Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#3361 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Got my last package of 4 GC games processed for $113. Took a few days longer than the other ones (and shipped after prices went down) so was a little worried, but all is well.

#3362 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Received my Mario is missing, tetrisphere, and rat attack back today. They used the same box, with no padding, and the stickers on the carts said "unauthorized copy" as if they were bootlegs. Lol. Whatever amazon, apparently you think your customers are idiots and its okay to lie to them. Just make a misc rejection with no reason given or admit the values were too high.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#3363 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Maybe I should contact a CS rep. via chat tonight regarding my pending-for-15-days Cabela's Big Game Hunter trade-in instead of waiting until tomorrow (10/10 marks 25 days since I created the trade-in) since some of you are having trade-ins processed...

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3364 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Maybe I should contact a CS rep. via chat tonight regarding my pending-for-15-days Cabela's Big Game Hunter trade-in instead of waiting until tomorrow (10/10 marks 25 days since I created the trade-in) since some of you are having trade-ins processed...

I have 2 old ones too. DBZ II on GBA and something else I sent with game that have already been rejected and sent back. I did get one of my 'newer games processed today, but it seems like they are piled up and just taking whatever came in. I still have 10 or so games pending.

#3365 io

io

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Yay, the 4 games I sent in on my wife's account finally got credited (nearly $90 for 4 Gamecube games). Now she can blow all that credit on ephemeral Kindle stuff ;).

On my account I'm still waiting on 3 more packages. Two have been delivered (with one processing since Oct. 4th) and one has been sitting in Hodgkins, IL since the 2am on the 5th, apparently.

#3366 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'm waiting on two final packages to go through. They arrived on the 5th, so I still have some time to go.

#3367 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Yay, the 4 games I sent in on my wife's account finally got credited (nearly $90 for 4 Gamecube games). Now she can blow all that credit on ephemeral Kindle stuff ;).

The cheapass in me has yet to pay for any digital downloads. I couldn't do it even with flip profits.

Edited by io, 08 October 2012 - 11:18 PM.

...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3368 io

io

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

The cheapass in me has yet to pay for any digital downloads. I couldn't do it even with flip profits.

Yeah, it pains me, too - especially since she ran out of credit recently and we actually had our credit card charged for that stuff (the horror!). But as long as there's trade-in credit I don't mind too much. She loves her Kindle. Fortunately (for me) her Kindle broke a few months back. She finally just got around to getting it replaced, though - so the charges are showing up again ;).

#3369 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Had a friend who got some of his games rejected (although some were accepted as well) because of 'severe damage' when they were tested and working before being sent out.

First the CS rep claimed that it is up to the merchant whether or not to accept the games and that he couldn't do anything to help, but I guess the CS rep gave him promotional credit after the conversation was over in the amount that he missed out on. It was around $70 or something.

#3370 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

All my stuff has finally processed and I'm thrilled. A bit bummed that some things were rejected, but most of them had valid reasons (dead batteries).

I do have a bit of a conundrum, though. I sent Pokemon Blue in on its own transaction, but in a box with two other items. Both the other items were processed and I was credited, but Pok Blue is still marked 'not received'. Sucks, but I should have known better and I could probably get it dealt with. But wait, here is another transaction of mine with a bunch (nine) items. I couldn't find one of them (Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga) when I sent it off, but I got credited for it anyway! Hooray, that balances it out... EXCEPT, I found the damn game before they gave me the credit and I sent it in on its own. So what's going to happen? Will they just send the game back? If so, I'll just call it even and be grateful for the crazy amount of credit I've gotten. If not, I'll be annoyed, but with the crazy amount of credit I've gotten I don't really feel like I can complain. What would you do?

If it matters, all my stuff was sent in from my personal collection. Most of it was easy to part with, with some exceptions (e.g. my very nice MGS and my GBC Zelda carts). And there were a number more things I could (should?) have sent in but chose not to send off.

#3371 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Had a friend who got some of his games rejected (although some were accepted as well) because of 'severe damage' when they were tested and working before being sent out.

First the CS rep claimed that it is up to the merchant whether or not to accept the games and that he couldn't do anything to help, but I guess the CS rep gave him promotional credit after the conversation was over in the amount that he missed out on. It was around $70 or something.

That's what was listed on mine that had dead batteries. Hopefully that wasn't the case with your friend, because that is actually a valid reason (even if mis-labelled by them) and no one should get credit in that case.

