Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#3301 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

10 rejections: 1 not working (psone that THEY damaged. I haven't retested it yet.), 3 severe damage (2 have label damage, but should have still been acceptable by their condition standards), 7 wrong edition (all are correct).

18 accepted with appropriate downgrades

12 pending

Update: I tested the PSOne and I works just like it did when I sent it in, now it has aqua colored scratches on the top. Thanks NORAM! I will complain to AZ about it eventually. I got back 6 of my rejected games that were 'wrong edition' a few minutes ago and they look like the same games.

No other updates yet.

#3302 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Be patient. Two of my trade-ins were stuck in "Not Yet Received" for almost a week after they had been received (according to the tracking info) and then I received an email saying they had been processed. So someone just forgot to change the status to "Processing" and the same might be the case for yours.

I'm definitely up for tallying up my profit once I'm done with all my trades (still have ~$100 worth remaining ;)). Also, the Nuclear Strike I submitted was just processed for $29.85. :D

Yeah, I just contacted customer service, and they told me it is processing, but on my account it still says not yet received so who knows.

#3303 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

I'm still waiting. one got approved for 30 today no problem. but waiting on two other games for a 49 dollar total. hope it goes through. those two games are processing

#3304 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

I got mine back and at least they are the same ones I sent out. The boxes are little banged up.

#3305 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

Got full credit for all of my Gamecube games.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#3306 JUSTSULTAN

JUSTSULTAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Maybe im a glutton for punishment but im enjoying the wait to see what all will be accepted or not. I like hearing everyones thought on the matter and successes and failures and so much more, at least thats how i see it. Its always a new experience that i have with the CAG community and this one is a trip! I initial put 120 in after reading this thread and so far ive had 2 rejections for no manual which i know is bs because i purchased everything the same day and everything was mint, but i have netted 325 so far and would be good with that . But a part of the thrill is the hope the more goes thru! Either way i will have a little extra money for the holidays.Thanks to whomever(looked thru to no avail) discovered this jewel of a deal and thanks CAG and best of luck!

#3307 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

I think I'm royally fucked. 3 of my packages are in processing and one of my packages didn't even make it out of my state. On the tracking page it says "Shipment damaged and will not be delivered." I mailed all 4 packages together at the same time at a UPS store.

What should I do? It had $90 worth of games (Technically I was only going to get $63 because it was 3 cart only gameboy games).

Should I call UPS or Amazon or go to the UPS store or just wait hoping I might someday get my "damaged" package back?

#3308 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

I think I'm royally fucked. 3 of my packages are in processing and one of my packages didn't even make it out of my state. On the tracking page it says "Shipment damaged and will not be delivered." I mailed all 4 packages together at the same time at a UPS store.

What should I do? It had $90 worth of games (Technically I was only going to get $63 because it was 3 cart only gameboy games).

Should I call UPS or Amazon or go to the UPS store or just wait hoping I might someday get my "damaged" package back?

Wow, that's really weird. How were they all packaged? (boxes/envelopes?)

#3309 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

Wow, that's really weird. How were they all packaged? (boxes/envelopes?)

Wrapped and bubble wrap and put into large ziplock bag with packing slip and then put in a little Amazon cardboard box.

It makes no damn sense. The package got damaged somewhere within 3 hours driving distance from my home. I'm upset and not sure what to do at this point.

#3310 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

6 trades (2 sent in late)
all delivered and paid in the last 2 days...:bouncy:

Most were in great shape and none were marked to allow downgrade...

One GBA for $30 but I sent in the complete boxed edition...
and one was a beat to hell Doom (scratched/covers torn off manual/ case with holes) that still got $30 (thanks pete)

sad I didn't get my act together and send in more...

about $275 total... mostly gamecube
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#3311 rioskenny

rioskenny

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

it is me or now there are not so many 15-30$ trades anymore? :/

#3312 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Wrapped and bubble wrap and put into large ziplock bag with packing slip and then put in a little Amazon cardboard box.

It makes no damn sense. The package got damaged somewhere within 3 hours driving distance from my home. I'm upset and not sure what to do at this point.

Better contact UPS to see what can be done. Logically, the damaged one should be returned back to you, but it sounds like it's been some time since the damage occurred?

Also, aren't UPS packages all covered by $100 insurance automatically? Maybe that's something to look into as well.

#3313 Mikocouch

Mikocouch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

it is me or now there are not so many 15-30$ trades anymore? :/

lol

#3314 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Yes those won't work. All old labels, even ones within the normal printing time limit won't work for me, only new ones I do today. I tried it on explorer and chrome.

