Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#301 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

got a rejection on an item that had a tiny sliver of a scratch on the top of the disc (ie not the shiny side). Was pretty surprised as it was otherwise in excellent condition and I actually had to squint to see what the sticker was pointing at. Still plays fine of course.

for kicks I emailed Amazon about it and for the first time I got the response "the third party purchaser of used games can reject whatever they want for any reason they choose." Interesting.

Personally if i had the job of "Check and see if this is in **** Condition"
I'd reject people for stupid shit like lack of bacon.

#302 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

So question, I've seen people mention how they've done promos in the past kinda like Gamestop or even Best Buy now... like trade so many at once and get an extra percentage or something.

Do they not do that any more? With GS and BB doing it now they may want to reconsider and start up some promos again. I mean BB is beating them on straight TiV's on a regular basis now for many games...

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#303 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

So question, I've seen people mention how they've done promos in the past kinda like Gamestop or even Best Buy now... like trade so many at once and get an extra percentage or something.

Do they not do that any more? With GS and BB doing it now they may want to reconsider and start up some promos again. I mean BB is beating them on straight TiV's on a regular basis now for many games...

They havent done this In at least a year.

#304 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:19 PM

I made a post in the bestbuy ad thread for those trying to flip dance central...

Dance central with 240pts is not accepted at amazon. It has a different Upc. People have been rejected on this game. See if you can peel off the Upc. If not, you're screwed.

Amazon sells this version but youre right noram doesnt accept as a trade. Thats whack. Your best bet is to trade it back in to bb for 20 before promo.

#305 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

They havent done this In at least a year.

That sucks, from what I see overall they're getting beaten out by BB with pre-promo TiV's (GS will win out nearly all the time when doing certain promos). That, coupled with the fact that many BB's sell Amazon credit, should probably make them reconsider doing some promos again.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#306 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

ZDoes anyone know what you need to trade in a Kinect?
Do i need to send in the box?
Mine is like new condition?
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#307 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

ZDoes anyone know what you need to trade in a Kinect?
Do i need to send in the box?
Mine is like new condition?

A kinect box + game + accessories + booklet. And the box has to be a kinect box not the not for resale boxes that come bundled.

#308 io

io

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

Got some credit today for games that got there mid-week last week. No problems with rejection. My game trades have been going pretty smoothly as of late.

#309 MirageStrike

MirageStrike

Unlimited Focus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

Black ops is worth 37 now. Not going to trade mines but I bet others would find this tempting.

#310 htown01

htown01

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

Black ops is worth 37 now. Not going to trade mines but I bet others would find this tempting.

That is a good TIV. That would be the same amount I would give for a well kept copy of :360:Black Ops ;)

#311 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:55 AM

Damn. Great deal. Wish I had a Black Ops that wasn't "not for resale."

#312 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

My trade-in survived Chelmsford without anything getting stolen.

#313 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:58 AM

Just wanted to let this known here. I had a trade in for NBA Jam rejected because of some small cracks on the disc. The original trade in amount was for $21. When Noram shipped it back to me, it was damaged and discarded in transit. I was waiting and waiting for an investigation and to hear back from them. It's been over 2 months, so I finally decided to email Amazon. Surprisingly they got back to me, on a holiday no less, within a few hours and credited me $21. Props to Amazon!
Posted Image

#314 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:00 AM

Nice TIV! Traded mine in for $35 to BBY but also sold a copy for $35 cash. Ah wells.

#315 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:29 AM

wow i traded all my extra blops for 32 at bestbuy a few weeks ago.
also got bout 200 of trade ins received today, so that's great ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#316 cheapbastard

cheapbastard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

Tried to sell some dvds & three $30 SNES games but they are being sent back. I though you could sell classic games w/o the box & manual??

#317 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:02 AM

Tried to sell some dvds & three $30 SNES games but they are being sent back. I though you could sell classic games w/o the box & manual??

Always ymmv with older games. If the tiv seems curiously inflated, seems they're more likely to reject without case and manual, but some have certainly had success.

