• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#901 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

Talk about ass backwards.

Yesterday I locked in Gears 3 and Super Smash Bros Brawl along with 7 other games.

Today they are trading in for about $6 more combined.

Is it okay not to include those games on my first list, and create a second submission today with the higher price?

yep, should be fine. Note, it might or might not count towards your limit of 2 games within a x-month period. I forget the details.

#902 birdyjuice

birdyjuice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:58 AM

does anyone have any experience trading in a Wii at Amazon? I have the original box, wiimote, cables, bar, and the instruction books and such. It's not been used a whole lot but does have some wear.

Would I have to go with good condition or would they go with Like New? do hardware trade ins go well?

#903 io

io

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

does anyone have any experience trading in a Wii at Amazon? I have the original box, wiimote, cables, bar, and the instruction books and such. It's not been used a whole lot but does have some wear.

Would I have to go with good condition or would they go with Like New? do hardware trade ins go well?

I sent in a near mint 360 and all I was missing was one original plastic bag (for the controller). They docked it from "like new" to "good".

#904 jaimefbh

jaimefbh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

I tried trade in a 3DS and they posted it was missing bundled game, which i have no idea what they are talking about. It was docked from like new to acceptable. I only played the thing once, and i did not came with any game.

#905 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

Does anyone have any experience trading in Borderlands GOTY (XB360) with the token codes (as opposed to the DLC on a 2nd disk)? The UPC points to the only Borderlands GOTY that they have (which is the one with the 2nd disk). If I submit it,m will it be rejected because there is no 2nd DLC disk?

#906 birdyjuice

birdyjuice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

I sent in a near mint 360 and all I was missing was one original plastic bag (for the controller). They docked it from "like new" to "good".

really? I'm pretty sure I didn't save the plastic crap.... didn't think anyone would want it.

would they really take it to good or acceptable just because of that?

#907 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

Trade-in of the day is Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for $23 .. ps3 only.

#908 io

io

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:04 AM

really? I'm pretty sure I didn't save the plastic crap.... didn't think anyone would want it.

would they really take it to good or acceptable just because of that?

They might take it to "very good" because of that. It shouldn't go to acceptable on that basis alone, though.

I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I got docked - but as always, it will be YMMV. A different person on a different day (doing the check-in) may not care. But, in general, "like new" means it pretty much hasn't been used and all the packaging is there, just opened. Since yours probably really isn't "like new" (as mine was not either) then you can try locking it in for that but then allowing them to downgrade if you are OK with the "very good" rating. At the time I locked it in, it was $230 for "like new" and $200 for "very good" so I really had no problem with the downgrade, though I was slightly annoyed that many others here on CAG managed to get the $230 for their similar 4 year-old Elite's just because they had all the plastic bags. I mean, I had most and even still had some stuff (like the Ethernet cable and composite cable) still factory-sealed even. And I'm sure someone will chime in that they sent theirs in a jumble in a box and still got the $230 as well - maybe it was just my bad luck.

#909 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

So, question regarding Battlefield 3 (I think it was discussed but I'm not sure)

I locked in a trade-in for the game when they increased the TIV to $40.50. Does it have to be either the Standard Edition or Limited Edition that I trade in (or are they interchangeable)? And if so, how do I tell which I have locked my trade in at?

Also, looking at the trade-ins, it doesn't denote either Standard or Limited Edition. It just says "Battlefield 3"

edit: looks like it was discussed several pages back and they seem to be interchangeable. Thanks

#910 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

So, question regarding Battlefield 3 (I think it was discussed but I'm not sure)

I locked in a trade-in for the game when they increased the TIV to $40.50. Does it have to be either the Standard Edition or Limited Edition that I trade in (or are they interchangeable)? And if so, how do I tell which I have locked my trade in at?

Also, looking at the trade-ins, it doesn't denote either Standard or Limited Edition. It just says "Battlefield 3"

edit: looks like it was discussed several pages back and they seem to be interchangeable. Thanks

BF3 may have a different UPC for limited edition. THe safest way to find out is to enter the UPC on amazon.com. Whatever pops up is the one you are supposed to trade in.

#911 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

They'll take the Limited for BF3. At least they took mine with no problem.

#912 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Mine's been in verification status for 3 days now for BF3.

#913 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

Both editions have unique UPC's but a couple of CAGs have confirmed that their trade ins were accepted. The database may just have both logged into their system. At the time the TIV hit its $40 peak the trade in site stated ” standard edition” though : shrugs:

#914 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

Mine's been in verification status for 3 days now for BF3.

