Photo
- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#3271 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

I'm pretty sure customer service is in on it, you won't get much and risk the infamous amazon account ban for complaining too much.

I'm pretty happy with what I've got but I've heard of scenarios in the past where people have gotten the quoted TIVs by calling. Someone I know managed to get the $270 trade in value for Dream, Dance, Cheer on Wii by complaining to customer service.

It'd be a different scenario if they said the item was damaged, "incorrect edition" is totally false in every way.

#3272 io

io

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

Yes, but since we aren't sending the magical gold-plated $30 versions of these games I guess they are by default "incorrect edition" ;).

#3273 Eggplant_Wizard

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

My shipping label is a broken image when I try to print it. Anyone else having that issue?

#3274 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Yup me too! (phew I thought it was just me, or that they had stopped giving access to expired ship date labels ;)) I guess I'll do it tomorrow. As far a GC games from Gamestop, I found most of the gems by having them print out a list of their inventory. There are ALWAYS more games in yellow sleeves than there are display cases. I did find a couple cheap and complete Buffy vampire slayer XBOX and a complete psx Frogger today. 90 more bucks booyah!
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3275 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

My last single item credited this evening, so I've not had any issues or any rejections. 100% success rate with 40-something items.

#3276 JUSTSULTAN

JUSTSULTAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

ok silly question but i would appreciate any help, how do you guys find out where it says the reason for not accepting your trade in? I have two xbox games (Rollercoaster Tycoon and cant remember the other one) that are being sent back and i know for sure they where mint. Thanks!

#3277 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

on your trade in page where it says returned/unacceptable to the right of the denied game there's a link that says incorrect condition or something of the sort. click on that and it will tell you.

#3278 JUSTSULTAN

JUSTSULTAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

on your trade in page where it says returned/unacceptable to the right of the denied game there's a link that says incorrect condition or something of the sort. click on that and it will tell you.

Thanks!

#3279 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Does Amazon accept gamefly chipped but playable disc?

Thank you

#3280 io

io

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Does Amazon accept gamefly chipped but playable disc?

Thank you

I don't think anyone can answer this for you. They might or they might not. As you can see from reading through the thread stuff is taken or not taken rather randomly.

#3281 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

I had two NES cart only games rejected. Mario 2 and Mario 3. The Mario 3 was in a trade with another Mario 3 that was accepted however. None of my GBA games were rejected. Prob doesn't help anyone but just felt like talking in case anyone cared.

#3282 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Had a 2nd copy of Pokemon Stadium rejected even though they took my first copy just fine (both were cart only). They also rejected DK 64. Castlevania 64, Jet Force Gemini, and Diddy Kong Racing were all accepted today as cart only. I'm still waiting on a few more cart-only games to be accepted...

#3283 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

I had two NES cart only games rejected. Mario 2 and Mario 3. The Mario 3 was in a trade with another Mario 3 that was accepted however. None of my GBA games were rejected. Prob doesn't help anyone but just felt like talking in case anyone cared.

No, this is nice. Gives me a small glimmer of hope for my big package (which moved like freakin' grease lightening for some reason yesterday and got delivered) with about 12 carts in it. I would be very happy to see any of those carts approved. Hoping disc games are still holding up. I have one disc game that's been in processing for two days, so hopefully today that pushes through.
EDIT: Sabanoo, that is great news. You just named off a few N64 carts I sent, so I'd love to see those go through. Still got a bunch of GB stuff in the mix that probably will get denied. But a few items would be better than none.

#3284 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

No, this is nice. Gives me a small glimmer of hope for my big package (which moved like freakin' grease lightening for some reason yesterday and got delivered) with about 12 carts in it. I would be very happy to see any of those carts approved. Hoping disc games are still holding up. I have one disc game that's been in processing for two days, so hopefully today that pushes through.
EDIT: Sabanoo, that is great news. You just named off a few N64 carts I sent, so I'd love to see those go through. Still got a bunch of GB stuff in the mix that probably will get denied. But a few items would be better than none.

I just had a few more cart-only games accepted: South Park (N64), Super Mario Land (GB), Super Mario World, Advance Wars, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario Bros 2, and Super Mario Advance 2.

The only rejected games for me ended up being DK64 and my 2nd copy of Pokemon Stadium.