#3372 io

io

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

If it matters, all my stuff was sent in from my personal collection. Most of it was easy to part with, with some exceptions (e.g. my very nice MGS and my GBC Zelda carts). [highlight]And there were a number more things I could (should?) have sent in but chose not to send off[/highlight].

I'm with you there. I should have sent in Starfox Adventures, SSBM, another Mario Party or 2, and a few more GBA games. Glad I kept Mario Sunshine (kids still play it) and Zelda Wind Waker (just cause) though.

#3373 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

I received my rejected package today. Too bad they sent me the wrong game lol. They were quick to credit me the full "good" value and let me keep the one I received. Now I'm trading that one in lol.

#3374 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

A few days ago I posted about my $90 trade in that was reported as "Shipment damaged and will not be delivered." On the UPS tracking page it actually says "Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage."

I packed the box perfectly with bubble wrap and put the games in a nice big ziplock bag with more bubble wrap. I used a bunch of the heavy duty scotch shipping tape. There's no reason for this box to get damaged when I dropped off four boxes and the other 3 were delivered fine. I kind of wonder if someone at the UPS sorting facility is tampering with boxes or something. Either that or they threw it out the truck window while speeding down the highway.

Anyway, after a 5 minute phone call with Amazon, they credited me the $90. I'm really impressed with Amazon right now. They made me "a one time exception" like they tell everyone. The $90 shows up as "promotional credit." It's not in my giftcard balance.

Thanks to everyone who offered their advice on this matter. I really appreciate it.

I'm with you there. I should have sent in Starfox Adventures, SSBM, another Mario Party or 2, and a few more GBA games. Glad I kept Mario Sunshine (kids still play it) and Zelda Wind Waker (just cause) though.

Yeah, I didn't end up parting with any of my Mario games. At $30 a piece, they weren't offering a whole lot more than what games like Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Sunshine are actually selling for. I should have at least traded in the Mario Party games and Luigi's Mansion, but I didn't. I'll regret my decision though when Black Friday comes and I don't have money to buy stuff.

I looked all over for my darn Mario Bros 2 NES cartridge. I would have liked to get the $21 credit for it, but I couldn't find it. I bought it for $1.99 at Goodwill a long time ago even though I don't have an NES. I put it somewhere to "air out" because it had a weird smell to it.

At least I got $30 for my "Oddworld" ps1 game I bought at Goodwill for $1.99 a couple months ago. I think $1.99 --> $30 is one of my best ratio flips of all time.;)

I also traded in Resident Evil 1 for gamecube and StarFox Assault for $30 each. Starfox didn't have the manual, but they accepted it as "good" anyway. Maybe because I typed in to "return the item" if it didn't meet the requirements. All in all I received $180 amazon credit today.

#3375 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

A few days ago I posted about my $90 trade in that was reported as "Shipment damaged and will not be delivered." On the UPS tracking page it actually says "Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage."

I packed the box perfectly with bubble wrap and put the games in a nice big ziplock bag with more bubble wrap. I used a bunch of the heavy duty scotch shipping tape. There's no reason for this box to get damaged when I dropped off four boxes and the other 3 were delivered fine. I kind of wonder if someone at the UPS sorting facility is tampering with boxes or something. Either that or they threw it out the truck window while speeding down the highway.

Anyway, after a 5 minute phone call with Amazon, they credited me the $90. I'm really impressed with Amazon right now. They made me "a one time exception" like they tell everyone. The $90 shows up as "promotional credit." It's not in my giftcard balance.

Thanks to everyone who offered their advice on this matter. I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I didn't end up parting with any of my Mario games. At $30 a piece, they weren't offering a whole lot more than what games like Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Sunshine are actually selling for. I should have at least traded in the Mario Party games and Luigi's Mansion, but I didn't. I'll regret my decision though when Black Friday comes and I don't have money to buy stuff.

I looked all over for my darn Mario Bros 2 NES cartridge. I would have liked to get the $21 credit for it, but I couldn't find it. I bought it for $1.99 at Goodwill a long time ago even though I don't have an NES. I put it somewhere to "air out" because it had a weird smell to it.

At least I got $30 for my "Oddworld" ps1 game I bought at Goodwill for $1.99 a couple months ago. I think $1.99 --> $30 is one of my best ratio flips of all time.;)

I also traded in Resident Evil 1 for gamecube and StarFox Assault for $30 each. Starfox didn't have the manual, but they accepted it as "good" anyway. Maybe because I typed in to "return the item" if it didn't meet the requirements. All in all I received $180 amazon credit today.

