Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#3331 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Not really the right place to ask this, but you guys all seem to know Amazon policies pretty well. Is there any way to cash out my gift card balance? I'm trying to save for something (that I can't buy on Amazon) and I'd prefer to have that in my savings. I just can't find any decent way to do it besides buying GS gift cards and selling them. Anybody know some tricks?

My plan is using the credit on Wii U system(s), should Amazon wind up selling them. WORSE case scenario is you break even, I can't imagine them selling less than MSRP. Hopefully they're in demand and you can make a little cheddar on top.

#3332 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

My copy got returned as wrong item. It was in my first batch of rejections.

Spoiler

I guess I should be happy I focused my flipping on disc based games. I did pick up a few goozex 100 pt cart games I can toss. I had most of my valuable gba and n64 accepted early in my first few submissions. Still hard to believe Amazon paid out as much as they did
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3333 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

if it makes you feel better i was a day late for locking in trades for 10 games for $300 i havnt touched in 5-7 years. oh wellz. i snooze i lose.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3334 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yeah Velo we can't win them all ....but we win our share ;)
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3335 QSilverTwo

QSilverTwo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

So how many days exactly are you guys having to wait from the day your trade is delivered to when you finally get the amazon gift card payment? I hope it isn't much more than a week because several of my trades will expire by then.

#3336 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

So how many days exactly are you guys having to wait from the day your trade is delivered to when you finally get the amazon gift card payment? I hope it isn't much more than a week because several of my trades will expire by then.

When you mean "expired", do you mean that it will be past the "Send by" date on the printed-out shipping label or past 25 days since you created the trade-in? If it's the former, you don't have to worry, but if it's the latter, you might have to contact Amazon Customer Service.

As for how long it takes, it varies, though I'd say about 4-7 days is the average for me, depending on when I dropped off a trade-in for UPS to ship (e.g., on a Friday evening so it wouldn't get delivered until Monday morning, on another weekday evening so it wouldn't get delivered until the next morning, on a weekday morning so it would get delivered later that day, etc.).

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3337 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Should I be worried that a lot of my items are still being 'processed'? Some of my stuff has already been approved/returned but it just seems kinda odd :/

#3338 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Should I be worried that a lot of my items are still being 'processed'? Some of my stuff has already been approved/returned but it just seems kinda odd :/

Nope, just be patient. You should only start worrying if they're still "Processing" closer to 25 days after you created the trade-ins.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

#3339 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Does amazon accept gamefly chipped but playable disc?

#3340 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Does amazon accept gamefly chipped but playable disc?

This was posted earlier.

Just to share, I've been trading in to Amazon since forever and just today got my first rejection. It was a stupid Gamefly PS3 disc with chipped edges (no scratches). I thought PS3 discs would hold up better than Xbox ones, but I guess PS3 renters like to play with their discs. No more Gamefly purchases from me.

#3341 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Nope, just be patient. You should only start worrying if they're still "Processing" closer to 25 days after you created the trade-ins.

vigilante, i send my stuff about 1 week ago, on the amazon tracking status, it said item is delievered on 10/3/2012, but under Transaction Status: Not Yet Received/In Transit. is that normal

#3342 chssnaredrum04

chssnaredrum04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

vigilante, i send my stuff about 1 week ago, on the amazon tracking status, it said item is delievered on 10/3/2012, but under Transaction Status: Not Yet Received/In Transit. is that normal

same thing here.
i traded in a game and it was delivered way before the shipping deadline even passed and it still shows up as "not yet received/in transit."
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3343 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

same thing here.
i traded in a game and it was delivered way before the shipping deadline even passed and it still shows up as "not yet received/in transit."

i had never experienced something like this before, i have traded many times to amazon. i am getting really scared, especially the other package i send with it 1 week ago, was already verified/ credited for on 10/2/2012.

#3344 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

same thing here.

Same, I mentioned this earlier as well. Talked to customer service and they told me it was processing. As long as others are affected, I'm not as worried.

#3345 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

same thing here.

Same, I mentioned this earlier as well. Talked to customer service and they told me it was processing. As long as others are affected, I'm not as worried.

To all of you, if this is like what happened with two of my trade-ins, you have nothing to worry about:

I dropped off three trade-ins for UPS to deliver and all three were received on the same day but only one was described as "Processing". For a week I was worried that I wouldn't get credit for the other two games because they were still "Not Yet Received", but about a day or so after the "Processing" trade-in went through, I received confirmation emails for the other two saying that they went through, as well. So they were there all along, but someone forgot to change the status from "Not Yet Received" to "Processing".