#3285 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

My Good copies of F-Zero GX and MGS got accepted. Weird that they only declined the cart only games.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#3286 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

YAAAY

3rd and final package was accepted.
5 cart games:
DKC 2, SNES..21.00 acceptable
Pokemon snap, N64..13.75 acceptable
Super Mario Bros Deluxe, GBC..21.00 acceptable
Harry Potter Chamber/ Secrets, GBA..5.15 acceptable
Power rangers wild force, GBA..15.20 acceptable

So all 3 of my packages were accepted, I got $134.35 in GC from this sending in mostly trash games. Only a few I sent in actually had value / were easy sells.

Edited by Artrigis, 05 October 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#3287 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

First rejection today: one of the two copies of Red Dead Revolver (:xbox:) I sent, with the refusal reason stated as "Severe Damage". I'll see how it looks when (if?) I get it back, but unless they're talking about the condition of the disc (which I didn't check), I don't see it as being a viable reason for refusal since it was complete with case and manual (though if the rejected copy is the one I think it is, there was a lot of sticker residue), though yes, I understand that they can refuse anything for any reason.

I've made enough in profit from all this that I could just let it go (case in point: $30 from the other copy of Revolver and $50.70 from Lego Star Wars and CoD2: Big Red One processed this morning); like I said, I'll see how it looks when I get it back.

Edited by Vigilante, 05 October 2012 - 06:29 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3288 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Got 6 approvals and 2 rejections today. My gc balance is off though. IDK why. Normally it matches my spreadsheet, but it is like $8.05 off or something.

#3289 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

hoping last package goes through today since its been processing a few days (4 GC games, complete)

I should probably do a little spreadsheet for GCs too since the history isn't showing anymore.

#3290 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

:xbox: Lord of the Rings: ROTK just went through for $16.45

Still waiting on my other 4 :xbox: games (GTA Double Pack, Dragon's Lair, Nightfire, Hit & Run)
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#3291 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

My random lock of Transworld Surf for 21.00 that I didn't think would get put to use went through today (THANK YOU Irish, for the game!)
Oddly enough they upgraded me to Good for 30.00. Their perfectly cavalier approach to some of these trades is utterly confusing when the lies about the carts continue. Still, it's appreciated. :p

Now I wait for my big ass package, just went into processing, and my last minute flip which should get delivered early next week and I'll be done with all of this.

#3292 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

I think amazon is blocking old shipping labels from being printed. I can only pull up new trades submitted today. Anyone able to pull up old labels?
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3293 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I think amazon is blocking old shipping labels from being printed. I can only pull up new trades submitted today. Anyone able to pull up old labels?

Did you try switching out the Trade-In Transaction# in a newer trade for an older trade's Transaction# in the URL?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#3294 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

My random lock of Transworld Surf for 21.00 that I didn't think would get put to use went through today (THANK YOU Irish, for the game!)
Oddly enough they upgraded me to Good for 30.00.

Whoot!! Glad it was accepted I was starting to get worried for ya. I can't believe how many copies of Transworld Surf I found for 1.50. :)

#3295 PimpBot2000

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

The last of my games were approved today. 26 out of 26 games approved in total with no rejections for over $600 in credit. All of the games I sent in were complete except for a cart only GB Super Mario Land and NES SMB2. For me this was almost as good as last year's $200 TIV for phat PS2 systems.

#3296 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Yes those won't work. All old labels, even ones within the normal printing time limit won't work for me, only new ones I do today. I tried it on explorer and chrome.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3297 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

I think we should start a tally as to how much credit has been made off this.

#3298 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

This is pissing me off. The tracking info says they received my games on Monday, but the status is not received. -_-

#3299 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

10 rejections: 1 not working (psone that THEY damaged. I haven't retested it yet.), 3 severe damage (2 have label damage, but should have still been acceptable by their condition standards), 7 wrong edition (all are correct).

18 accepted with appropriate downgrades

12 pending

#3300 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

This is pissing me off. The tracking info says they received my games on Monday, but the status is not received. -_-

Be patient. Two of my trade-ins were stuck in "Not Yet Received" for almost a week after they had been received (according to the tracking info) and then I received an email saying they had been processed. So someone just forgot to change the status to "Processing" and the same might be the case for yours.

I'm definitely up for tallying up my profit once I'm done with all my trades (still have ~$100 worth remaining ;)). Also, the Nuclear Strike I submitted was just processed for $29.85. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png