Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#61 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

Wow, Amazon is freaking ridiculous with accessory trade-ins. I sent in a mostly unused Dualshock 3 as "like new", complete with the plastic box it came in (and it was really nicely exacto-knived open, not torn up like crap), and they returned it to me because they rated it as "acceptable" (not even "good"!)

That's just... sigh.
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#62 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

yup amazon is fucking done for trade ins. I'm not going to deal with them determining what value something is and giving you half the value they advertise on the website.

I guess it's a step above stepping on games and returning them as defective, but still bullshit.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#63 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

Wow, Amazon is freaking ridiculous with accessory trade-ins. I sent in a mostly unused Dualshock 3 as "like new", complete with the plastic box it came in (and it was really nicely exacto-knived open, not torn up like crap), and they returned it to me because they rated it as "acceptable" (not even "good"!)

That's just... sigh.

Holy crap, that sucks! Definitely going to have to think twice now before trading into amazon :cry:
Posted Image

#64 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

My portal 2 (ps3) was accepted at full. so was my textbook.

#65 DM1978

DM1978

CAG since July 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

Bad idea...The more recent boxes have the inside striped with 'priority mail postage required' throughout and if it not used for priority mail, it can be viewed as 'misuse of postal property', a federal offense. While they may be 'free', the USPS views those boxes as their property and are profoundly unhappy with anyone not using them to mail stuff via priority mail.

http://www.thedenver...154/detail.html

Thanks, I had no idea it was that big of a deal :cold: I'll quit doing that LOL. I'm still not using a bubble mailer though. :shame:

"By Grabthar's Hammer, what a saving." - Sir Alexander Dane(Galaxy Quest)

ccccccccc[]================>

#66 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:58 AM

so they messed up a trade in of mine and instead of giftcard credit they gave me promo credit. Now anytime i buy something it is taken off my giftcards instead of my promo credit. im afraid the promo credit will expire and i have $700.xx giftcard credit so that isnt going away anytime soon. i never had this issue before but how do i get it to take off the promo credit instead of gift card credit? iv tried amounts under and over the $14 promo credit and still nothing... thanx!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#67 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:27 AM

i gave up on amazon awhile ago. BB's instore procedure makes getting the credit a helluva lot easier.
OP= Online Pass
Currently selling DLC: Dead Island, RAGE, Dissidia: Aya Brea Costume, SR: The Third OP, Red Faction: Armageddon, Homefront OP + Avatar, BRINK, Portal 2 Steam Passes, Crysis 2 LE, Bulletstorm , NFS:HP OP , Dead Space 2 OP +Armor, Alice Madness: Returns OP, Motorstorm: Apoc, FEAR 3 Shredder + OP, Gears of War 2 ALL FRONTS, Halo: Reach Recon Helmet, Mortal Kombat OP

PM for more details

#68 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:40 AM

They just want stuff that's actually like new so that they can resell through the Warehouse. I'm almost convinced of it. But, they did accept my copies of KOTOR and Devil May Cry trilogy as Like New, so I got no complaints (yet) ;)

#69 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:48 AM

so they messed up a trade in of mine and instead of giftcard credit they gave me promo credit. Now anytime i buy something it is taken off my giftcards instead of my promo credit. im afraid the promo credit will expire and i have $700.xx giftcard credit so that isnt going away anytime soon. i never had this issue before but how do i get it to take off the promo credit instead of gift card credit? iv tried amounts under and over the $14 promo credit and still nothing... thanx!

promo credit can only be applied to items sold directly from amazon.com, not wherehouse deals or any other 3rd party sellers.

#70 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:01 AM

ok thank you, i kept trying warehouse deals and 3rd party venders. thank you again

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#71 NorCal1083

NorCal1083

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

shit, I just sent in

Halo Reach
NBA2k11
Mario Party 8
Just Dance
Mario Galaxy,

my games are cleean, all cases, manuals and disks were like new, they credited me $107 hope they dont jack me once they get them..