I'll say it again: Just be patient. Breathe in, breathe out, and relax. Only panic if nothing changes between now and 25 days after you created the trade-in(s). :)

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3346 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

To all of you, if this is like what happened with two of my trade-ins, you have nothing to worry about:

I dropped off three trade-ins for UPS to deliver and all three were received on the same day but only one was described as "Processing". For a week I was worried that I wouldn't get credit for the other two games because they were still "Not Yet Received", but about a day or so after the "Processing" trade-in went through, I received confirmation emails for the other two saying that they went through, as well. So they were there all along, but someone forgot to change the status from "Not Yet Received" to "Processing".

I'll say it again: Just be patient. Breathe in, breathe out, and relax. Only panic if nothing changes between now and 25 days after you created the trade-ins(s). :)

ok, thanks for speedy reply.

#3347 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

ok, thanks for speedy reply.

No prob. ;)

I just used a spreadsheet to total the Amazon credit I've gotten these last few weeks, and...I think I'm having trouble breathing:

$912.00
:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

*hyperventilates*

Note that in terms of profit, I have to factor in the money I spent acquiring some of the games I traded in, about $150, which still leaves ~$760! \\:D/
...And I'm still waiting on another ~$140 before I'm all done. :shock:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3348 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

No prob. ;)

I just used a spreadsheet to total the Amazon credit I've gotten these last few weeks, and...I think I'm having trouble breathing:

$912.00
:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

*hyperventilates*

Note that in terms of profit, I have to factor in the money I spent acquiring some of the games I traded in, about $150, which still leaves ~$760! \\:D/
...And I'm still waiting on another ~$140 before I'm all done. :shock:

Yeah, I think after all the dust settles lots of folks will want to strut their crazy totals. After we've gotten it out of our systems it'll be new thread time. This has definitely been the nuttiest run I've ever seen with amazon since the promo/no 2x limit days. I miss the promos, they were fun.

MildObstruction.png

#3349 itsoverninethousand

itsoverninethousand

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

There's no way he's paying taxes.

Please, that dude is an upstanding citizen. He will do the right thing. Give us CAG's come credit.

#3350 naucratis

naucratis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

"You can have my Amazon credit when you pry it

from my cold dead hands". :roll:

#3351 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Give me "acceptable" condition, or give me death!

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#3352 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

My last package of doom 64 and super mario land was accepted for $42.

I also got a $10 amazon promo based on using my own shipping carrier on a game that was rejected.

I should of locked in a few more I had. Could have had about another $100 in credit but I'm happy with what I got out of it.

My doom64 was missing a huge chunk of the back label. It was a double so i purposely sent in the copy in worse condition only to fear rejections after. I can't beleive they accepted that game but rejected goldeneye 007 for marked for resale because it had a property of blockbuster label.

needler420.png

#3353 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

For gba games did you need the box it came in? I had 5 games that were going for 30 each. I just never submitted it cuz I wasnt home....

#3354 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

For gba games did you need the box it came in? I had 5 games that were going for 30 each. I just never submitted it cuz I wasnt home....

Yeah for $30 you need the box. Loose cart is $21 TIV.

That's just a general consenus thing though apparently people have got rejections from all sorts of things. A lot of it is amazon doing anything they can not to honor such a high TIV.

needler420.png

#3355 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

anybody else has problems printing their UPS shipping labels? I have a trade in supposed to be submitted by today, but the shipping label is a blank picture.

#3356 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

anybody else has problems printing their UPS shipping labels? I have a trade in supposed to be submitted by today, but the shipping label is a blank picture.

Do you have an ad blocker running?

#3357 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

i got my last trade in credit today... was stuck in processing for a few days but glad to see i got the credit even though i shipped a little late

1080i is for douchebags

#3358 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

I had put some separate trade-ins in the same box (6 into 3 boxes, so 2 each), and I was worried they were somehow lost because of that (knew there was a risk), but they've just been received and entered processing (except for Donkey/Diddy Kong Racing), but I'm very relieved I didn't miss out on $30 for my Metal Gear Solid 1's (I guess I shouldn't speak so soon).

#3359 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

i got my last trade in credit today... was stuck in processing for a few days but glad to see i got the credit even though i shipped a little late

Good, I was hoping they didn't get Columbus Day off.

Everything I have left is in processing. Hoping for a profitable holiday!
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#3360 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Just had my last package (1 GBA game, cart only) credited today.

Edited by shrike4242, 08 October 2012 - 08:08 PM.