Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#871 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

Some of the values dropped already, Mario Galaxy 2 says $39 but when you add it to trade in, it shows $32.

#872 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

Forza 4 is the only higher value that stands out to me. Most of the values for games I purchased and considered trading were this high a week ago.

I can only hope that Best Buy has some very great success with their trade-in program, forcing Amazon to at least try to offer incentives to trade-in there in the future.

#873 Rav

Rav

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

Battlefield 3 on PS3 has a trade-in value of $40.50. I may just have to let mine go for that price. inFAMOUS 2 trades in for $29.85 as well :)
Posted Image
Steam/Xfire ->
Spoiler

#874 MrMan

MrMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

battlefield 3 it states standard edition so i am not sure if they would accept limited edition for it

#875 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

battlefield 3 it states standard edition so i am not sure if they would accept limited edition for it

Pretty sure they will accept it. I think it was the same for bfbc2. UPC should be the same.

Edited by Toss, 17 November 2011 - 09:46 AM.

#876 herpderp118

herpderp118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

nvm canceled them

Edited by herpderp118, 17 November 2011 - 09:16 AM.

#877 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

There is no separate listing for limited edition so I imagine they would take it.

CBrownsT10.png

#878 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

Good price on uncharted 3

#879 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

There is no separate listing for limited edition so I imagine they would take it.

There is a separate listing, it's just not eligible for trade-ins. But like others have said, the UPC of either leads to the standard version so it doesn't matter.

#880 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

Sold back 7 games for $101. Bought the 7 games for $82 so I am happy. Infamous 2 netted me over $10 alone.

#881 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

Several titles went way down on my spreadsheet overnight. Games that were $8 yesterday are $5 today. Only two titles went up (Uncharted and Soul Calibur 4).

methinks amazon will increase the prices after this "one day sale" is over.

#882 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

Rocksmith went up $1 or so, other title i had went down more. I'll just keep the locked order i made earlier.

#883 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

I traded in my limited BF3 two weeks ago with no problem.

#884 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

Looks like this is real hit or miss. FORZA 4 went up to $40 so I'm glad I held out for a few days. Also traded in FAMILY GAME NIGHT 3 which went from $7 to $12. Everything else in my list stayed the same but I'll take the extra $12 on those two anyway.

#885 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

I have no idea where Black Ops was before but it's 19.50 right now. It was probably higher before MW3 came out but I didn't even think about trading it in until I saw it on this list.

#886 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

I have no idea where Black Ops was before but it's 19.50 right now. It was probably higher before MW3 came out but I didn't even think about trading it in until I saw it on this list.

If I remember correctly, it was around 18 on 360 yesterday.

#887 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

Sonic Generations went up to a $35.10 TIV, so needless to say, I'm trading that in. I only paid $17.99 for it on release, so that's quite a nice little profit from playing it.

Posted Image

#888 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

You know you don't have to track values and you can just use the tracker? ;)

Really tempted to trade in Arkham City and Infamous 2. Not sure if I'll how likely it'll be that I'll really want to replay them again.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#889 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

Really tempted to trade in Arkham City and Infamous 2. Not sure if I'll how likely it'll be that I'll really want to replay them again.

Much to my own surprise I've been having Arkham City withdrawl ever since I traded it in. I'm cuckoo for those stupid Batman games.

#890 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Might be worth locking in Batman and Uncharted 3 and then if I get them at Best Buy at the BF presale for Silver members I can trade my current copies in. MGS4 for $11.35 is not a bad price either.

#891 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Just a heads up Blue but I believe there are different UPCs for Batman AC. BB has the robin code while Amazon included a comic book in their version for preorders iirc. I figure you probably looked up your SKU already but just a heads up if you werent aware.

#892 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

I think it really depends on where you live. For us West Coasters it really can't be sent much after the deadline because of the 7-9 days shipping time for UPS Groundsloth. If you live near NorAm you can probably push it to a week past the deadline. The most I've ever waited is 1 day after the deadline - had no problems with that ;).

I'm on the West Coast, and I've actually gone 4-5 days after the deadline before. But that's a bigger risk, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Side note: I actually have a trade-in order locked in on Oct. 4 (which I'm not planning on shipping), but it hasn't "expired" yet. Amazon used to automatically expire trade-ins after ~3 weeks of locking it in (which gave me an idea of how long after the deadline I could ship and still have it accepted); have they stopped doing this? I really hope this isn't an indication of Amazon going super strict on shipping deadlines...

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

Get a PS4 or $375 Conga Line, proof of payouts to CAGs in OP!

#893 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

no, itll still get denied as expired. Games have to be processed by the 25th day to be valid. So they pretty much have to get there by the 22nd day to be ok.

#894 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

Just to share, I've been trading in to Amazon since forever and just today got my first rejection. It was a stupid Gamefly PS3 disc with chipped edges (no scratches). I thought PS3 discs would hold up better than Xbox ones, but I guess PS3 renters like to play with their discs. No more Gamefly purchases from me.

#895 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:26 AM

If I submit 10 games to trade in but only end up going through with 7, does that have any effect on me because there will be 3 games listed that I won't be trading in?

#896 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:42 AM

If I submit 10 games to trade in but only end up going through with 7, does that have any effect on me because there will be 3 games listed that I won't be trading in?

No, they just won't credit you for the games not received. I usually add a bunch of games to my trades, but then at the last minute decide to omit a few of them (since I usually do quite large trades, sometimes 20+ things).

Posted Image

#897 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

No, they just won't credit you for the games not received. I usually add a bunch of games to my trades, but then at the last minute decide to omit a few of them (since I usually do quite large trades, sometimes 20+ things).

Awesome thanks. I want to lock in Modern Warfare 3 but I'm not sure if I want to give it up and wanted to think about it for a week.

#898 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:29 AM

Much to my own surprise I've been having Arkham City withdrawl ever since I traded it in. I'm cuckoo for those stupid Batman games.

I liked the game, I just have a feeling I'm not going to play again to gather the 3,258 riddler trophies I missed. :lol:

Just a heads up Blue but I believe there are different UPCs for Batman AC. BB has the robin code while Amazon included a comic book in their version for preorders iirc. I figure you probably looked up your SKU already but just a heads up if you werent aware.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'm safe, mine was from TRU.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#899 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

Talk about ass backwards.

Yesterday I locked in Gears 3 and Super Smash Bros Brawl along with 7 other games.

Today they are trading in for about $6 more combined.

Is it okay not to include those games on my first list, and create a second submission today with the higher price?

#900 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:05 AM

pop quiz for anyone that's traded in a 3ds - AR cards needed for full value (y/n)? I think one of my little rascals took them and hid them in a mystery location. I have to ship on Monday and the tiv has dropped by a little over $20 so I'd hate to have to resubmit because of those goofy little things.