Photo
- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#3451 io

io

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

How could you not put a expiration on something like that? Then you could lock it in and send it in neveraury still getting the same price.

Makes no sense.

That's like saying a coupon from 50 years ago shouldn't expire even when prices inflated.

Clearly you misread my post. I said ONCE IT IS RECEIVED it should never expire. It is beyond stupid that you can send something in (on time) and then once they get it the clock continues to run and if they don't process it in a timely fashion it could expire. This has happened to a few people. What I'm saying, again, is that ONCE THEY RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGE, there should be no expiration. At that point it is on Amazon/NorAm to process your submission. If it takes 10 days or 2 months or whatever, it shouldn't matter - it is in their hands and their delays shouldn't cause the customer's trade-in to expire.

Using your analogy, that is like if I use an active promo code on a web site to get a discount, and I check out and pay for it at that discounted price. But then, internally they don't process my order for 2 weeks and when finally they do, the coupon is no longer valid and they then charge me the full price. Yeah, makes no sense - but then neither does your post ;).

--------------------------------

As for the general issue of spiking trade-in values and what used to happen in the past: thave taken some measures at least. Before, the trade-in values used to trend with no apparent cap. So we were seeing DS games with $60+ values, etc. At the very least, it seems like they have capped the majority (if not all) game values at $30. So when their automatic system detects higher selling prices for a particular game on Amazon (or however they calculate it - in the past it definitely seemed linked to Amazon Marketplace pricing) they won't trend up to ridiculous levels. Yes, $30 on a lot of those games was too much, but it wasn't out of the ballpark at least. And some of them were even not too bad (for Amazon) at those prices. A few of the ones I sent in I probably could have sold for $40-$50. It was just easier to send them all in together and not hassle with selling them myself.

Edited by io, 11 October 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#3452 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

really what amazon needs to do is add a result to the trade in system that simply says item rejected for offered value being too high or too many of that item being traded in.

My guess is that they continue to use "wrong item" or "wrong edition" or "unauthorized copy" so that they can place the blame on the people trading in rather than simply stating the obvious. They have every right to return every copy of those crazy $30 TIV games they had up for a while. The problem is they were offering those values for like 7-10 days - they didn't disappear in 6 hours, they continued appearing in new batches after old ones were fixed..

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#3453 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

I have a game that was delivered 10-1 and it is still processing.

#3454 io

io

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

I should add that most of my stuff got there after everyone else's and I had no problem getting each and every game I submitted accepted for the full amount. If they were starting to reject stuff because someone noticed all the submissions and high prices I would have thought I'd have had more trouble there towards the end.

But then I didn't send a lot of crappy cart-only stuff, either. Still, though, if they had some sort of scheme for rejecting things based on the values being too high, they could have done that on some of mine (and they could have come up with semi-legitimate cover stories for a few of them if they wanted to). So I don't buy it entirely that they reject for the prices being too high but then select other reasons to cover that up. I think a lot of it is just purely random and some of the rejections have been legitimate (torn labels on carts, dead batteries, etc). And of course some is just pure BS - but I don't think it is necessarily because of the values. My random rejections in the past were never on high-value stuff. In fact in one case I was able to send the exact same game back in for more later and it was accepted the second time.

#3455 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

I believe my question got buried, so I'll ask it again:

Sorry to bring up this trade-in again, but is it normal that Cabela's Big Game Hunter is still "Processing" even though today marks the 26th day since the trade-in was created? io said that they shouldn't expire the transaction once they received the item, so maybe that explains it?

I still plan on emailing CS about it, but I wanted to make sure I've waited long enough before doing so.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3456 io

io

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

io said that they shouldn't expire the transaction once they received the item, so maybe that explains it?

I still plan on emailing CS about it, but I wanted to make sure I've waited long enough before doing so.

It will expire from what I understand. I said they shouldn't do so as a matter of common courtesy/sense, but apparently they still do it anyway. But if yours is still active, who knows. And yeah, I'd contact them at this point.

#3457 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by needler420
How could you not put a expiration on something like that? Then you could lock it in and send it in neveraury still getting the same price.

Makes no sense.

That's like saying a coupon from 50 years ago shouldn't expire even when prices inflated.

I agree with you for once, your post makes no sense.

But, I could really do some damage with a stack of 3 cents off coupons from 1962.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3458 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

It will expire from what I understand. I said they shouldn't do so as a matter of common courtesy/sense, but apparently they still do it anyway. But if yours is still active, who knows. And yeah, I'd contact them at this point.

Good news: I got a response with an apology for Cabela's Big Game Hunter not being processed and a gift of $30 in Amazon promo credit, which is pretty nice considering I sent the game cart-only. :-#

Bad news: I was told that I'm basically out of luck on the judged "Severe Damage" copy of Red Dead Revolver (after I got it back in the mail, I tested it on my 360 and it worked perfectly fine):

For trade in TRN-#######-#######, I can confirm that it was not accepted by the Merchant. According to the information provided by the Merchant processing your submission, the specific reason your item didn't meet the trade-in conditions was: Severe Damage.

The items you trade are sent to an Amazon Merchant, who will thoroughly inspect them against the conditions described here:

http://www.amazon.co...odeId=200438390

If items are returned and you still wish to submit the item again, please complete a new trade-in submission here:

http://www.amazon.com/tradein

Regarding the price, I'm sorry, the Merchant will decide if they will honor the previous trade in price of the video game.

For full details, please read the Trade-in Program Terms and Conditions here:

http://www.amazon.com/tradein/terms

We're working hard to provide a stress-free and convenient shopping experience at Amazon.com. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.

I'm considering just letting this go since this is the only rejection I've gotten and I've made a significant profit as is, but what do you all think? I mean, it is $30; should I push my luck and email again or let it slide?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3459 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Good news: I got a response with an apology for Cabela's Big Game Hunter not being processed and a gift of $30 in Amazon promo credit, which is pretty nice considering I sent the game cart-only. :-#

Bad news: I was told that I'm basically out of luck on the judged "Severe Damage" copy of Red Dead Revolver (after I got it back in the mail, I tested it on my 360 and it worked perfectly fine):

I'm considering just letting this go since this is the only rejection I've gotten and I've made a significant profit as is, but what do you all think? I mean, it is $30; should I push my luck and email again or let it slide?

Let it slide.

Now that the great mystery of the Cabela's Big Game Hunter cartridge has come to a close, I feel it's time to start a fresh new thread! See you on the other side!

#3460 io

io

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

New thread:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=329930