The reason why they did that was because they are contracted or whatever through UPS. I'm thinking they'd dispute it with UPS if they lost/damaged it in transit.

This is the good reason for using their pre-paid labels and not shipping with your own carrier.

You might say why would anyone even use their own carrier, well I'm a perfect example for me its cheaper to ship USPS then to get to the closest UPS drop box. Problem with that is no security unless you're paying for insurance.

needler420.png

#3376 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

The reason why they did that was because they are contracted or whatever through UPS. I'm thinking they'd dispute it with UPS if they lost/damaged it in transit.

This is the good reason for using their pre-paid labels and not shipping with your own carrier.

That's interesting. I'm glad Amazon is disputing it instead of me.

#3377 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

ohh jeez
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3378 io

io

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

^^ whaa?

Anyway, I got a very late in the day (5:30 Pacific) email from Amazon saying that my package (one that has been processing since the 4th) was accepted in full today. That was a very pleasant surprise as I usually get those emails in the morning. Maybe they are working overtime on this somewhat of a holiday (for banks and the post office only) ;).

Edited by io, 11 October 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#3379 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

That's what was listed on mine that had dead batteries. Hopefully that wasn't the case with your friend, because that is actually a valid reason (even if mis-labelled by them) and no one should get credit in that case.

You know, I never thought of that. I'll have to ask if he had any games with batteries in them.

#3380 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Well, I got another approval (of one of my newest games sent in). I now have over a 'monkey' from these trades.

#3381 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

That's interesting. I'm glad Amazon is disputing it instead of me.

All UPS packages have complimentary $100 insurance. If UPS admitted fault, amazon got paid the $90,so no reason at all for them not to pay you.

#3382 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

What was in the package that didn't make it? Maybe UPS did you a favor as some/all of those games may have been rejected.

#3383 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Mega package had all of its disc games approved for a cool 350. Got about 300 in carts that are still pending, instead of outright being denied. Gives me hope that these carts might actually get approved

#3384 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Me too, my last minute finds and submissions are still being accepted.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3385 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

What was in the package that didn't make it? Maybe UPS did you a favor as some/all of those games may have been rejected.

I wasn't really going to say, but they did do me a favor. I know I would have ended up with $63 downgraded from $90. I sent in 3 cart-only gameboy games. They probably cost me only about a dollar something each when Gamestop was clearancing out their gameboy games a long while back. They were like 75% off I believe. Stack that with the 10% pur discount and you got yourself a pretty sweet price. I bought hundreds of gameboy games but only a few were worth anything during the amazon TIV spike.

#3386 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

*sigh* Cabela's Big Game Hunter is still "Processing"... :bomb: And another trade was processed (WWF Attitude - $28.95).

If that hasn't changed by the time I get home tonight, I'm contacting Amazon. For those of you who talked with someone regarding trade-ins, what would be the better method of contact: Phone or live chat?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

#3387 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

*sigh* Cabela's Big Game Hunter is still "Processing"... :bomb: And another trade was processed (WWF Attitude - $28.95).

If that hasn't changed by the time I get home tonight, I'm contacting Amazon. For those of you who talked with someone regarding trade-ins, what would be the better method of contact: Phone or live chat?

man relax about Cabela's. let it expire, contact amazon and show that the tracking number was received, and you'll be good to go.

#3388 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

man relax about Cabela's. let it expire, contact amazon and show that the tracking number was received, and you'll be good to go.

OK, sorry to be so impatient; this is just a new experience for me. I've got the Trade-In ID# and Tracking# written down, so I'm good to go. Thanks for the advice.

...But would live chat or a phone call be the way to go for something like this?

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3389 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

OK, sorry to be so impatient, this is just a new experience for me. I've got the Trade-In ID# and Tracking# written down, so I'm good to go. Thanks for the advice.

...But would live chat or a phone call be the way to go for something like this?

If it makes you feel better, I have an item delivered 10-5-12 and it still isn't even showing as received/processing. Even though it was delivered.

#3390 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

If it makes you feel better, I have an item delivered 10-5-12 and it still isn't even showing as received/processing. Even though it was delivered.

The same thing happened with two of my trade-ins--they were delivered but not showing as "Processing", yet I eventually received emails saying they were processed and got their respective values credited.

The difference with this game is that tomorrow will mark 25 days since I created the trade-in and it's been sitting at AFS for nearly 15 days now. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png