#318 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

I submitted a trade valued at x.xx but a day or two later after I shipped it the value trade-in increases a few dollars, do I receive the submitted trade or do they adjust the price fluctuation? (First time trade-in)

Tracidic.png

#319 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

I submitted a trade valued at x.xx but a day or two later after I shipped it the value trade-in increases a few dollars, do I receive the submitted trade or do they adjust the price fluctuation? (First time trade-in)

Once you've locked in the base trade-in values, they're set. The good thing is that this works both ways: if the trade-in goes down for something you sent in you won't be affected.

#320 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

Damnit, I didn't realize the barcode on this game was messed up. I guess I shouldn't bother trading this into amazon?

#321 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

Ghostbusters for PS3 is trading in at over 10 bucks...(PS3 version only, 360 is at 2 lol)

#322 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

Once you've locked in the base trade-in values, they're set. The good thing is that this works both ways: if the trade-in goes down for something you sent in you won't be affected.

You can try calling Customer Service and see if they will give you the extra credit that it went up by as I beleive other Cags have gotten it done that way. And this also is a good reason in case you didnt do it, to always wait the full 7 days before mailing your trade in if you can. That way you can cancel and relock if it goes up.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#323 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

Some people make it a habit of complaining. Keep in mind that every call and email is recorded to your amazon account. Doesn't matter if its $2 or $200 they will see it.

#324 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

Some people make it a habit of complaining. Keep in mind that every call and email is recorded to your amazon account. Doesn't matter if its $2 or $200 they will see it.

And this is why I never complain about the small stuff. People love to get $1 back and then say "THIS IS CHEAP ASS GAMER RIGHT? CHEAP ASS GAMER!" :roll: And then when they get denied on a $20 issue, they wonder why.

Save it for real important issues. Even Amazon's goodwill only extends so far.

#325 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

^ Agreed, I only complain to Amazon when I really feel it is necessary, like a couple of times I have ordered from their grocery section and gotten expired items.

I'm not sure if this is the first time this has happened to anyone here but instead of downgraded on condition, I actually got upgraded on condition.

Game 1 was a XBox game in a generic black case with no manual and writing on the disc and a lot of scratches. I submitted it as acceptable, they revised it to good.

Game 2 was a 360 game also in a generic black case, former rental with no manual and very scratched. Like game 1, I submitted it as acceptable and they revised it to good.

#326 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

And this is why I never complain about the small stuff. People love to get $1 back and then say "THIS IS CHEAP ASS GAMER RIGHT? CHEAP ASS GAMER!" :roll: And then when they get denied on a $20 issue, they wonder why.

Save it for real important issues. Even Amazon's goodwill only extends so far.

Never forget the great Amazon Ban of 2008.

#327 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

Never forget the great Amazon Ban of 2008.

Based on some of the nonsense pulled by people (and I'm referring to the more shady activities, not just requesting a refund/credit), I'm eagerly awaiting the Great Amazon Ban of 2011.

I know I'm paying indirectly for their shenanigans and that pisses me off.

#328 jbLighty

jbLighty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

Pes 2011 for ps3 trading in for $22 :hot:
Posted Image

#329 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

Based on some of the nonsense pulled by people (and I'm referring to the more shady activities, not just requesting a refund/credit), I'm eagerly awaiting the Great Amazon Ban of 2011.

I know I'm paying indirectly for their shenanigans and that pisses me off.

LOL. I cant wait. Bestbuy needs to do it as well. They also seem to keep alot of information on trade-in customers so its only a matter of time before it happens.

I've been banned twice and it was for completely minor stuff. Banned from using coupons at gamestop...all i did was use a B&W coupon a few times. I also got banned from secondspin for trading in just 2 flintstones dvds!

#330 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

Indeed - some people make it a habit to pull shenanigans on Amazon. And to make it even worse, all those chat conversations are directly saved. Hopefully no one gets banned, but respectively, it would be nice for people to stop abusing Amazon's 'kindness'.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.