Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#31 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:13 AM

Now days I keep everything that is video game related. I try to cut one slide of those hard plastic seams and remove the contents that way. I've got a box of PS3 move,navigation, bluray remote, ds3, move charger, wiimotes, motion plus, nunchuck, etc boxes and blister packaging just in case amazon wants to pay me to get a new one.:D

#32 io

io

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

How long does it usually take them to credit because mine have been delivered since Monday yet no gift card/word. I know a few times in the past they would do it later that night/next morning.

I had a few packages delivered on Monday and Tuesday and I got all the credit today (Thurs).

#33 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:19 AM

Haven't checked one of these threads in a long time; do you guys still find a lot of good flips? I need to move $100 of GS credit to Amazon, but can't say I've been trying very hard lol. Seems like ever since they killed off the coupons and trade promos there has been nothing worthwhile.

Hadn't seen you post for a while but you really missed the most epic 3 months of flipping...BB had some crazy TIVs for a couple months just about, and amazon/kindle cards can be purchased with the gift cards they give. But yes, were in sort of a lull now after BBVs sale. Hopefully BestBuy will crank up their TIVs again to stock those trading kiosks people have been posting about.

#34 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:22 AM

Ugh... I can't find the digital audio adapter for my 360 Elite. I can picture it perfectly in my head... I just can't seem to place where it is. I ordered one on ebay for $3.50 anyway just in case. Now I just have to hope I find mine, or hope that the post office is awesome enough to get me a package mailed out tomorrow to be delivered on Tuesday.

#35 io

io

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:24 AM

Ugh... I can't find the digital audio adapter for my 360 Elite. I can picture it perfectly in my head... I just can't seem to place where it is. I ordered one on ebay for $3.50 anyway just in case. Now I just have to hope I find mine, or hope that the post office is awesome enough to get me a package mailed out tomorrow to be delivered on Tuesday.

A who in the what now!? I guess I'll need one of those too, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Is that the big honking plug thing that came with the system? I still have something with big plugs on it sealed in a bag (original packaging).

Did the Elite also come with a component cable? It shows one on the box but then I thought I had to buy one. Of course it also came with an HDMI cable... Lots of little stuff to forget there.

#36 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:28 AM

aw jeez...I'm out.

#37 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:35 AM

How long does it usually take them to credit because mine have been delivered since Monday yet no gift card/word. I know a few times in the past they would do it later that night/next morning.

as soon as we get to page 2 people start asking questions that are answered in the first post :applause:

#38 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:37 AM

A who in the what now!? I guess I'll need one of those too, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Is that the big honking plug thing that came with the system? I still have something with big plugs on it sealed in a bag (original packaging).

Did the Elite also come with a component cable? It shows one on the box but then I thought I had to buy one. Of course it also came with an HDMI cable... Lots of little stuff to forget there.

This:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

You can buy generic ones around, too if you have to... but I wouldn't take any chances and wanted the microsoft branded one.

It did come with a component cable. This adapter was meant to be used with it... somehow. I never quite understood how it worked because I always used HDMI. Anyway it was meant to allow your audio to be output somewhere else than the component cable.

It also came with an ethernet cable, as well. All of the package contents are written on the side of the box.

#39 io

io

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:02 AM

This:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

You can buy generic ones around, too if you have to... but I wouldn't take any chances and wanted the microsoft branded one.

It did come with a component cable. This adapter was meant to be used with it... somehow. I never quite understood how it worked because I always used HDMI. Anyway it was meant to allow your audio to be output somewhere else than the component cable.

It also came with an ethernet cable, as well. All of the package contents are written on the side of the box.

Yeah, that's the thing I have in the baggie still, so I'm good. The thing is, I didn't need that even when I wasn't using HDMI, so I'm not sure what it is for. I think the component cable has an optical audio out on it, and I used that. Which reminds me, I need to find that component cable.

I guess that thing in the picture is what they call "Optical/RCA Audio Adapter". It seemed like you were talking about an addtional piece so I was trying to make sure!

#40 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

I think I needed it to use the hdmi (tv) and optical out (5.1 surround amp) at the same time. The plug on the component w/ the optical partially blocked the port if i remember corectly. The dongles connector had a slimmer profile.

#41 Pride7ds

Pride7ds

Praise the Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

I had my first problem with the trade in program this week. Sent Brink in like new condition and it has been rejected for "cracked disc". Obviously something happened to it in transit or at the trade in center.

For those of you that have been successful in getting your trade in credit still when this happened, do you have any advice for how to approach the subject via live chat? I know it's YMMV but was hoping that I could get some good advice before I try.

Currently Playing:
:360: FIFA World Cup 2014

:xb1: Watch Dogs, Titanfall, Battlefield 4

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World

#42 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

Sucks that Amazon now gives only 7-days to ship out a Trade-In.

#43 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

Sucks that Amazon now gives only 7-days to ship out a Trade-In.

this has always been the case but as long as it's received in 25 days your good as gold...unless something has changed that i don't know about..

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#44 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

Crap, I forgot about all the little crap in the box as well, still gonna take my chances as even $140 would be solid for it
Posted Image

#45 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

Hadn't seen you post for a while but you really missed the most epic 3 months of flipping...BB had some crazy TIVs for a couple months just about, and amazon/kindle cards can be purchased with the gift cards they give. But yes, were in sort of a lull now after BBVs sale. Hopefully BestBuy will crank up their TIVs again to stock those trading kiosks people have been posting about.