#72 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:18 AM

I sent in two PS3s and it worked like a charm, and was really fast. The more I read this thread, the more I think I pretty much was just the luckiest guy ever. I feel bad for you guys, since I know the stress I was feeling while the consoles were on their way and I was reading this thread. I don't know how it can be this hard to get reliable people to process the trade-ins for them.

#73 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

I sent in a pristine PSP -- not one scratch -- and not only did they not accept it as 'like-new,' they wouldn't take it as 'good' either. They marked it down to 'Acceptable' and I'm glad I didn't accidentally click on 'accept lower trade value' because the difference was $93 for the like-new and $24 for acceptable!

I guess they now need the box itself to be in like-new condition too, because the system itself was flawless. My box was in OK shape, completely intact, and I had the manuals and everything else....guess they are just being REALLY particular when it comes to system trade-ins.

#74 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

I sent in a pristine PSP -- not one scratch -- and not only did they not accept it as 'like-new,' they wouldn't take it as 'good' either. They marked it down to 'Acceptable' and I'm glad I didn't accidentally click on 'accept lower trade value' because the difference was $93 for the like-new and $24 for acceptable!

I guess they now need the box itself to be in like-new condition too, because the system itself was flawless. My box was in OK shape, completely intact, and I had the manuals and everything else....guess they are just being REALLY particular when it comes to system trade-ins.

You have to look at it from their point of view: the consumer they sell it to will judge the condition on everything, including the box.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#75 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

You have to look at it from their point of view: the consumer they sell it to will judge the condition on everything, including the box.

The box was definitely 'good.' I didn't even know they guaranteed a box when selling systems, did they?

Either way, to have it downgraded to 'acceptable' is IMO unacceptable. I'll just sell it on Amazon Marketplace instead.

#76 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

wow. Is the box for a PSP really worth $70?

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#77 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

wow. Is the box for a PSP really worth $70?

Apparently it is. The PSP I had was absolutely mint. I had the manual, charger, card -- everything. As far as the box goes, let me put it this way: it was the same condition that Amazon's Warehouse Deals had listed as 'Like-New' when I bought it from them a couple of months ago!

They were going to bypass both Like-New and Good and give me $25 for it instead of the $92 the 'like-new' was getting (even 'good' was nabbing $80 the other day).

Definitely odd, because I've had good success trading in games with scratches and all kinds of other issues in the past. Not this time though! At least I'm getting it back tomorrow (hopefully with no issues).

#78 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:58 AM

I was going to send in my 360 Elite but just realized I have the Forza 3/Ultimate Alliance box. Should I even bother sending it in? I see stories of people getting it rejected for no reason.

#79 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:39 AM

I had mostly good luck with them accepting acceptable games. I wasn't sure if they would reject everything or not.

Game 1, former rental with manual in rental case and many scratches, accepted
Game 2, disc only rental game with sticker on the disc, many scratches, accepted
Game 3, original case with cover art, no manual, disc had writing on it, many scratches, accepted
Game 4, disc only game in generic case, many scratches, accepted
Game 5, cartridge only Gameboy game, torn label. rejected due to "severe damage"

So unless it was YMMV my games got accepted, it looks like the disc games just have to play and not be cracked to be accepted.

#80 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

The box was definitely 'good.' I didn't even know they guaranteed a box when selling systems, did they?

Either way, to have it downgraded to 'acceptable' is IMO unacceptable. I'll just sell it on Amazon Marketplace instead.

I hear you. That's why I always check "Return Items".

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#81 DAWG26

DAWG26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:04 AM

Anyone know how to change it to"Return Items" after you have already shipped?

#82 io

io

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

I hear you. That's why I always check "Return Items".

I think I'm going for it on my Elite - I'm letting them downgrade. Amazon will hear from me if it goes below good, though. I submitted it at "Like New" which is pushing it (though it is very clean and looks pretty new) - but it definitely qualifies as "Good". If they, in good faith, mark it down to that I have no problem. However, losing $60 more for acceptable, is, well, not acceptable ;).

