Apparently I have return downgraded items set as default and I didn't even realize it until now. But I was also selecting accurate conditions for everything, so hopefully I should be fine.

#3168 FlamingXDragon

FlamingXDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

You can always try. Just know that if they decide to give you the value of the trade-in, it will be in the form of Amazon promotional credit, not gift card credit (only usable on items sold by Amazon.com, so it excludes Warehouse items).

What is the best way to contact them if my trade ins were damaged? I wouldn't mind If I received promotional credit since I purchase many things directly from amazon anyway.

#3169 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

What is the best way to contact them if my trade ins were damaged? I wouldn't mind If I received promotional credit since I purchase many things directly from amazon anyway.

You could do a live chat online (be sure to specify that it's a trade-in-related question), or you could call through the phone. I've only used the former method once regarding a trade-in and it wasn't even related to damaged items, so I can't say with certainty which is the better option. Sorry. :-#

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3170 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Amazon says you should use their general purpose contact page for any questions in regards to trade-ins.
http://www.amazon.co...l?nodeId=518316

#3171 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Amazon says you should use their general purpose contact page for any questions in regards to trade-ins.
http://www.amazon.co...l?nodeId=518316

In the picker that comes up for the inquiry reason, there is an option for telling them it's related to a trade-in.

#3172 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

question. my games just got delivered to Kentucky now how long does it take from them to get approved?

#3173 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

if you read the thread you would notice that it is not a set time frame.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#3174 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Posted Image

Just finish freakin' processing already!

Putting the credit towards this once it posts:

Posted Image

#3175 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hah, they must have been watching this thread.

All accepted as good.

Off to buy stuff!

#3176 Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Mine just hit processing after arriving today. A little concerned about the rejections others have mentioned, but just in case I took pictures of every single thing I sent to them.

#3177 SteevL

SteevL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Mine arrived on Monday with 18 games in the box. Today they finally finished processing 9 of them, crediting me with the condition I listed them in. They also approved a DS game that had been in the lost & found at my job for a few months, so that's cool. Maybe they'll finish the rest by tomorrow.

#3178 ThePotato

ThePotato

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hey guys, I shipped out my 7-game, $82 package on last Wednesday, and it was delivered on Friday morning at 11:35 AM. It's mid-Wednesday afternoon, and I'm starting to get worried. Should I be?

#3179 rioskenny

rioskenny

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

yes! just got my 62$ from
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic= 30$
Fuzion Frenzy=16$
Arx Fatalis=16$
plus other credit i had from older trade equals 100$, amazon trades are really awesome! now putting my credit for an ipod touch 5g, hope it don't suck's

#3180 rioskenny

rioskenny

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

don't worry it takes time, that happened to me and it tooks around 3+ days after arriving to get marked as recieved, just wait a bit more :D