Eh, I kind of shy away from BB since they kicked off their trade-in program with so many limitations (needs original receipt for trade, limit 3 per title, refusing to take Kirby Wii trades because their sale price was lower lol, etc). Just seemed like a headache, especially since my BB is completely anal after the free games fiasco. I swear the only reason they stay in business is because the location is high traffic.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#46 Cardiff Giant

Cardiff Giant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

Sent in a Driving Force GT in original box and shipping box with all manuals etc as like new for 109.25 worth of credit, included the packing slip and everything.

According to UPS is was recieved on Wednesday morning at 9am and it still shows as "not received" by Amazon. Is this normal? I figured within two business days of UPS delivering it I'd have my credit but no such luck yet.

#47 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

Sent in a Driving Force GT in original box and shipping box with all manuals etc as like new for 109.25 worth of credit, included the packing slip and everything.

According to UPS is was recieved on Wednesday morning at 9am and it still shows as "not received" by Amazon. Is this normal? I figured within two business days of UPS delivering it I'd have my credit but no such luck yet.

My Portal 2 was also delivered on Wednesday and it still shows as not received with no credit yet.

#48 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

I had my first problem with the trade in program this week. Sent Brink in like new condition and it has been rejected for "cracked disc". Obviously something happened to it in transit or at the trade in center.

For those of you that have been successful in getting your trade in credit still when this happened, do you have any advice for how to approach the subject via live chat? I know it's YMMV but was hoping that I could get some good advice before I try.

Best shot is to just say the truth that Bring was "like new" and you don't know what happened. Depending on your history with Amazon, the CSR might be enticed to help out.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#49 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

I've never had a problem trading in games... but textbooks now that's a different story.:roll:

A few weeks ago I sent in a textbook in perfect condition, but found out that it was rejected because the cover was damaged. After it had been returned to me, I saw that there was a huge cut down the back cover of my book (most likely from the boxcutter), so I contacted an Amazon customer service rep and explained that when I had shipped my book it had been in near perfect condition, but after it had been returned to me it had a humongous cut down the back cover. The rep took sympathy on me and gave me a credit to my Amazon account.

All you have to do is be courteous and you'll more than likely get the credit you deserve.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#50 Pride7ds

Pride7ds

Praise the Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

A few weeks ago I sent in a textbook in perfect condition, but found out that it was rejected because the cover was damaged. After it had been returned to me, I saw that there was a huge cut down the back cover of my book (most likely from the boxcutter), so I contacted an Amazon customer service rep and explained that when I had shipped my book it had been in near perfect condition, but after it had been returned to me it had a humongous cut down the back cover. The rep took sympathy on me and gave me a credit to my Amazon account.

All you have to do is be courteous and you'll more than likely get the credit you deserve.

Thanks for the advice, I gave it a shot and they told me that it was damaged in transit by UPS (riiiiight) and to contact UPS to place a claim for my damaged disc. Yeah, I'm sure that'll work.

So no trade in credit and a busted game, fantastic!

Currently Playing:

#51 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for the advice, I gave it a shot and they told me that it was damaged in transit by UPS (riiiiight) and to contact UPS to place a claim for my damaged disc. Yeah, I'm sure that'll work.

Just keep trying with amazon cs. Don't think ups would care if you talked to them anyways since you didn't pay for the shipping.

MildObstruction.png

#52 luischav3z

luischav3z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

Did you shipped it in a bubble mailer or an envelope?

I always reuse the boxes from Amazon.

#53 Pride7ds

Pride7ds

Praise the Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:20 AM

Did you shipped it in a bubble mailer or an envelope?

I always reuse the boxes from Amazon.

Bubble mailer - I know I should have used a box but I had been 4 for 4 with the bubble mailers and I hadn't heard many bad stories lately so I thought I'd be okay.

I actually haven't received the game back yet but I figured their description of cracked disc would render it busted. Maybe I'll get lucky and just the case was cracked in transit. If the game is unplayable, I'll try to contact them again.

Thanks for the advice fellas and I'll definitely be using boxes from here on out.

Currently Playing:

#54 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:45 AM

Keep trying the all options, email, chat , and phone. Sometimes you gotta do all 3.

#55 NOFX232

NOFX232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

Amazon rocks! I sent them a couple of items and they said that one of them was not received even though I put it in there. I emailed Amazon about it and they sent me a promotional credit for the value of the item, no questions asked.

#56 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:10 AM

Amazon rocks! I sent them a couple of items and they said that one of them was not received even though I put it in there. I emailed Amazon about it and they sent me a promotional credit for the value of the item, no questions asked.

Amazon direct or the trade in company?

#57 NOFX232

NOFX232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:12 AM

Emailed Amazon directly.

#58 Cardiff Giant

Cardiff Giant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

Just got notification that they accepted my Driving Force GT that arrived on Wednesday and I got the like new credit of $109.25. Pretty awesome that in December I paid $99 for it from Amazon and then was able to trade it in for $10.25 more than I paid!

#59 DM1978

DM1978

CAG since July 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

bump

Edited by retail sucks, 11 June 2011 - 10:13 PM.

"By Grabthar's Hammer, what a saving." - Sir Alexander Dane(Galaxy Quest)

ccccccccc[]================>

#60 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

I've been using USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Boxes(Size: 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2")
http://www.usps.com/..._car_med_fr.jpg

There is one little side tab that holds the box together, so I carefully peel it away from the box, turn the box inside out, poke two small holes close together two at the top & two at the bottom of the tab to put it back together and use garbage/bread ties to hold it, and then tape the hell out of it. It's worked everytime, no problem.

Bad idea...The more recent boxes have the inside striped with 'priority mail postage required' throughout and if it not used for priority mail, it can be viewed as 'misuse of postal property', a federal offense. While they may be 'free', the USPS views those boxes as their property and are profoundly unhappy with anyone not using them to mail stuff via priority mail.

http://www.thedenver...154/detail.html