Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#3391 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

The same thing happened with two of my trade-ins--they were delivered but not showing as "Processing", yet I eventually received emails saying they were processed and got their respective values credited.

The difference with this game is that tomorrow will mark 25 days since I created the trade-in and it's been sitting at AFS for nearly 15 days now. :cry:

We will have to see what AZ customer service does. Personally I am going to email them after all the dust clears from my rejected trades. I like to email them, since it gives you a 'Did I resolve your problem" link on each message. Usually they won't do anything the first time, but if you click no, they usually cave when it goes to the next person.

I am going to try to get credit for all of my 'incorrect edition' items. I am not going to bother fighting over the 'damaged' ones, since damage can be subjective.

#3392 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

All of my stuff finally cashed out! (or is it cashed in?)

Exceeept for Pokemon Stadium, they did however take Diddy Kong Racing as cart-only acceptable, so I'm satisfied I got $21 for that one at least, especially since I was hearing cart games being rejected.

#3393 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

I just got hooked up. I sent in Resident Evil DC and Crash Bandicoot with no manual just disc and back art. I locked them in at $21 each. They just gave me $30 credit for each game. I also got all my cart games accepted.

#3394 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

is there a limit on how much promotional credit you can receive/how many items you can receive it on? i was just told that since i got $30 credit on one of my games, that it was a 'one time thing' and they could not give me any other credit for any other of my rejections.

#3395 io

io

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I guess they have processed the glut of stuff from earlier. At this point all that should be arriving are packages from the West Coast locked in at the end and sent at the last minute. My latest one arrived yesterday and got paid out today which is just lightning fast for them recently (though it always used to be like that 2-3 years ago). These were ones I almost didn't send in so that's why I had just 2 locked on what was probably the last day possible. But now I am glad I did send them in and as I said earlier I wish I had sent a few more from my collection. Since I'd already busted it up with the initial trades, I should have just sent everything worth over $10 in. Now my Gamecube collection has some gaping holes in it (Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, StarFox Assault, Animal Crossing, the Sonic Adventure games, and a few others).

I just have one more package with 2 GBA games that hasn't even arrived there yet.

#3396 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

is there a limit on how much promotional credit you can receive/how many items you can receive it on? i was just told that since i got $30 credit on one of my games, that it was a 'one time thing' and they could not give me any other credit for any other of my rejections.

lol they say that everytime they issue a promo credit. it's to discourage people from constantly trying to get credits and it seems to have had an effect on the first CAGer ever :applause:

(only kidding)

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#3397 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

I guess they have processed the glut of stuff from earlier. At this point all that should be arriving are packages from the West Coast locked in at the end and sent at the last minute. My latest one arrived yesterday and got paid out today which is just lightning fast for them recently (though it always used to be like that 2-3 years ago). These were ones I almost didn't send in so that's why I had just 2 locked on what was probably the last day possible. But now I am glad I did send them in and as I said earlier I wish I had sent a few more from my collection. Since I'd already busted it up with the initial trades, I should have just sent everything worth over $10 in. Now my Gamecube collection has some gaping holes in it (Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, StarFox Assault, Animal Crossing, the Sonic Adventure games, and a few others).

I just have one more package with 2 GBA games that hasn't even arrived there yet.

Ya ups is taking their sweet time with my stuff. I dropped stuff off on the 28th and it still hasn't gotten there yet. I swear it's one person driving it from AK to wherever.

#3398 io

io

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

Ya ups is taking their sweet time with my stuff. I dropped stuff off on the 28th and it still hasn't gotten there yet. I swear it's one person driving it from AK to wherever.

Alaska? If it takes 8-9 days from the West Coast (CA/OR/WA) then I could only imagine how long it takes them to Pony Express that stuff from Alaska :roll:.

#3399 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

lol they say that everytime they issue a promo credit. it's to discourage people from constantly trying to get credits and it seems to have had an effect on the first CAGer ever :applause:

(only kidding)

haha i mean that's honestly what i suspected while i was on the phone, i just didn't know what to say to that specific rep after they kept saying no to everything i said.

i'll have to give it a go for my other games again tomorrow, guess i'll try via live chat instead.

#3400 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

How do I know when my trade-in expires?

Status on your trade in page will say expired.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3401 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Alaska? If it takes 8-9 days from the West Coast (CA/OR/WA) then I could only imagine how long it takes them to Pony Express that stuff from Alaska :roll:.

The sad thing is that USPS ships from AK to WA in 2 days with regular mail. From AK to PA it takes 3-4 days. UPS good lord, I swear they still drive trucks through Canada. It's the only logical explanation I have when I get an item shipped by them. If my trade ins expire before the packages arrive I'm going to be one upset camper.

#3402 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

^ Nope! Unless you buy items you then resell for cash.

Darn.

My plan is using the credit on Wii U system(s), should Amazon wind up selling them. WORSE case scenario is you break even, I can't imagine them selling less than MSRP. Hopefully they're in demand and you can make a little cheddar on top.