I sent some stuff off last week and it just hit verification status, I hope it goes through before the BF deals start.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#915 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Not game related but trade in. I sent in some stuff so I could have some credit for Black Friday, but just a day after I got credit for them, their Trade in value went up over $70 combined :(

#916 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

damn, that sucks. I had a few things that went up (notably a Zelda guide) but I'm just glad I got rid of a bunch of clutter for some good credit.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#917 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

Not game related but trade in. I sent in some stuff so I could have some credit for Black Friday, but just a day after I got credit for them, their Trade in value went up over $70 combined :(

That's too bad but hindsight is always 20/20 vision. Besides $70 isn't life changing money so I wouldn't be too worked up over it.

I submitted a trade for Modern Warfare 3 at $38.50 and noticed it was going for $35 today. So I cancelled the old one and submitted a new one. Definitely worth $3.50 to play the game online for one more week during Thanksgiving weekend.

#918 snowmint

snowmint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

so guys I want to trade in rage ps3 at amazon but my says anarchy edition on it. Does it matter or is this the only copy of rage available and do I need to send it with a slip cover. Does it matter?

#919 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

Cosmo Black 3DS tiv jumped back up today (to 115.45). These are starting to hover under $100 regularly, so jump in while you can if you're looking to offload yours.

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B002I096AA/

#920 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

Resident evil archives (an old RE art book from like 2006) is currently trading in for $87. I had a spare I traded in months ago for $30. I really don't wanna get rid of my other copy, but that price is mighty tempting.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#921 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Hey guys if I trade in a game that has an online pass (Fifa, dead space 2) but already used it, is it still in good condition if everything else is still intact?

#922 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

Hey guys if I trade in a game that has an online pass (Fifa, dead space 2) but already used it, is it still in good condition if everything else is still intact?

Yes.

#923 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

Yes.

Thank you!

#924 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

My BF3 has been in verification mode since 11/16 when it was delivered.

#925 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

My BF3 has been in verification mode since 11/16 when it was delivered.

My BF3 arrived Monday and is still in verification mode, too. My other games were accepted though in my other package.

edit: just got the GC deposited email at 3:30pm.

#926 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

They are probably wondering what to do with the whole LE vs SE status. I also did not give them the online pass card.

#927 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

They are probably wondering what to do with the whole LE vs SE status. I also did not give them the online pass card.

Mine was the LE and it was accepted about 10 mins ago, not sure how long it'd been in verifying status, but it arrived on Monday.

#928 io

io

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

I'm going to be really pushing it with about 4 things I have to mail in. They were supposed to be mailed by Thursday. So I got them all ready on Wednesday and went to the UPS store and they had closed early with an earlier than usual pickup for Ground shipments. Then, it said on the door that while they are open Friday, there is no UPS Ground pickup that day. This seems to be a system-wide thing. And yet, I can mail stuff at the post office today. Yeah, let's get rid of the USPS and just use these more convenient private shippers :roll:.

Anyway, I guess I'll drop them off and have them scanned in today - but they won't go out till Monday (oh yeah, they also don't do anything over the weekend - strike two). But that is still a day later than they were supposed to get dropped off. Add in the weekend and then 8-9 days for transit cross country (strike three for UPS) and I'll be sweating out having my orders cancelled on me by Amazon.

#929 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:28 AM

How does the CONSOLE trade in work? What do I need to send to get the FULL value? I have the box, controller and I believe everything that came with it. How stingy are they on the condition? They are giving $132 for an Elite and it might help offset the cost if I order a Holiday bundle tonight :)

Also, I traded in a few games with a slash through the UPC....are those still LIKE NEW (everything else was MINT)

#930 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:38 AM

How does the CONSOLE trade in work? What do I need to send to get the FULL value? I have the box, controller and I believe everything that came with it. How stingy are they on the condition? They are giving $132 for an Elite and it might help offset the cost if I order a Holiday bundle tonight :)

Also, I traded in a few games with a slash through the UPC....are those still LIKE NEW (everything else was MINT)

I think the common wisdom is "good luck" on console trade-ins for like new condition. I just sent in a 3ds with all of the original components, bags, and even the original stickers that keep the box sealed still sticky and I don't feel completely confident. Basically, to get the highest value try to send it as if it was just opened and you closed it back up and dropped it off at UPS.

As far as the barcode slash goes, if it's a not for resale type thing you're probably looking at rejection but it certainly doesn't hurt to try.