Granted, $140 is still good for an Elite. But I remember why I didn't trade it for $172 before (when they didn't have the condition tiers). It still works just fine and I kind of need a second 360 in the house (with me and the 2 boys playing games). I'll end up having to buy a replacement. It will run me $300 to get a new one with a HD, so even if I get the best possible trade-in price, I'm still shelling out quite a bit more to get essentially the same thing. While it is nice to upgrade, my Elite works perfectly fine.

In any case, I spent much of the weekend transfering content and I think I have it all taken care of. I didn't wipe the drive (except for profiles of course) just in case they completely send it back for some reason.

I have lots of pictures including a shot of the box as I put each accessory in. I am definitely including everything, and some of it is still sealed from purchase (like that adapter thing and the network cable).

There is absolutely no reason for it not to be marked "good". We'll see... I'll probably mail it Tuesday. I need to find a nice huge box to put the original box in to make sure there is no damage in transit. I hadn't looked in that box since I got it - there no styrofoam and almost no padding at all around the 360, which is somewhat shocking. There are just two pieces of cardboard that slide in front and behind the system. The top touches the top of the box and the bottom is packed up against the accessories. It definitely needs to go inside another box with lots of additional packing material.

#83 DM1978

DM1978

CAG since July 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

That's just... sigh.

I sent an accessory, a PS3 / PS3 Move Assault Rifle Controller, in last week along with a game(in separate box/transaction) that wasn't accepted as like new with the reason given as *Original packaging damaged.

First of all the item was only used twice, literally, after I received it brand new directly from CTA Digital(won it in a promo). I took video of the item before sending just in case a problem occurred, which in this case it has.

Here is a link to the HD video of the item just before I packaged & sent it:

http://s16.photobuck...overifleMP4.mp4

There is no way this item could be considered any but like new or good at the worst, but it was given an "acceptable" rating because of the original packaging but as you can see in the video the item was "like new"!

Because of this I will no longer send in any trade items to Amazon/AMS(?) & I'm considering a BBB complaint against the trade-in company.

#84 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

BBB is useless. Don't even waste your time.

Ees7Y.jpg

#85 dudejeff22

dudejeff22

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Anyone have any luck trading in the PS3 bluetooth remote without the original packaging? I've got 2 of them and no longer need both... but who the hell keeps the packaging of a remote control? Especially Sony's military-grade plastic. There's no way to get the thing out without cutting it up!

Anyway just wondering if it's worth my time to try.

#86 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

Just have them return it if they dont take the like new option. I doubt you will get the full value without the box but at least you will get the item back
Posted Image

#87 Cerebral_One

Cerebral_One

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

Why do game's say for ex: up to $8 trade in?

#88 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

They grade them now, like new, good, acceptable and give you value based on what they feel your item is worth.

You have the option to pick one when trading in and you can either have it returned to you if they want to give you less, or allow them to give you a lesser value
Posted Image

#89 dudejeff22

dudejeff22

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Just have them return it if they dont take the like new option. I doubt you will get the full value without the box but at least you will get the item back

Well "Good" is offering the same value as "Like New" so I'm going with that. However, even for "Good" it says that they need original packaging.

I guess I'll just give it a try and see what happens. Worst case scenario, GameStop.

#90 DM1978

DM1978

CAG since July 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, I selected the like new option for the Move Rifle, and to have it returned if graded otherwise so mine is being returned which morally I couldn't accept anything less than that condition & I knew other CAG members had problems with items being stated as acceptable when their at least in "Good" condition.

I've never had a problem with getting credit for games which I've sent in many, & all have been like new as well. I sent Crysis 2 in for $30 last week and just like the Move assault rifle it was mint. My accessory not being accepted in just plain bull sh!t and a scam to get lower price to resale.

BBB is useless. Don't even waste your time.

Hmm, I've always had decent success when using the BBB, unless someone here has already tried complaining about Amazon Trade-In. It at least requires the company to respond & it puts them through the trouble of having to deal with the issue.