I would if I had the scratch, but I missed out on the TIV jump. I only got a little under $100.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#3403 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Praise jeebus, 11/13 carts were just accepted. I'm shocked. Donkey Kong 64 was "wrong item" and Pokemon Stadium was "unacceptable", both which are total bunk, but they actually accepted 11 friggin carts. Amazing. I'll have to add everything up but I know I'm sitting at over 1500 in credit

#3404 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

All but one of mine finished clearing up today, no rejects (I suspect that one will forever vanish in to the halls of noram). Hell of a good haul, right around $1k. Have to make sure to find some way to balance my flipping karma.

MildObstruction.png

#3405 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Praise jeebus, 11/13 carts were just accepted. I'm shocked. Donkey Kong 64 was "wrong item" and Pokemon Stadium was "unacceptable", both which are total bunk, but they actually accepted 11 friggin carts. Amazing. I'll have to add everything up but I know I'm sitting at over 1500 in credit

It kind of seems like their usual tactic of rejecting things when they get too many of them traded in. I had an early copy of Pokemon Stadium accepted and a later one rejected for some random reason.

Thankfully (?) they decided to permanently damage my 2nd copy so I ended up getting credit anyway...

#3406 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Mario World Advance accepted this morning for $30 despite not having the cardboard tray inside. Still waiting on Goldeneye and No Mercy.

#3407 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

My 8 GameCube games got accepted today. They also upgraded 4 of them to good, even though only 2 of the 4 had manuals. Sweet! Now to see what happens with my Gameboy games.

#3408 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

I think they are letting my old trades expire. They rejected about 6 of them today that I sent as 'return if downgraded'. Man I wish I wasn't so busy when these things were popping up, I would have had about $500 more in credit. I intend to call about my 'wrong edition's and non working PSOne (which I tested again and it works fine), so that may net me a few hundred more in promo credit.

#3409 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

^good luck. i tried live chatting today with a rep and got absolutely nowhere again, guess it's time for me to type out a massive email explaining everything.

#3410 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

^good luck. i tried live chatting today with a rep and got absolutely nowhere again, guess it's time for me to type out a massive email explaining everything.

Unless you get an idiot, nothing will change. Whoever gets your email will just refer to he notes in your account.

#3411 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

My Gameboy carts were just processed. All accepted except one (the label wasn't in very good condition, so I'm not surprised it was rejected as unacceptable). This credit should last me for a little while :)

#3412 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Is it normal for rejected/declined items to take more than a week to be returned? They didn't give me a tracking number or anything.

#3413 ghozt

ghozt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

2 shipments accepted and 2 more processing. Had a cart only tetrisphere that got paid out as well.

I got in late on the action and majority of the games came from my personal collection. Curious, those of you that bought these games fairly cheap, where did you buy them? I know a few Gamestops still have GC games, but I can't think of any place that still sells xbox games.

#3414 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Woot! got most of my games processed today! still waiting on 5 more n64 carts to be processed, hopefully they get accepted... *crosses fingers*

#3415 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Is it normal for rejected/declined items to take more than a week to be returned? They didn't give me a tracking number or anything.

I only ever had 1 return, but there was a tracking number on the trade in page and it took 1 day for me to get it back.
Posted Image

#3416 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

I only ever had 1 return, but there was a tracking number on the trade in page and it took 1 day for me to get it back.

lol, well you live right next to the center.

Yea, just add two business days, to however long it takes for your games to get there. From socal it would be 9 days. Nocal I would assume would be the same.

#3417 io

io

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Whew, they processed and paid out my last package today. Last I checked it hadn't even gotten there yet. So it either got there later yesterday or even today and they paid it even faster than the last one. They must really have a much smaller volume of trade-ins now than the last 3-4 weeks.

I was a little worried about one because the front of the box had some damage and there was a sharpie mark through the UPC. I don't even remember where I got that from. Otherwise, though, it was complete right down to the plastic bag the GBA cart comes in.

My total: [highlight]$498.85[/highlight] from 5 GBA games and 15 Gamecube games (so an average of about $25 each) all from my personal collection of games acquired early on in my days as a CAG ;). Not too shabby - I wish I had sent in another 4 or 5 though.

Edited by io, 11 October 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#3418 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

I wish I had sent in another 4 or 5 though.

I'm with ya on that. I came out with about $350 in credit on a few things from my personal collections, a few from my yard sale stash. The day after the TIV plummeted I found several more games that were really high, along with consoles. I didn't think to look at console TIV (PSOne, I'm looking at you!)

All in all though I came out pretty good, thanks to all the CAGs who discovered this epic deal!

#3419 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

I got in late on the action and majority of the games came from my personal collection. Curious, those of you that bought these games fairly cheap, where did you buy them? I know a few Gamestops still have GC games, but I can't think of any place that still sells xbox games.

I used the Amazon Marketplace (mostly for GBA, PS1, and Xbox stuff), Gamestop (Gamecube) and eBay (Xbox), and I think I did pretty well, all things considered. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3420 CaN-

CaN-

FIGHT ON!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

how are you guys getting so much from trading in?

like the guy who traded in mario world advance, how did you get $30 for it?