So yea, what is the workaround for this? Can I use an old packing slip with a new UPS label then? I have a trade in I want to ship tomorrow but I can't create a new transaction because a couple of the items have dropped in value.

#3315 suko_32

suko_32

(soo-koh-32) - noun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Well, they accepted my Super Street Fighter 2 SNES for 30 so all my trades were accepted.
MGO: LiquidCake

#3316 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

If I remember right with a damaged or undelivered shipment if you contact amazon they'll have you wait the requisite 25 days or whatever and then they'll either pay out or try to get you to work with ups. I'd get the ball rolling now though.

MildObstruction.png

#3317 QSilverTwo

QSilverTwo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

So yea, what is the workaround for this? Can I use an old packing slip with a new UPS label then? I have a trade in I want to ship tomorrow but I can't create a new transaction because a couple of the items have dropped in value.

That should be fine as it is what I did yesterday. Since you're shipping out past the 7 days anyway, it's not like the correct/original tracking number for your trade-in will do any good with regards to evidence if your trade happens to expire before being processed. So, yes, just be sure to include the original packing slip with the all important, trade-in specific bar code!

#3318 Eggplant_Wizard

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

I couldn't get a label to print, but clicking on the add another label button worked.

#3319 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

My roommate just came up to me and gave me back some N64 games I let him borrow a long time ago. Totally forgot about them. Goldeneye was one of them :cry:

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#3320 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

Does amazon accept chipped but playable disc

#3321 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Woot! Earthbound is $30! Luckily I still have the box and guide so I should get full credit.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

The worst thing you could do is overcook a trout. I wish I could cook it less.

#3322 io

io

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Woot! Earthbound is $30! Luckily I still have the box and guide so I should get full credit.

While that may seem silly (I assume you are joking) we should all be glad they have that $30 maximum implemented for most games. Their automatic pricing system used to come up with completely wacky values ($60-$200 or more) for games when they were high-priced on the Amazon Marketplace but weren't necessarily worth much anywhere else. They were way more likely to reject stuff for bogus reasons when that was the case. At least with a lot of these recent "glitched" games $30 isn't too far off the real value and that's why most of them have been accepted.

#3323 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Not really the right place to ask this, but you guys all seem to know Amazon policies pretty well. Is there any way to cash out my gift card balance? I'm trying to save for something (that I can't buy on Amazon) and I'd prefer to have that in my savings. I just can't find any decent way to do it besides buying GS gift cards and selling them. Anybody know some tricks?

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#3324 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

^ Nope! Unless you buy items you then resell for cash.

#3325 myka22

myka22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

You can't be serious, you could sell that for like $200.

Currently Playing: Killer Instinct, Ryse.

#3326 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hey:

You can't be serious, you could sell that for like $200.

^The man speaks the truth.

...Of course, I could take it off your hands for $40...:lol:

On-topic, I'm getting worried about the cart-only Cabela's Big Game Hunter (GBA) that's still "Processing" because four days from now (10/10) marks 25 days from when I created the trade-in transaction, and it's been sitting at AFS for 10 days now (according to the tracker). I doubt they'll process anything over the weekend and Columbus Day is on Monday, so there's really only one business day on which it could go through. I'm contemplating contacting Amazon's CS on Tuesday evening if nothing happens by then.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3327 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hey:

^The man speaks the truth.

...Of course, I could take it off your hands for $40...:lol:

On-topic, I'm getting worried about the cart-only Cabela's Big Game Hunter (GBA) that's still "Processing" because four days from now (10/10) marks 25 days from when I created the trade-in transaction, and it's been sitting at AFS for 10 days now (according to the tracker). I doubt they'll process anything over the weekend and Columbus Day is on Monday, so there's really only one business day on which it could go through. I'm contemplating contacting Amazon's CS on Tuesday evening if nothing happens by then.

My copy got returned as wrong item. It was in my first batch of rejections.

Spoiler

#3328 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

My copy got returned as wrong item. It was in my first batch of rejections.

Spoiler

Well, that doesn't exactly fill me with hope. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3329 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

yeah iv got that earthbound complete also. $30 is way low. i still havnt even scratched the sheet of scratch n sniff cards. real authentic smells ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3330 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm getting depressed looking at my pic. That is $135+ in credit I missed out on. Not counting the PSone ($60 minimum) and power rangers ($25+), pokemon stadium, and whatever else they are returning. :cry: